My Sugestions Toward MB Disarms.

Now some people might argue that it migh ruin the Poker Feeling of Sabering.

What poker feeling are you talking about? If you know what you are doing you can estimate the BP of your enemy quite well. Sorry but I don't like the idea at all. Once you learn how to mblock well you will understand why.

My suggestion towards MB disarm, get rid of it entirely in duel mode.
Ow! The almighty one coming on my thread!!

That seems to be the general consensus of vets. players, but at this point, it most probably won’t happen... the best remain to find a nice middle ground for everyone’s happiness, and that’s what I’m working on.

I doubt you red the whole thing, but I would be happy if you took sometimes to at least read the Reserved post which address the common issues, and the nicest proposals!

Please, feel free to add some of your own ideas about it to help reaching a good middle ground for everyone’s happyness

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
ive always said this and i wont change my mind, that gimmick ruins duels and breaks the immersion but people (most of the time those that abuse the system) always gives me crap for saying that.
Swingblock if you dont want to be mblocked, it takes some skill to do it anyways (not so much at the current build) so you cant really abuse it easily anyways

Why get rid of it? It punishes people for bad swingblocking and predictable swings
The only sole purpose of swingblocking is now exactly that, a crap and forced mechanic. Back then (if my memory doesn't fail me) it had more depth, you would have to swingblock to lessen the ammount of bp drop it took for you to swing, and also for the damage you give to your opponent. e.g Swingblock = Makes less damage to opponent and to yourself whereas Non-Swingblock = More damage to yourself and your opponent. So it was interesting to fiddle around with that, making your own strategies on when to swingblock on your combos etc, now you just spam swingblock becuase you're afraid of your opponent disarming you. I mean now really, why is disarming even needed in a dueling mode? Disarming and killing someone right of the bat, is like saying you don't even want to duel. But hey, gotta rise the little ego points of getting a good k/d huehue

Disarming and killing someone right of the bat
This situation happens very often to people who both don't swingblock their first swing and at the same time telegraph their swings.
Why shouldn't it be punished?

Disarm actually promotes some creativity in hueling, since disarm punishes predictability. Constant fear of getting disarmed makes you think about your directions, timing and stuff.

Why should it be if you can have better mechanics?
Because it is actually a good thing for open mode? Because it promotes skillful play in duels?

So it was interesting to fiddle around with that, making your own strategies on when to swingblock on your combos etc
There were no "fiddling around" against skilled opponents, because they would punish you for a slightest mistake. You either did a most unpredictable swings or swingblocked as much as you can.

Telegraphed swings without sb -> death

Because it is actually a good thing for open mode? Because it promotes skillful play in duels?
First yes, second argueable but i'd rather opt for something less op, and more skillfull than this kindergarden crap. Also open shouldn't come to a debate becuase I literally stated before that it should be deactivated for only dueling mode.
You either did a most unpredictable swings or swingblocked as much as you can.
Yeah nowadays it's like that lul.
also to the fiddlying I ment as in the sense of coming up with your own strategies and being creative with the things you were doing.

more skillfull
Let's imagine what would happen if disarm only happens after 30 bp or low for attacker

Outside of just some saved BPs, there are two reasons to swingblock:
1. Protection from slap - close distance
2. Protection from disarm - medium to close distance
Now if you make disarm to only occur below 30 bp you suddenly make one less reason to swingblock at medium distance.

How that would play out?
Prediction: it would promote mindless a-d parry spamfest at medium distance, since there's no reason to be careful about your directions now.

Glad, you came to that conclusion of the suggestion from the OP, which were completly different from the suggestion I gave.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
I think swingblock still has depth, if you compare people who swingblock and people who dont, you know which one is better at dueling. Mblock is great for punishing people who mindlessly come at you with predictable swings and doesnt swingblock. Its good for defensive styles as well. If you dont wan't to be mblocked, then swingblock and do better swings, its simple. Slapping is more of an issue than mblocking anyways

Just take away disarm and turn it into a decently long stagger and remove the instant mblock counter. I might say just remove it entirely to be honest.

The mblock counter is terrible where it is right now, you cannot avoid it. You probably will say be less predictable, or yaw or whatever.

But, there’s just no way to avoid it against someone that can mblock consistently well. And the case with most high tier duelists they can do it a lot. Sometimes even like three times in one duel. That is ridiculous, you can go from winning to losing and vice versa with one mblock counter.

Also disarms are pretty useful in open, but let’s be real there are so many issues with ping with disarms and people swingblocking and still getting mblocked it’s just asanine.

I’m not trying to take a shit on the skill aspect of it, it’s pretty tough to get used to but once you get the hang of it you start to do it on instinct and it’s pretty easy to do.

Last edited:
@Mara @jewbacca @dillzpicklez @Hessu

Since none of you are gonna read my reserved post that address the fix concerning my original post, let me post the bellow, one of the most interesting thing that come with the help of others

→ ANSWER & FIX: ↓

Now what if above 40/50 or 55% BPs, MBs would cause staggers, and bellow these values, would cause Disarm?

I personally think a good window would be 40 or 45% and that bellow this window, MBs would triggers Disarm instead.

These values are a bit random though, I'd need help from better duelist, or the community, but also from impartial people that won't try to tweak these values at their sole advantage.

Please, add something to this, don’t mind my original post too much.

What do you think? Good, bad? Beter then current disarm? Any suggestions to make it beter?

I need the opinions of beter duelist, like the bunch of you, if we want to find a nice middle ground that would make everyone happy

Last edited: