MovieBattles II V1.6.1.2 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.6.1.2 Update

General
  • Fix: PB indicator should now behave as intended based on being set to on or off.
  • Fix: Body hit indicators should now show up for spectators.
  • Fix: Dex 3 once again allows for canceling the forward Special 2 roll with melee blocking
  • Fix: Adjustments to some of the changes to muzzlepoint code that may be tied to the issues with aiming/crosshairs should no longer be applying.
  • Fix: Sith can no longer use Speed in Open
  • Fix: Some outlier cases with Speed, Sense, and Deadly Sight's FP drain ticks not working as intended
  • Fix: Soldiers should no longer play SBD animations after rallying
  • New: Smod commands are now logged including the command used, which player the command was used on, and the player's IP.
  • Fix: Cyan uses the correct blocking animations again.
  • Fix: Hitscan pistols now use the same damage calculations as non-hitscan pistols.
  • Fix: Several major join bugs should now be fixed.
  • Fix: Mute time is now properly stored and calculated across map changes.
  • Fix: Tutorials will now always change level regardless of g_AllowEntity_target_level_change setting.

Gameplay
  • Change: FP Drains:
    • Reference Values for IDR/distance (old):
      • Long range: 501+
      • Medium range: 206-500
      • Close range: 205 or lower
    • Reference Values for IDR/distance (new):
      • Long range: 376+
      • Medium range: 161-375
      • Close range: 160 or lower
    • With the above new long range values and drain adjustments below, FP drains will start higher and do more while saberists are farther away compared to current play.
    • Overall, the increase will be around 3-6FP per shot at all ranges on most weapons.
    • Individual changes:
      • Saberist blocking a shot while swingblocking with Defense less than level 3: Increased from 1.5x to 2.0x
      • Differences in drain multipliers based on combination of distance, blocking/not blocking, and weapon (which still have their own multipliers) simplified to: 0.65x while blocking, 0.95x while not blocking.
      • Any shot past medium range is capped at 40 FP regardless of blocking or not.
      • Any shot within medium range or closer is capped as follows:
        • If Blocking:
          • Defense 2 or higher: 50 FP
          • Defense 1: 80 FP
  • Change: Normalized Knockback reworked.
    • Knockback now depends on how close a saberist is vs the bounds Close range. Added knockback will be higher the further in the target is and vice versa.
    • Now applies vs swingblock as well.
    • Does not apply to saberists midair.
  • New: If a saberist has FP that's less than a shot required to block while hit during a swing (taking health damage), the swing will be canceled without a block anim (no half swings/counter swings afterward). This has no distance limitation.

Full Authentic
  • Fix: CFL_BUBBLESHIELD no longer remains active after a player is dead.
Legends

Continued small tweaks have been made to most characters in attempts to balance gameplay for competitive matches. This will be an ongoing process.
  • Fix / Change: Many effects and sounds for guns have been removed or merged in attempts to avoid server crashes due to maxconfig strings. Unfortunately large FAs like Legends or PowerBattles reach this limit quickly and due to engine limits, the server crashes. This hotfix may help remedy how often these Legends crashes occur.
  • Fix: Bug where Ventress was not showing up in class selection.
User Interface
  • Change: Added cl_maxping as a filter option within the server list.
Models
  • New: Added two new Episode 9 Hilts.
  • New: Added Maul Clone Wars Season 7 Hilt
  • New: Added Asajj Ventress Clone Wars Season 7 Hilt.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
MBII-
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This is going to be highly interesting. Wonder if I can still manage defense 1 builds or will those days be long gone now

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@SnowBlind
Et gave quite many chances to push & pull there not to mention other powers to use such as speed or mt. Instead of zig zag jedi could have used 25 fp to speed and leap with jump3 to close the gap.

Yes this person was acting predictable to test drains, another round was done and while the jedi evaded quite a few shots, the knock back was ridiculous. The gunner could basically stand still and the jedi would not be able to get close. The overall point is knock back does not work at either end of the spectrum.

Gameplay

• Saberist blocking a shot while swingblocking with Defense less than level 3: Increased from 1.5x to 2.0x
    • Differences in drain multipliers based on combination of distance, blocking/not blocking, and weapon (which still have their own multipliers) simplified to: 0.65x while blocking, 0.95x while not blocking.
    • Any shot past medium range is capped at 40 FP regardless of blocking or not.
    • Any shot within medium range or closer is capped as follows:
      • If Blocking:
        • Defense 2 or higher: 50 FP
        • Defense 1: 80 FP
  • Change: Normalized Knockback reworked.
    • Knockback now depends on how close a saberist is vs the bounds Close range. Added knockback will be higher the further in the target is and vice versa.
    • Now applies vs swingblock as well.
    • Does not apply to saberists midair.
  • New: If a saberist has FP that's less than a shot required to block while hit during a swing (taking health damage), the swing will be canceled without a block anim (no half swings/counter swings afterward). This has no distance limitation.

Nice, so I take it you fixed what wasn't broke (since anecdotally the knockback worked well against normally walking saberists from my experience - I'm pretty sure neither Moo nor Ark would get to complain a single time that I was able to just saber them as they Dex3 recovered since I get knockedback about two sabers reach worth of range) but you decided not to fix what was broken - which was doing random bunnyhops that tend to vacuum both knockback and fp draining shots into void of nothingness by default and instead made sure they will not do that only sometimes but rather always?

The fp drains were already on the edge of being unbearable for 1v1 situations in the open and they were already slightly unreasonable for any situations where you are getting "ACCURATELY" shot at by 2 or more people if you didn't have insanely favorable terrain. I'm glad we now decided to relegate saberists into even more passive pushbots that have to camp behind the corner. Not even in front of the corner since you will either get le blobbed or poison darted for the pinnacle of interactive experience.

Trying to saber somebody that can actually aim, without any funny stuff going on due to ping/fps (by the way, I'm almost certain you reload twice as slow if you for example cap your fps at 20 so I wouldn't be surprised if there are more arcane interactions like having faster ROF with lower ping/jitter) was already fringing on being nigh impossible besides random instaswings off passive deflect. I suppose if that was the goal, that you can't kill a gunner without hitting off a force power (or doing randomly precise bunnyhop that doesn't get correctly processed serverside) then sure, I guess, whatever.

Yes this person was acting predictable to test drains, another round was done and while the jedi evaded quite a few shots, the knock back was ridiculous. The gunner could basically stand still and the jedi would not be able to get close. The overall point is knock back does not work at either end of the spectrum.

we tested it for many hours in beta and ive been playing for 2-3 hours now on public and what you're saying is just wrong. it feels pretty much 50/50 against equally skilled players. if you hit your shots you win the 1v1, if you miss or fuck up your movement you die or get pushed. i don't know how you're testing it but if you play on public or spectate a public server you can very easily see that jedi are not getting stomped at all, if anything they're still quite strong 1v1 depending on the situation/map. 1v1s in main corridor dotf can only tell you so much, especially since as you say your friend was playing badly on purpose and not using force powers which i think you'll agree kinda defeats the purpose

Kitho

Donator
I tested this on a public server as well and I actually enjoyed playing Jedi/Sith for the first time in a long while.
Before the change they were crazy overpowered and now you have to actually play smart.

It was fun killing that scrub Qwerty, he had no excuses for losing as a gunner this time. =)

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
What I do agree with @olor now is that some hard jedi counters should be nerfed. One of these things are the poison dart. They had their purpose when jedi were uber strong but now couple bhs can tame the jedi ez AND snipe gunners long range (I mean they almost did this before but I bet they can do this now no problem). Bhs simply have too much everything in their disposal now. Right now the class that can do the most of advancing into enemy lines get rekt too easily by hard counters

Last edited:

Kitho

Donator
Let's not forget about clones that can easily destroy Sith. Blob,..dead.
But I also agree with poison being ridiculous.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but
Knockback now depends on how close a saberist is vs the bounds Close range. Added knockback will be higher the further in the target is and vice versa.
Does this mean that the closer the gunner and the jedi are, the smaller the knockback will be? Why? Wouldn't it be logical to do the opposite? Or is this some kind of a punishment for a gunner who let the jedi come close?

YOU GUYS ARE... INTERESTING. TO SAY THE LEAST. (BETA TESTERS / DEVS)

Let me say this. I understand the Jedi is OP thing. Jedi was slightly OP. I agree. I love Jedi/Sith, and I think they had a slight advantage yes. The only major advantage were against new players, but that goes across the entire board. In general, slighty OP.

Now, I gotta say this. With these FP Drains, I'm not going to moan as one might expect (because as many know, i prefer - and actually only find enjoyable - the Jedi and Sith classes) but I'm going to point out what should be obvious, and that pisses me off to a T.

ARC. Here you have a class that can dodge a slash, a grenade, a push - you just name it, boy - for as many as up to five times before having to regain some blue dexterity (at which point said class is one mile away from whatever danger he was finding himself in, and the Jedi/sith probably at this point at 10 fp from the previous build) - and you KEEP THIS CLASS THE SAME. The Arc Rifle and Clone Trooper Rifle have insane accuracy combined with FP drains from another world. Now, they are not only x10 times more powerful than they were - they are also pretty much the most overpowered class in the entire freaking build, and i just feel sorry for all new Jedi or Sith players that will encounter a medicore or a veteran player with this class at his disposal.

This is the perfect example of "if ten veterans" moan about FP drain, you just HANDLE the PROBLEM of whatever is being REPORTED by a GROUP of players, and then DON'T look at the FACTORS around it.

By doing these changes, you have also made Jedi a far more superior class to Sith. Jedi already has speed, but now they also have the TWO MOST FP-draining and straight through powerful classes in the entire build: ARCs and Clone Troopers. Clone Troopers, who already have far too much armor and Blobs for the price at which they cost, now are even more signifantly hurtful against a Sith. One blob in the span of a two-life cyclus is ALL YOU NEED to instantly penetrate and rape a Sith from his buttocks and up through his mouthhole, and a Clone has fucking eight of them in the span of two lifes.

This is just... incredibly bad.

Not only did you not balance the game, you just made Rebel Team a MUCH more powerful and fun team to play in than what it already is. The only thing IMPS got for them now is maps. Nothing else. In fact, defending on most maps is now increasinly harder as the FP drains from far across are much more significant - making the defending job of a good Sith a lot harder.

Let's all play on the Rebel team like never before! Cheers!

ALSO, on a GENERAL note:

Nerfing Mandalorians as you did the previous build (i don't care about the slight increase from the last bugfix update) also has made Imperial Side are far less superior side, no matter the map.

REBELS have OP Clone Troopers, OP ARCs, OP Jedi, and then the rest is the same as the IMPS. What do IMPS have now? Deka? Not rly, only good on certain maps from a very few key players. SBDs? Pretty much the same. And now without a Sith to properly defend them or push for them? Oh man. And Mandalorians? Eight snipes on a Wookie to kill them? Or three on a hero with dodge and dash? Or THREE on a CLONE with TWO lifes? Just... fucking hell. I can't believe this... Oh man.

Last edited:
What do IMPS have now? Deka? Not rly, only good on certain maps from a very few key players. SBDs? Pretty much the same. And now without a Sith to properly defend them or push for them? Oh man. And Mandalorians? Eight snipes on a Wookie to kill them? Or three on a hero with dodge and dash? Or THREE on a CLONE with TWO lifes? Just... fucking hell. I can't believe this... Oh man.

What world do you live in where SBDs are only situtationally good

and Dekas are good on any map that has a corridor, and shocker, this is a Quake 3 engine game, there's a fucking lot of corridors

What world do you live in where SBDs are only situtationally good

and Dekas are good on any map that has a corridor, and shocker, this is a Quake 3 engine game, there's a fucking lot of corridors
So SBDs are good because of corners and a Quake 3 engine? But Clones and Arc's are not? With two Clones shooting and/or an Arc jumping, and a potential three sith retreating because their FP is at 10 after two seconds of pushing nades and trying to defend, SBDs are fodder. My point is - SBDs are a waste of effort if you don't have nades pushed and/or clones killed.

Give me a break. You're missing my point on purpose to further an irrelevant discussion.

The point is that the Imperial side of the game is far less destructive than the Rebel side of the game, and that is now a complete and utter fact. It doesn't matter if SBD is good in a 1v1 situation when Clones and Arc are insanely OP in whatever situation, whether or not there is a corridor to hide behind.

Last edited:

Gameplay

Rip dual spammers.

So SBDs are good because of corners and a Quake 3 engine? But Clones and Arc's are not? With two Clones shooting and/or an Arc jumping, and a potential three sith retreating because their FP is at 10 after two seconds of pushing nades and trying to defend, SBDs are fodder. My point is - SBDs are a waste of effort if you don't have nades pushed and/or clones killed.

Give me a break. You're missing my point on purpose to further an irrelevant discussion.

The point is that the Imperial side of the game is far less destructive than the Rebel side of the game, and that is now a complete and utter fact. It doesn't matter if SBD is good in a 1v1 situation when Clones and Arc are insanely OP in whatever situation, whether or not there is a corridor to hide behind.

you can fill in that blank with any class lmao

any class isn't great in a 2 on 1 or 3 on 1 or if they're under lot of det coverage solo, your point is being missed because it sucks, and so does your discussion