•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] my server isnt listed

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this is first time im hosting a server but after alot of research i believe i did everything correctly.
i get no errors in server.bat and ive also set master server to master.moviebattles.com

the server is accessable via IP under favorites and playable (sofar i only tested it myself)

but what must i do in order the server to be listed in serverlist?

thanks in advance

server.jpg

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Change your serverconfig master server to master.moviebattles.org (I think? It's been a while)
Also might as well do master.jacklul.com

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Noob is correct, you are currently sending heartbeat to the wrong master server. As Noob said it is master.moviebattles.org (You used .com)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
IIRC, hosting a dedicated server won't show the server on the list for you. Is the server up right now, or has anyone else been able to connect to it?

EDIT: I was wrong. Guess I never had my own private server setup properly.

Are your ports forwarded? (Most generic question of all time).

Last edited:
server 3.jpg

4 sent 4 received 0 packet loss

Name: Duel server germany
192.168.2.100:29070

i can join from my pc but have no friends online atm so i cant test it from another connection. could someone check if its accessible?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
192.168.x.x is local, no one would be able to connect to that. Do you have access to your modem or router's control panel (192.168.1.1 should connect to it)? If you don't you'll need to add the inbound and outbound ports to your computer's firewall.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
View attachment 398

4 sent 4 received 0 packet loss

Name: Duel server germany
192.168.2.100:29070

i can join from my pc but have no friends online atm so i cant test it from another connection. could someone check if its accessible?
It's obviously you're behind a router/nat. You must open port (29070 ?) used by mb2 server in order get your server accessible from internet. Google for "port forwarding".
192.168.x.x is local, no one would be able to connect to that. Do you have access to your modem or router's control panel (192.168.1.1 should connect to it)? If you don't you'll need to add the inbound and outbound ports to your computer's firewall.
I don't think firewall will help (through he must set on firewall as well). It's really necessary to have an access to router.
This is your IP: 217.93.29.96 So try to connect via this IP. 192.168. is your local IP.
I can't connect it. TS has to open a port to players and masterservers to be able to connect to.

Last edited:
i guess i missed the most important
now i know about local and public ips and i have acces to the router.
but which one local or dynamic port forwarding? i dont want to compromise security by doing this.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
In most cases it will automatically port the fowards for all clients running on your network, but in some cases it will ask you for your local IP, which you can find by typing ipconfig into a command prompt (it will be your IPv4 IP in most cases).

The only port you should need to forward is 29070, both UDP and TCP connections being allowed.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
i forwarded the ports given in this article
http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/161-creating-a-dedicated-server-home-run-for-windows/

it didnt ask for local ip
29060-29062 29070-29072 ( 29072 set automatically doesnt allow me change to 29081 but idk if its relevant)
in both TCP and UDP

still doesnt work. cant even connect to my public ip from favorites
You want us to use telepathy to help you, do you?
You should provide much more info: what model of router do you have? What settings did you change? Post screenshots.
And don't forget to set up you firewall. You *need* your firewall to allow connection to port 29070.

Last edited:
server4.jpg

router: speedport w 724v its from my provider

i use mbIIserver.bat to launch

.\jampDed +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 29070 +set fs_game mbii +exec server.cfg

.\MBIIServer

server 6.jpg

server.cfg saved under MBII

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Run it and take a screenshot of the dedicated server console so I can compare it to mine.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
View attachment 400
router: speedport w 724v its from my provider

i use mbIIserver.bat to launch

.\jampDed +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 29070 +set fs_game mbii +exec server.cfg

.\MBIIServer

View attachment 401

server.cfg saved under MBII
Is "Bishop-PC" computer you're running server on?
Info from Internet is contraducing; some ppl say there's no way to configure this router. Check this page, read carefully:
Which ports must be open für ScreenSharing? | Apple Support Communities

Did you check you firewall? Software like Kasperky Internet Security has a firewall and you have to configure it. Same about Comodo, Agnitum stuff...
Windows has build-in firewall, you must configure it too.

Are you sure your ISP does not have its own NAT? If it does and if they won't open port for you, you will be not able to create your own server, ever.

Do you have some experience with p2p software? Torrents? Did you manage to get active mode for search and download using Direct Connect, or High ID in eMule? Were you able to run your own http-server (Apache, Lighttpd)?
If you did, then perform similar actions for mbii server.

Last edited:
very strange things happened.

so i inserted a port exception to my firewall/antivirus (eset smart security 8)

after starting server firewall detected ingoing and outgoing communication in port 29070 and i allowed both
(i think either of them was 29062 cant remember should take a screenshot =/)

server7.jpg

anyways i still couldnt find my server but look at this. "donald dump" and "general grevious" are they players who connected to my server?

server8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.