My farewell for now

swagmaster

Model Fixer Dude
Movie Battles II Team
Where do I start with this? I never made an introduction or goodbye in this community until now, so I'll start from the beginning.

My name is swegmaster. I'm a member of the MB2 community who was once a newbie like the rest of you, and eventually became a developer of the mod that manages the model/skin aspect of MB2, along with a few audio aspects related to that aspect. I am also the primary developer of Peneke Pack (since pre-1.8), who worked on the pack under Penekowski's guidance.

I started out as a contributor to Peneke Pack via PMing Penekowski on Steam, beginning with the little skill I had with modding JKA, in the basic sense of editing PK3s and making character soundpacks. I eventually started improving as I learned in March 2017 how to port/rig models for the game. Around/before this time was where I had a bit of beef with a community member named T r i s t a n, and I wasn't very mature back then. I won't go into too much detail about what happened to avoid this thread having too much needless detail, but to put it simply, he was busy hosting a pirated version of Peneke Pack with a few model changes of his own, and private messaging people the pack after his thread hosting it got taken down, I pursued him too far (to JKHub even), and it resulted in me getting some forum warnings and denied for becoming an MB2 team member, which was my first application for the team then.

In 2019 I applied to become a developer, and in due time was approved due to acting considerably more mature and also having a bit more skill with JKA modding since my first app. Since being on the team I've contributed a fair amount of model related changes and additions, and a lot of map music updates (really nice for the people who don't have in-game music on), all of those starting with MBII version 1.6 and onward. With the most recent patch (1.7), I've managed a few more, which includes the new Clone and ARC updates (I didn't make any of the new parts or textures except for RGB'ing a few skins, I only ensured the model was optimized for JKA to ensure the best FPS possible), Obi-Wan from 2003 CW, Scout Trooper (LODs), ported Sith Assassin and Sith Master, among other changes.

Why am I leaving after so long? I can summarize it as this: I'm burnt out after working on most of the model related stuff for 1.7, adding to this I've worked on Peneke Pack on the side, which was a fair bit of work to add the content into for that update. There's also a bit of a division between the MB2 developers and the community for various reasons, be it unfair bannings, bad update changes, behavioral issues or other things, it's demotivating to watch and to be reminded of them each day. I am only a guy who wanted to make sure the community could enjoy some nice model updates, and continue to enjoy a longtime replacement pack (and as of 2020 an addon pack), and I feel like I've done those things well enough now.

Will I be gone forever? Most likely not, I'll probably return to the game at some point, since as the saying goes (or at least how I think it goes), MB2 is like a drug, people who leave it always find a way to come back to it.

Kind Regards, Adios Amigos, See You Around, Goodbye, whichever other ending terminologies exist,
swegmaster

Now that leia boots are fixed his mission on this earth is complete

Cya sweg enjoy ur break from mb2

goOD Byyeee!!! :oops::eek::p:cool::confused::(;):):rolleyes:o_O

😑🤫😏😔😕😎

have a safe trip!!!!! 👩‍🦳👩👶👀👀👀👀🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Where do I start with this? I never made an introduction or goodbye in this community until now, so I'll start from the beginning.

My name is swegmaster. I'm a member of the MB2 community who was once a newbie like the rest of you, and eventually became a developer of the mod that manages the model/skin aspect of MB2, along with a few audio aspects related to that aspect. I am also the primary developer of Peneke Pack (since pre-1.8), who worked on the pack under Penekowski's guidance.

I started out as a contributor to Peneke Pack via PMing Penekowski on Steam, beginning with the little skill I had with modding JKA, in the basic sense of editing PK3s and making character soundpacks. I eventually started improving as I learned in March 2017 how to port/rig models for the game. Around/before this time was where I had a bit of beef with a community member named T r i s t a n, and I wasn't very mature back then. I won't go into too much detail about what happened to avoid this thread having too much needless detail, but to put it simply, he was busy hosting a pirated version of Peneke Pack with a few model changes of his own, and private messaging people the pack after his thread hosting it got taken down, I pursued him too far (to JKHub even), and it resulted in me getting some forum warnings and denied for becoming an MB2 team member, which was my first application for the team then.

In 2019 I applied to become a developer, and in due time was approved due to acting considerably more mature and also having a bit more skill with JKA modding since my first app. Since being on the team I've contributed a fair amount of model related changes and additions, and a lot of map music updates (really nice for the people who don't have in-game music on), all of those starting with MBII version 1.6 and onward. With the most recent patch (1.7), I've managed a few more, which includes the new Clone and ARC updates (I didn't make any of the new parts or textures except for RGB'ing a few skins, I only ensured the model was optimized for JKA to ensure the best FPS possible), Obi-Wan from 2003 CW, Scout Trooper (LODs), ported Sith Assassin and Sith Master, among other changes.

Why am I leaving after so long? I can summarize it as this: I'm burnt out after working on most of the model related stuff for 1.7, adding to this I've worked on Peneke Pack on the side, which was a fair bit of work to add the content into for that update. There's also a bit of a division between the MB2 developers and the community for various reasons, be it unfair bannings, bad update changes, behavioral issues or other things, it's demotivating to watch and to be reminded of them each day. I am only a guy who wanted to make sure the community could enjoy some nice model updates, and continue to enjoy a longtime replacement pack (and as of 2020 an addon pack), and I feel like I've done those things well enough now.

Will I be gone forever? Most likely not, I'll probably return to the game at some point, since as the saying goes (or at least how I think it goes), MB2 is like a drug, people who leave it always find a way to come back to it.

Kind Regards, Adios Amigos, See You Around, Goodbye, whichever other ending terminologies exist,
swegmaster
farewell swecc

cd9051fbc046aeaea92619f888f8c39a.png

Dismissed.

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
What a sudden surprise. I understand how time consuming it can be to put the work into all you have done so far. Highly appreciate your efforts. Although I'm just teasing it at a similar level, but I can definitely see what you mean.

Take care out there! Hopefully see you soon!