MovieBattles II V1.6.1.2 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.6.1.2 Update

General
  • Fix: PB indicator should now behave as intended based on being set to on or off.
  • Fix: Body hit indicators should now show up for spectators.
  • Fix: Dex 3 once again allows for canceling the forward Special 2 roll with melee blocking
  • Fix: Adjustments to some of the changes to muzzlepoint code that may be tied to the issues with aiming/crosshairs should no longer be applying.
  • Fix: Sith can no longer use Speed in Open
  • Fix: Some outlier cases with Speed, Sense, and Deadly Sight's FP drain ticks not working as intended
  • Fix: Soldiers should no longer play SBD animations after rallying
  • New: Smod commands are now logged including the command used, which player the command was used on, and the player's IP.
  • Fix: Cyan uses the correct blocking animations again.
  • Fix: Hitscan pistols now use the same damage calculations as non-hitscan pistols.
  • Fix: Several major join bugs should now be fixed.
  • Fix: Mute time is now properly stored and calculated across map changes.
  • Fix: Tutorials will now always change level regardless of g_AllowEntity_target_level_change setting.

Gameplay
  • Change: FP Drains:
    • Reference Values for IDR/distance (old):
      • Long range: 501+
      • Medium range: 206-500
      • Close range: 205 or lower
    • Reference Values for IDR/distance (new):
      • Long range: 376+
      • Medium range: 161-375
      • Close range: 160 or lower
    • With the above new long range values and drain adjustments below, FP drains will start higher and do more while saberists are farther away compared to current play.
    • Overall, the increase will be around 3-6FP per shot at all ranges on most weapons.
    • Individual changes:
      • Saberist blocking a shot while swingblocking with Defense less than level 3: Increased from 1.5x to 2.0x
      • Differences in drain multipliers based on combination of distance, blocking/not blocking, and weapon (which still have their own multipliers) simplified to: 0.65x while blocking, 0.95x while not blocking.
      • Any shot past medium range is capped at 40 FP regardless of blocking or not.
      • Any shot within medium range or closer is capped as follows:
        • If Blocking:
          • Defense 2 or higher: 50 FP
          • Defense 1: 80 FP
  • Change: Normalized Knockback reworked.
    • Knockback now depends on how close a saberist is vs the bounds Close range. Added knockback will be higher the further in the target is and vice versa.
    • Now applies vs swingblock as well.
    • Does not apply to saberists midair.
  • New: If a saberist has FP that's less than a shot required to block while hit during a swing (taking health damage), the swing will be canceled without a block anim (no half swings/counter swings afterward). This has no distance limitation.

Full Authentic
  • Fix: CFL_BUBBLESHIELD no longer remains active after a player is dead.
Legends

Continued small tweaks have been made to most characters in attempts to balance gameplay for competitive matches. This will be an ongoing process.
  • Fix / Change: Many effects and sounds for guns have been removed or merged in attempts to avoid server crashes due to maxconfig strings. Unfortunately large FAs like Legends or PowerBattles reach this limit quickly and due to engine limits, the server crashes. This hotfix may help remedy how often these Legends crashes occur.
  • Fix: Bug where Ventress was not showing up in class selection.
User Interface
  • Change: Added cl_maxping as a filter option within the server list.
Models
  • New: Added two new Episode 9 Hilts.
  • New: Added Maul Clone Wars Season 7 Hilt
  • New: Added Asajj Ventress Clone Wars Season 7 Hilt.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
MBII-
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

Last edited by a moderator:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I played a little last night. Went in without any expectations. Knockback felt awkward at first and I was surprised at how powerful it was. After adjusting, I think knockback is alright. The main thing that I liked was the drains. They felt much better to me both as a gunner and as a jedi. I was honestly expecting jedi/sith to be super weak from all the moaning on the forums, but I slaughtered them like animals as usual. I think it's much better now because with enough skill on either side, you can do well. Skill is no longer flat with a slight bump, but is more gradual like a slope. Still need to test more, but I would say this is a damn good start. Also, m5 needs to be looked at. Only thing that felt really fucking OP was its drains compared to the other guns.

1. If you block, and two snipers shoot at the same time, you will die due to FP drain.

2. M5 can drain 100 fp in about eight-twelve hits. With the speed of the gun into account, that's about two seconds at most. 1v1 you have almost at all times no chance if the person has dexterity 3 and is in a slightly to very open space. With a Jedi by his side, you're fodder.

3. ARC and clone fire drain 100 fp in about 1-2 seconds up close. Tested defending my teammates in main on DOTF - both classic and new, Lunarbase and Deathstar.

4. Two clones shooting at you up close will drain 100 fp in about two seconds.

5. One blob/secondary nade hit with more than one gunner nearby will instantly drain close to all your fp. I re-iterate that clones still have TWO lifes and a combined eight blobs.

6. Jedi/Sith are more likely to play solo / not teamwork now more than ever, due to the immense FP drain up close. I've noticed teammates and myself doing this way more frequently now.

7. If you get projectile sniped whilst running or blocking, and one or more gunners are in a somewhat close proximity, you have about 1 second to hide before your FP is down to 0. Example: You hold a position in main on DOTF, a sniper snipes at you, and therefore a nearby clone or ARC starts shooting at you. At this point, you are at about 30-40 fp. With now the OP clones or ARC fireing at you, you are down to 0 in a matter of a second. Making the defending job of a Sith very, very hard.

8. With the current FP drain, SBDs cortosis should not be able to survive eight saber slashes on full HP. The FP drain is too immense. Either go back to saber-off and a potential three slashes on full HP, or nerf it down to four slashes.

I would have to say the main concern at this moment from this alteration, is that you are way more likely to survive a round - or at least to the end of it - if you don't teamwork and rather stay far, far back. Ninja kills and camping has never been more effecient.

Just some first thoughts.

I do have to say though, that as long as I don't teamwork too much - I still play Jedi/Sith with close to the same ease as before and can still land a lot of kills. If i try to teamwork as a SITH, i'm literally dead no matter what i try to do because there are clones and ARCs and nades all around on populated servers and your FP goes down in an instant. Here is the BIG difference: Last build, if you get blobbed or sec naded, you'd have about 40-50 fp left and about 40-60 HP (if you do a quick get-up of course). This build, you usually have 0 fp left and 10 hp at most. Most likely dead.

I think to BALANCE things out:

- Clones can still have two lifes, but only two blobs per life. This makes a total of four on a two-life cyclus. Think of blobs as nades - you give Heroes a maximum of three, because they're so powerful. But here you give Clones eight of them. It doesn't make sense, and especially not now with this immense FP drain.

- ARC M5 Rifle needs to be nerfed THE FUCK DOWN. Simple as. And even the amount of snipes before a reload... Just wow.

- Projectile Rifle should do 10-15 less FP drain now with the new FP "balance".

I think this would fix the current inbalance. Thank you! :)

Also, Qwerty and Sev, good replies and I agree with a couple of the counter arguements :)

Last edited:

Kitho

Donator
1. If you block, and two snipers shoot at the same time, you will die due to FP drain.

2. M5 can drain 100 fp in about eight-twelve hits. With the speed of the gun into account, that's about two seconds at most. 1v1 you have almost at all times no chance if the person has dexterity 3 and is in a slightly to very open space. With a Jedi by his side, you're fodder.

3. ARC and clone fire drain 100 fp in about 1-2 seconds up close. Tested defending my teammates in main on DOTF - both classic and new, Lunarbase and Deathstar.

4. Two clones shooting at you up close will drain 100 fp in about two seconds.

5. One blob/secondary nade hit with more than one gunner nearby will instantly drain close to all your fp. I re-iterate that clones still have TWO lifes and a combined eight blobs.

6. Jedi/Sith are more likely to play solo / not teamwork now more than ever, due to the immense FP drain up close. I've noticed teammates and myself doing this way more frequently now.

7. If you get projectile sniped whilst running or blocking, and one or more gunners are in a somewhat close proximity, you have about 1 second to hide before your FP is down to 0. Example: You hold a position in main on DOTF, a sniper snipes at you, and therefore a nearby clone or ARC starts shooting at you. At this point, you are at about 30-40 fp. With now the OP clones or ARC fireing at you, you are down to 0 in a matter of a second. Making the defending job of a Sith very, very hard.

8. With the current FP drain, SBDs cortosis should not be able to survive eight saber slashes on full HP. The FP drain is too immense. Either go back to saber-off and a potential three slashes on full HP, or nerf it down to four slashes.

I would have to say the main concern at this moment from this alteration, is that you are way more likely to survive a round - or at least to the end of it - if you don't teamwork and rather stay far, far back. Ninja kills and camping has never been more effecient.

Just some first thoughts.

I do have to say though, that as long as I don't teamwork too much - I still play Jedi/Sith with close to the same ease as before and can still land a lot of kills. If i try to teamwork as a SITH, i'm literally dead no matter what i try to do because there are clones and ARCs and nades all around on populated servers and your FP goes down in an instant. Here is the BIG difference: Last build, if you get blobbed or sec naded, you'd have about 40-50 fp left and about 40-60 HP (if you do a quick get-up of course). This build, you usually have 0 fp left and 10 hp at most. Most likely dead.

I think to BALANCE things out:

- Clones can still have two lifes, but only two blobs per life. This makes a total of four on a two-life cyclus. Think of blobs as nades - you give Heroes a maximum of three, because they're so powerful. But here you give Clones eight of them. It doesn't make sense, and especially not now with this immense FP drain.

- ARC M5 Rifle needs to be nerfed THE FUCK DOWN. Simple as. And even the amount of snipes before a reload... Just wow.

- Projectile Rifle should do 10-15 less FP drain now with the new FP "balance".

I think this would fix the current inbalance. Thank you! :)

Also, Qwerty and Sev, good replies and I agree with a couple of the counter arguements :)

I am pretty sure that you are making some of those numbers up on the fly. Can you please 'scientificly' proof them.
Otherwise some people will actually believe those extreme exaggerations.

I fully agree with you though that blobs are an issue atm.

"two clones shooting at you up close"
"one secondary det with more than one gunner up close"
"getting sniped while running"

these are, infact, all scenarios in which you SHOULD be screwed, as they all involve either multiple people converging on you to stomp the shit out of you, or just the player being like "lol whatever i am a jedi i can do what I want"

"two clones shooting at you up close"
"one secondary det with more than one gunner up close"
"getting sniped while running"

these are, infact, all scenarios in which you SHOULD be screwed, as they all involve either multiple people converging on you to stomp the shit out of you, or just the player being like "lol whatever i am a jedi i can do what I want"

or it's just good footwork and its not like he didnt get hit,he went from 100 to less than 30 by the end of the encounter,but i guess u just want jedi/sith to stand there and take 1 shot to kill
use my wisdom.jpg

Kitho

Donator
There is no reason to argue about something that most likely didn't even happen.
I suggest basing your criticism on actually recorded footage and not on some pseudo statements.

I don't think anyone on the development team is interested to turn Jedi\Sith into total weaklings.
Yet a jedi or sith is not supposed to beat gunners while outnumbered, unless they get outplayed.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Most of the gripes I see in here are either about hard counters or other classes feeling too weak/strong and asking why they didn't get adjusted. Mace covered most of the reasoning here. I tried to make it clear that there's plans for the other classes being adjusted but that these changes were at solely aimed getting the baseline FP drains vs saberist approaching a gunner into a spot where it was similar to the previous open beta (which had the same goals) in the following ways:
  1. Gunners actually have some kind of incentive to shoot at saberists past half (maybe even 1/4, I forget the numbers..) of Push's range (prior, the drains were so low it didn't matter as you can see here).
  2. Inexperienced saberists shouldn't be a threat to any decent gunners by just running into them in a crowd and getting kills while also maintaining large amounts of FP (especially while being hit a decent amount upon approach). Frankly, I don't think experienced ones should either as a baseline expectation..
  3. Gunners have the ability to actually create space (this is the strongest balancing tool against saberists given the interactions between force powers and gunner mobility on approach) if they're accurate.
I think I was pretty on target with #1 and #2 with just the FP drains from the gunner beta (although i did slightly tweak the math while cleaning it up, already was aware of potential tweaks needed but just wanted to see the state of things overall instead of making any assumptions). #3 was handled with making the current knockback. Lots of time went into trying to adjust the distance thresholds and amount of knockback applied. From what I've seen, these are working as intended and feel pretty fair, as qwerty described.

Does that mean the current state is perfect? No. I think things like the very high fp drains on swingblock probably don't need to be a thing anymore now that it's not a huge safety net that was one of the large issues of #3. Jumping and swingblocking might be too problematic without any of the normalized knockback but it's better than literally juggling saberists in the air if they ever tried. There's still fairly high drains and previous balancing measures in place for that.

As for other classes, I was already working on things like EE3's accuracy, jetpack controls being a bit smoother/more responsive, potential Dodge and Heal adjustments, and bouncing ideas back and forth with @Hexodious and others about what we can do for the other classes to feel more fair or more fulfilling for their roles (including actually figuring out what their roles are to be so we can do focused changes rather than spitballing and seeing how things end up). The other classes haven't been forgotten or ignored by any means.

No, I want Jedi to not take multiple full clips to drain and be in line with requiring skill levels comparable to other classes in the game

View attachment 4494

you do realise his health went down in the clip along with fp,if the 3 troops simply kept fire and spread out karus would have had more trouble,he took 2 in 1 hit,in this case he was clearly the better player,go take ur anti-jedi qq's someplace else
not what i would say.PNG

you do realise his health went down in the clip along with fp,if the 3 troops simply kept fire and spread out karus would have had more trouble,he took 2 in 1 hit,in this case he was clearly the better player,go take ur anti-jedi qq's someplace else
View attachment 4496

Why are you quoting me continuously talking about a clip that I wasn't even discussing

Aight let's check this clip out then if it'll get you to shut up

One skilled jedi and two people who can't aim, jedi wins

Damn it's like that's exactly the outcome that should occur when two people who are bad at the game go up against someone who is great. Means patch is working as intended, nice.

Why are you quoting me continuously talking about a clip that I wasn't even discussing

Damn it's like that's exactly the outcome that should occur when two people who are bad at the game go up against someone who is great. Means patch is working as intended, nice.
aight there may have been a misreading or two in the heat of the battle,ima take the L
oh.PNG

The exact same outcome would have happened before the patch so I don't get that point.

On the other hand you have 'pros' arguing that this was the acceptable kind accuracy to drain a Jedi:

Dunno if I posted this previously but jumpswings are extremely exploitable right now especially considering they don't have knockback, your best bet is to run underneath/towards them if they jump. I think jumpswings should have knockback because it's already a pretty strong move adding verticality and hitting a flying target is a lot harder than a running one if you're hit during this while not blocking you should be launched into the air and far away from the target

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Legends

Continued small tweaks have been made to most characters in attempts to balance gameplay for competitive matches. This will be an ongoing process.
  • Fix / Change: Many effects and sounds for guns have been removed or merged in attempts to avoid server crashes due to maxconfig strings. Unfortunately large FAs like Legends or PowerBattles reach this limit quickly and due to engine limits, the server crashes. This hotfix may help remedy how often these Legends crashes occur.
  • Fix: Bug where Ventress was not showing up in class selection.

Have you cleared all the descriptions of the characters? Some of them are (were?) incomplete and/or misalign with the actual abilities they got.

the age of ARC is now mortal

Is there a possibility of Rey's Rise of Skywalker outfit being added as a skin to the game soon?

Sag

Internal Beta Team
Good update.
However with flinch I used to be able to save teammates on the ground due to being pushed/pulled by a saber user and now I can't. :(
Also the devs should give ARC its stamina running speed as a default for the class.
And nerf lightning, as it should not be able to kill a full health and armor hero or clone, et or soldier.

And these videos on this thread of gunners dying to jedi:
Q37AjAX1.jpg

Last edited: