•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] my server isnt listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this is first time im hosting a server but after alot of research i believe i did everything correctly.
i get no errors in server.bat and ive also set master server to master.moviebattles.com

the server is accessable via IP under favorites and playable (sofar i only tested it myself)

but what must i do in order the server to be listed in serverlist?

thanks in advance

server.jpg

Is "Bishop-PC" computer you're running server on?
Info from Internet is contraducing; some ppl say there's no way to configure this router. Check this page, read carefully:
Which ports must be open für ScreenSharing? | Apple Support Communities

Did you check you firewall? Software like Kasperky Internet Security has a firewall and you have to configure it. Same about Comodo, Agnitum stuff...
Windows has build-in firewall, you must configure it too.

Are you sure your ISP does not have its own NAT? If it does and if they won't open port for you, you will be not able to create your own server, ever.

Do you have some experience with p2p software? Torrents? Did you manage to get active mode for search and download using Direct Connect, or High ID in eMule? Were you able to run your own http-server (Apache, Lighttpd)?
If you did, then perform similar actions for mbii server.

yes bishop-pc is the computer. windows firewall is controlled by ESET. never used torrents or ran http server. ill find out about the NAT, ill read that link and do some more reasearch then ill come back to you

so i could connect to my server under LOCAL and there are really people playing in it but still have no idea how they found my server because its not listed.

ok then as long as i can join it and its listed

last question then i guess im done.
where can i find admin commands? i searched but couldnt find. there are 15 ppl already (everybody left cuz of laming =/)
and i want to prevent people with high ping joining, i guess i do that by altering values in server.cfg right?

thanks for all the help

Last edited:

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
There's a readme included with the download that lists any information a server owner could possibly need.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
ok then as long as i can join it and its listed

last question then i guess im done.
where can i find admin commands? i searched but couldnt find. there are 15 ppl already (everybody left cuz of laming =/)
and i want to prevent people with high ping joining, i guess i do that by altering values in server.cfg right?

thanks for all the help

In your config, you must set a password for SMOD and RCON. To login to your SMOD use "/smod login 1 {password}" To find the list of commands just type /smod in console when logged in. Also, You'll have to set your smod login value to -1 if you want all the commands. (You posted your entire config so anyone that reads this thread can access it. Change immediately)

In your config, you must set a password for SMOD and RCON. To login to your SMOD use "/smod login 1 {password}" To find the list of commands just type /smod in console when logged in. Also, You'll have to set your smod login value to -1 if you want all the commands. (You posted your entire config so anyone that reads this thread can access it. Change immediately)

thanks i did that. everything running perfectly except that i cant see the server under "internet" but no big deal, server is visible

and which are rcon commands and how do i login as rcon? and does it allow me to change values such as "g_allowVote" without changing server.cfg and restarting the server? it isnt included in readme

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm not sure about changing cvars. But the command is something like /rconpassword {password}. Just do /rcon in game and it should tell you how to log in. I only used it for changing to devmap to allow cheats :D

Status
Not open for further replies.