MovieBattles II V1.6.1 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.6.1 Update

General
  • Fix: AFK spectator message spam leading to a client command overflow.
  • Fix: g_inactivitySpec will properly move inactive players to spectator again.
  • Fix: Can no longer ignore g_password when private slots are enabled.
  • Fix: Can no longer enter passworded servers with the wrong password.
  • Fix: Should no longer get "invalid client data" error when trying to join servers in certain edge cases.
  • Fix: RTV/RTM python script updated to work with Legends mode.
    • Important note for any servers with RTM enabled: After updating the script you must update your mode priority setting (default is Mode priority: 2 0 2 0 2 1) or the script will throw an error.
Duel Mode
  • Fix: Map music no longer restarts when a private duel ends
  • Fix: Force focus now works in private duels
  • Fix: Players in private duels cannot be killed by the map (i.e. target_kill) and causes a server crash
  • Fix: Players will no longer try back attacks vs each other if one is in a duel and the other isn't
  • Fix: Missing instance of not killing people that are also dueling when separate and intersecting duel ends
Legends Mode
  • New: Mace Windu
  • New: Senator Palpatine's spinning RDFA
  • Change: Flipkick added to Thrawn, Aurra Sing, Boss, Ventress and Chirrut
  • Change: All Jedi/Sith classes have had slight balance changes to their BP/AP multipliers, saber chain speeds and force abilities.
  • Change: Finn's health reduced.
  • Change: Ki-Adi-Mundi replaced by Ahsoka Tano
  • Change: Jango Fett replaced by Cade Bane
  • Change: Grevious now has advanced radar (Miraluka 1), Heavy Melee and Deflect 1
  • Change: Rune Haako now has Miraluka, upgraded blaster
  • Change: Sidious changed to Senate skin to match new RDFA
    • Now has Force Focus level 3, Grip level 3, no BP drain on jump
  • Change: Nihilus given less hp but more damage reduction
  • Change: Malak and Visas given Team heal 1, Rey and Kylo given Team heal 2
  • Change: General Veers given disguise 3 and T-21
  • Change: Phasma given more damage reduction
  • Change: Hondo given Miraluka and more nades
  • Change: R2-D2 given flamethrower, nerfed shield regen
  • Change: Ewok reworked slightly, removed 1 stone
  • Change: Chewie given slight damage reduction
  • Change: Baze given higher rate of fire and gunbash
  • Change: Qui-gon and Nihilus given Force Energize
  • Change: Padme given damage reduction
  • Change: Reinforcement classes given more health / abilities.
  • Change: Q3 removed from Obi-Wan, given to Mace Windu
  • Change: Slight buff to Yoda's health and force attributes.
  • Change: Jar Jar's health reduced, removed some nades.
  • Change: Rosh now has a very unique taunting ability.
  • Change: Repulse added to Luke and Ventress
  • Change: Dash given to Palpatine, Dooku and Ventress
  • Change: Veers and Hera can now regen allies armor
  • Change: C3PO and Veers now have ammo dispensers
  • Fix: Descriptions have been edited to fix most discrepancies
Gameplay
  • New: Players will no longer deal damage if they have been removed from the round through /kill, changing teams, changing classes, going to spec, or being executed by having too many TK points.
  • Change: EE3 snipe mode: - Base damage raised from 60 to 65
    • Time between shots lowered from 900ms to 750ms
    • Ammo drain on snipes is now a proper 1/3 of the current clip (26 -> 25)
    • Additional 1.15x head shot multiplier
  • Change: PB zones adjustments for top diagonals and vertical swings. Bottom bound lowered to about half the distance from current edge to the model's shoulders.
  • Change / Fix: New Super Battle Droid
    • SBD slap animation adjusted to resemble old version in speed and swing arc.
    • Added animations for hacking, using buttons, falling, and Tauntaun riding (idle-only). This also prevents firing rapidly while hacking.
    • SBD no longer has ragdoll (broadsword) checks to prevent crashes with the new model/animations.
    • Advanced Radar no longer free / always available even without setting points.
  • Fix: Lightning no longer has its damage randomized. This results in 2H melee lightning doing its proper 2x damage consistently.
  • Fix: Lightning no longer has inconsistencies in its damage when affecting multiple targets.
  • Fix: Deflect properly pauses FP regen again
  • Fix: Knockback below 45 is set to 45. Knockback at 45-60 is always 60. Knockback vs crouching/jumping targets is increased by 10 (stacks with the previous modifications). This only affects Saber wielding players.
  • Fix: All combinations of single saber styles can now be picked again.
  • Fix: Sith can no longer pick up weapons.
  • Fix: Using melee blocks with Dexterity 3 no longer allows for instantly exiting knockdown/rolling animations
  • Fix: Saberists can once again hit targets while riding Tauntauns and other vehicles.
  • Fix: Lunarbase window once again assigns ownership of kills to the one who breaks it.
Full Authentic
  • New: The Movie Battles Wiki has been updated to help assist curious FA/map makers:
  • New: Can now override special2 melee moves for saberists with the "slapAnim" entry in .sab files (usually prefixed with BOTH_)
  • Change: Force Protect revamped/bug fixed for Movie Battles
    • Always lose FP equal to 25% of damage taken
    • Level 1
      • Max damage possible: 50% of max health
      • Reduces health damage taken by 25%
    • Level 2
      • Max damage possible: 33% of max health
      • Reduces health damage taken by 50%
    • Level 3
      • Max damage possible: 25% of max health
      • Reduces health damage taken by 75%
  • Change: Imperial reinforcements on Citadel FA given HP buff and K2S0 HP nerfed.
  • Fix: Set force focus attribute on over three hundred FA characters where it was not present (focus is no longer implicit to MB_CLASS_JEDI).
  • Fix: Properly set force block on some characters that were missed in conversion to attributes last update.
  • Fix: Sense was not set properly on a few aliens from the MGM's Aliens FA.
User Interface
  • New: Added ragdoll (broadsword setting) toggle to visual options.
  • Change: Added warning to Max FPS about the uncapped setting and added com_maxfps 125 to list of cvars set when using the recommended network options button.
  • Change: Added Legends mode and g_siegeTeam1/2 settings to create game menu.
  • Change: Adjusted password prompt background to make text entry area easier to distinguish.
  • Fix: Password prompt not appearing from server list when using Join button instead of double clicking.
  • Fix: Added missing mb2_yavinassault_veh to arena list in create game menu.
  • Fix: Password setting fields now editable in create game menu.
  • Fix: Blue team lock icon for auto balance should now be positioned properly.
  • Fix: Added missing server list icon for Legends (same as FA for now).
  • Fix: Removed duplicate class template entry with no name always present at the end of the template list.
  • Fix: Removed outOfBoundsClick from class config menus to prevent one common cause of join bugs (clicking outside the menu would close it without applying points, which was easy to do accidentally if the Apply button was missed).
Maps
  • New / Change: mb2_dotf_classicb
    • Based on v1.3 Duel of the Fates with balcony route.
    • Most of forcefield corridor and the generator pit have been clipped off to prevent time wasting.
  • Change / Fix: mb2_citadel
    • Removed required hack in the cargo conveyor area (now only the two in the gen area are required to open the vault).
    • Altered map to improve performance with many players.
    • Adjusted target_location entities to reduce gamestate usage.
    • Added hack on Rebel's side door out of spawn for Imperials to break in order to reach their spawn.
Models
  • Change: Rey's Episode 9 hilt texture updated again for authenticity.
  • Change: Spoiler Episode 9 staff hilt adjusted to be more movie accurate.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
-GameData
RTVRTM.zip
-MBII
03_MovieGameMappack.pk3
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_pb_assets2.pk3
mb2_scarif.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
z_MB_BaseAssets.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited:

Fang

Donator
^no more buffs to this trash all in my path class

ee3 still meh tier, im not enjoying my main anymore.

guess its time to become a jedi main and destroy all in my path

using charged westars like former ee3 with wrist laser for drains is KINDA similar in playstyle, and more viable rn at least

def more fun than playing jedi in open imo

bruh if you cant shoot a jedi with 0 saber def i have some bad news for you
using charged westars like former ee3 with wrist laser for drains is KINDA similar in playstyle, and more viable rn at least

def more fun than playing jedi in open imo
can confirm, westars with wrist laser are good as fuck

Ok so I've played enough to be able to have an informed opinion on the "fixed" knockback and sadly I have to say it's absolutely awful in its current state. It's completely unreliable while using e11, 95% of the time it either doesn't trigger at all or the knockback distance is so low that you get sliced anyway. Very bad mechanic and this is what flinch was removed for? Why? Flinch worked very well, it was almost completely reliable, almost always worked and you could aim your way out of a 1v1 with a jedi if you were a good player. Current knockback is total shit. If you wanna stick to this mechanic you're gonna need to test it further, micromanage the threshold and knockback values for specific guns (because for t21 for instance it works almost acceptably well) or instead you could just revert back to a good feature that accomplished the same thing much more elegantly and effectively in flinch. Very dissapointed in this hotfix, it was pretty hot but it fixed NOTHING

I am really flabbergasted that this was deemed acceptable in whatever beta testing went on behind the scenes, it actually makes me even more scared for the future of mb2 that one day this appeared instead of flinch in the beta build and everyone decided that it was much better.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I have been inactive for about a year coming back only now so my opinion may be off, but i believe the aim of our recent patches were large features such as tutorials and code refactoring while gameplay tweaks were only done on the side in order to try improving a few things without heavy commitment or polishing; and we are slowly getting into the phase were that will be done.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I am really flabbergasted that this was deemed acceptable in whatever beta testing went on behind the scenes, it actually makes me even more scared for the future of mb2 that one day this appeared instead of flinch in the beta build and everyone decided that it was much better.

Like stassin I have also been inactive for a long time but about a year ago give or take, there was some testing involving knockback that felt good. The thing that people seem to have missed was that during those few tests, we had much higher fp drain values and also higher regen. I believe oldben provided something like the RC1 values, which, coupled with knockback, felt very good because it was a high risk high reward environment. There was also no damage reduction, so jedi either took a lot of hp damage risking an attack, or they were susceptible to big chunky fp drains in close quarters where it's hard to dodge for regen ticks.

This is the trouble with some of the dev process where they misunderstand why something works and then implements things piecemeal. The same issue has persisted for many years in saber development where mechanics are dependant on other mechanics to be good. For example, nudge in 1.4 coupled with PB draining ACM. Whilst not perfect, those two things worked together. Nudge helped bypass PB, and PB helped nullify hit and run ACM whoring. In addition, there was the fast PB counters. Those worked well with nudge to help start off the fighting, but after nudge was removed it quickly became apparent to others that PB counters were stifling combat and making it very hard to start attacking, thus leading to passive styles where if you wanted to win, you would not attack first at all.

So, I think devs need to consider how things work together when implementing changes. In this case, knockback worked in beta because we had different FP drain/regen values that were more suited for it. As stassin said this 1.6 stuff was mostly backend and features etc. I am hoping that from now on we can get proper gameplay tweaking patches.

D

Deleted member 5140

I´m rly okay with 1.6. You can get used to it very fast and some of the biggest annoying problems got fixed.

But there is one problem with the projectile rifle. It was since i started playing years ago. Idk why, but sometimes the projectile rifle doesent shoot directly when i hit the button. Maybe it´s cuz of the way ammo get drained. By the projectile rifle you only got 1 ammo in clip, but in BaseJA or on MBII some shots cost 2 ammo. Maybe thats why the projectile rifle is kinda jamming. Maybe let it load 2 ammo per 1 shot and double the ammo you start with at the next update.

And that you can´t join same team again after newround or class don´t change at Open-mode you should know anyway. Cuz the whole Community seems to flame hard about this.
It seems typing "/reconnect" into console solve most of the problems for now. So try this.
[Repost]

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I´m rly okay with 1.6. You can get used to it very fast and some of the biggest annoying problems got fixed.

But there is one problem with the projectile rifle. It was since i started playing years ago. Idk why, but sometimes the projectile rifle doesent shoot directly when i hit the button. Maybe it´s cuz of the way ammo get drained. By the projectile rifle you only got 1 ammo in clip, but in BaseJA or on MBII some shots cost 2 ammo. Maybe thats why the projectile rifle is kinda jamming. Maybe let it load 2 ammo per 1 shot and double the ammo you start with at the next update.

And that you can´t join same team again after newround or class don´t change at Open-mode you should know anyway. Cuz the whole Community seems to flame hard about this.
It seems typing "/reconnect" into console solve most of the problems for now. So try this.
[Repost]
Happens occasionally, the way I get round it is I hold down RMB instead of tapping & I've never ran into it since.
This is there for a reason. It prevents insta sniping when scoping in.

Fang

Donator
bruh if you cant shoot a jedi with 0 saber def i have some bad news for you

can confirm, westars with wrist laser are good as fuck

So I have to walk and take shots? Or Run and dodge more at this risk of being /bind w push?

So I have to walk and take shots? Or Run and dodge more at this risk of being /bind w push?
woah dude you can't just call out jedi for being easy mode, don't you know they're upper class citizens? do you wanna get force pushed, bro?

no, you aim at them and click them with your gun and they'll go down in a seconds with no means of defending themselves
I'm not surprised you think jedi are op if you can't even shoot a jedi with 0 means of defending himself

ok so i tested for a bit
the knockback on m5 westar literally doesn't exist
This is pretty much happening for all weapons, knockback pretty much does not exist. As mentioned earlier in the thread I think it's absolutely stupid that flinch was removed for this. Gunner's have always gotten the short end of the stick in this game but this is just too far bring back flinch.

Last edited:

Fang

Donator
DR probably unintentionally affects intended knockback. Realistically DR needs to be a separate entity, reduced, removed or made a buyable perk to hinder other aspects of jedi/sith gameplay with their already viable options. Seconds only to hero ludicrious load-outs

D

Deleted member 5140

This is there for a reason. It prevents insta sniping when scoping in.
But there is a better solution for this. Just make the time higher till a shot can get fired when scoping in and don´t make it work by coincidence.