My Sugestions Toward MB Disarms.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
@Mara @jewbacca @dillzpicklez @Hessu

Since none of you are gonna read my reserved post that address the fix concerning my original post, let me post the bellow, one of the most interesting thing that come with the help of others

→ ANSWER & FIX: ↓

Now what if above 40/50 or 55% BPs, MBs would cause staggers, and bellow these values, would cause Disarm?

I personally think a good window would be 40 or 45% and that bellow this window, MBs would triggers Disarm instead.

These values are a bit random though, I'd need help from better duelist, or the community, but also from impartial people that won't try to tweak these values at their sole advantage.

Please, add something to this, don’t mind my original post too much.

What do you think? Good, bad? Beter then current disarm? Any suggestions to make it beter?

I need the opinions of beter duelist, like the bunch of you, if we want to find a nice middle ground that would make everyone happy
In my opinion just keep it as it is but with pbs

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Just take away disarm and turn it into a decently long stagger and remove the instant mblock counter. I might say just remove it entirely to be honest.

The mblock counter is terrible where it is right now, you cannot avoid it. You probably will say be less predictable, or yaw or whatever.

There’s no way to avoid it against someone that can mblock very good. And in most high tier duelists they can do it a lot. Sometimes even like three times in one duel. That is ridiculous, you can go from winning to losing and vice versa with one mblock counter.

Also disarms are pretty useful in open, but let’s be real there are so many issues with ping with disarms and people swingblocking and still getting mblocked it’s just dumb.

I’m not trying to take a shit on the skill aspect of it, it’s pretty tough to get used to but once you get the hang of it you start to do it on instinct and it’s pretty easy to do.
mb counter is going away and also ping brings much more issues than failing mblocks, so you cant say remove mblocks because of ping issues

disarm as it is now is completely retarded.
in game logic you should be punished for not holding block after swing, but there is no punish for disarm attempt.
like...what?
i also like when im playing with higher ping and game think im not pressing RMB because i do it too quick before start new swing.
as result - disarm. nice.
and no punish when you fail disarm. great gamedesign.

with this duel servers looks like:
"i will turtle to the end of the universe trying to disarm this dude or atleast pb and counter".

as i think (sorry, i did read only begging of your post) - idea with low BP is ok. kinda.
i prefer old BP cost on disarm attempt, since it benefits you with insta kill.

pb+mblock to disarm - dunno. not much difference than now. not hard to become pb nerd.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
in game logic you should be punished for not holding block after swing, but there is no punish for disarm attempt.
like...what?
i also like when im playing with higher ping and game think im not pressing RMB because i do it too quick before start new swing.
and no punish when you fail disarm. great gamedesign.

"i will turtle to the end of the universe trying to disarm this dude or atleast pb and counter".

as i think (sorry, i did read only begging of your post) - idea with low BP is ok. kinda.
i prefer old BP cost on disarm attempt, since it benefits you with insta kill.

pb+mblock to disarm - dunno. not much difference than now. not hard to become pb nerd.
The game punishes you for failed mblock, except on yellow because that is yellows perk

like...what?

As Hessu mentioned, you do get punished for failing an Mblock. The fact that yellow's perk nullifies that punishment should really mean your problem is with the perk.

This is an issue with your ping and not Mblocking, and so shouldn't be used as criticism of the mechanic.

I have to admit this can get a little irritating, but I find that it's largely my own fault if I get Mblocked in a scenario like this. If you've got the opponent on the backfoot and they manage to Mblock counter you, then you're being too predictable with your combos plain and simple. Swingblock or not, MBing from reaction isn't easy unless you're making it easy.

Particularly when you do swingblock, you could also stop this "turtling" from being an issue by simply nerfing or even removing the extra damage that comes with an Mblock counter. There's no real need to remove the mechanic entirely.

@KimmyMarin
Earlier in the thread you said that it should be disabled completely.
Why though? Mblock is literally useless as long as anybody swingblocks, so not only does mblocking require some skill, but it requires you to pb, time it right, and EVEN THEN, the person shouldn't be swingblocking. That's so many things that you have to do that if someone is that predictable and that stupid, you should be able to instantly kill them.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
As Hessu mentioned, you do get punished for failing an Mblock. The fact that yellow's perk nullifies that punishment should really mean your problem is with the perk.

This is an issue with your ping and not Mblocking, and so shouldn't be used as criticism of the mechanic.

I have to admit this can get a little irritating, but I find that it's largely my own fault if I get Mblocked in a scenario like this. If you've got the opponent on the backfoot and they manage to Mblock counter you, then you're being too predictable with your combos plain and simple. Swingblock or not, MBing from reaction isn't easy unless you're making it easy.

Particularly when you do swingblock, you could also stop this "turtling" from being an issue by simply nerfing or even removing the extra damage that comes with an Mblock counter. There's no real need to remove the mechanic entirely.
This.