MovieBattles II V1.5.4 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.5.4 Update

CHANGELOG

SMOD

• Fix: Improved command parsing.
  • Fix: Using the SetTk command will now display the standard TK Points Client Text.
Maps
  • New: Profundity Duel (mb2_duel_profundity)
  • Change: Updated Scarif FA to include new K-2SO model.
  • Change: Updated most FA's across Official, uMad, CMP maps with updated hilt models.
Models
  • New: K-2SO. Note: Currently only available in Scarif FA.
  • New / Change: Added and upgraded over 100 new and existing saber hilt models with higher quality and more optimized versions.
  • Fix: Fixed Shoretrooper sounds.
Servers
  • Change: Starting with this release, jampgamei386.nopp.so will be included for use with OpenJK servers. Previously it was made available as a separate download. Manually rename and replace the default jampgamei386.so with this file when using the OpenJK engine on Linux.
  • Change: Updated default server config with Discord link example for online server list and extra master server entries (server owners should update that section in their configs for better availability when disruptions occur).

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
-MBII
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_scarif.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt
MBII Readme.zip
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
server_config_default.cfg
uii386.so

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name

man i heard theres a new update out lets see what they did

hmm cant wait to see these grrrrate influential changes

OH SHIT THEY UPDATED THE FUCKING HILTS GUYS THE DEVS ARE REAL GAMERS WHO KNOW WHAT THE MASSES WANT

I CAN FINALLY BE REAL HILTY BOY

oh wait a second i dont use sabers

shit
to be fair it was for optimisation purposes but ok

Plasma

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Just wanted to pop in and mention that I made those hilts and I don't actually work on MB2 anymore (I just make stuff for Jedi Academy, base mostly at this point) so if you're complaining that making them took time away from something else in the mod it didn't.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Love the new hilts but is it just me or do the blades feel a bit short on some of them?

Blade length is hard coded in open mode, and I'm pretty sure all the .sab entries that have changed saber lengths are marked with the notinopen flag so they shouldn't be applying anyway. You're probably seeing some minor differences that are due to some of the size shaping of some hilts having slightly different hand positioning and hilt extents. So for example the inquisitor staff hilts have blade starting points closer to center, where as maul and temple guard are a bit farther out.

Yep, basically every hilt now (except the ones we didnt remake) are now 1 draw call, 1 texture, and have multiple LODs. Instead of multiple draw calls, multiple textures, and only a few with LODs.

fucking ubisoft downgrades

1 like = 1 prayer

Fang

Donator
I'm tired of being progressive about this mod tbh and I'm bored of these iddy updates or saber only related changes.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm tired of being progressive about this mod tbh and I'm bored of these iddy updates or saber only related changes.

I understand, but many of us are working pretty hard on things for the next update. This update wasn't one that was initially on the schedule and we pushed it with some stuff that was already done. The big update thats coming is probably going to be the biggest we've had in a long time. I did a preliminary calculation the other day, and its sitting at over 3.4GB for the change/update download if we include everything and the mod itself will gain over a GB in total file size. Its possible based off of the changes that need to be made that we might have to update literally every single PK3 file in MB2 which would bring it to a 5GB download.