Moviebattles II 1.8.1 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.8.1 Update
General
  • Change: Names used for admin and server messages are protected (players may not use them).
  • Fix: Droidekas
    • The correct default Droideka model will now be preloaded (prevents client hitching in some situations).
    • Prevented an edge case where it was possible to roll with the shield up.
    • Holding the shield toggle with projector 1 or 2 while walking and then stopping no longer drains all shield energy.
  • Fix: Duel Mode Private Duels
    • Clients outside private duels will no longer predict collision with those who are in a duel (fixes jerky movement).
    • Grip and force focus targeting within private duels now cannot be disrupted by players outside the duel.
  • Fix: Force Destruction uses correct hit effect again.
  • Fix: cg_twoPistolCrosshairs setting should now be saved to config.
  • Fix: 'Bot route data not found' message is now hidden (no longer need dummy waypoint files for every map to suppress).

UI
  • New / Change: Chat filter settings (cg_swearWordFilter / Settings > Other > Chat Options) now also apply to player names and server prints. Names will still appear unfiltered when using serverstatus / smod status or the moderation menu.
    • 1: Now filters against a predefined list of common slurs. This is the new default.
    • 2: In addition, also filters against a predefined list of obscenities.
    • 3: In addition, also filters against the customizable word list (defined by cg_swearWords).
    • 4: Filters using slur list and customizable word list.
    • 5: Only filters using the customizable word list (same as old behavior).
    • -1: Streamer Mode - Aliases names based on client number and hides player chat and some console prints.
    • -2: Streamer Mode (strict) - Admin and server chat messages are also hidden.
  • Change: Added third option in settings menu for cg_voiceFloodProtect (2: mute all). Was previously undocumented.
  • Change: The moderation menu's player list now indicates the player's team via background color (team1 = red, team2 = blue).
  • Change: If the server list source is set to Local at startup, it will be reset to Internet (ensures new players always get the right source).
  • Change: The server list now defaults to sorting servers by most to least players.
  • Change: Adjusted scoreboard and timer colors to be more pastel.
  • Change: Timer scores use a lower font weight.
  • Fix: Grip release icons display properly again (shown when losing a partial grip lock).

Models
  • New: Added Gregor to ARC Trooper.
  • New: Added Rebel Grenadier to Elite Trooper.
  • New: Added Snivvian Commando to Elite Trooper.
  • New: Added Arcona Mercenary to Bounty Hunter.
  • New: Added Advozse Mercenary to Bounty Hunter.
  • New: Added Twi'lek Slaver (KotOR) to Bounty Hunter.
  • New / Change: Zabrak Female Mercenary is back in Elite Trooper with some texture changes and accessories to look more trooper-like.
  • Change: Tyria Sarkin now has a vest in favor of reducing team/class confusion.
  • Change: Outfit tweaks on female Imperial Officers to blend in more with imperials.
  • Change: General outfit tweaks on all Alien Commandos in favor of variety.
  • Change: Duros, Bith, Aqualish, Sullustan Commandos and Darth Tenebrous now have upgraded, non-ported, high quality head meshes.
  • Change: Afro Exile has been given a new body mesh familiar to Sith Pureblood's.
  • Change: Female Guerilla now has proper goggles and a new backpack.
  • Change: Duros and Twi'lek Commando voicelines have been changed from KOTOR II to KOTOR I variants. (The latter favors BH Twi'lek.)
  • Change: Spiced up clonetrooper soundsets (Bacara, Cody, Keller, Senate Guards, and the ones seen in TCW respectively) with more variants from The Clone Wars TV show, Revenge of the Sith video game and the Bounty Hunter video game.
  • Change: Each female Imperial Officer has a unique soundset now.
  • Change: Female Rebel Soldier with the ponytail now has a unique soundset from TFU.
  • Change: Shoretrooper has been given a tweaked soundset from the movies.
  • Change: Darth Tenebrous soundset has been given a more Sith-like edge to it, now is more diverse from its Bith gunner counterpart.
  • Change: AotC Anakin Skywalker's fan favourite line "I am the most powerful Jedi ever" is back as a victory line.
  • Change: Dark Jedi, Sith Pureblood and "Space Jesus" Exile now have a spammable battle scream as victory lines.
  • Change: General voiceline tweaks throughout most recent additions, getting rid of too many "conversation-like" lines.
  • Remove: Removed Lannik Racto due to team confusion.
  • Remove: Temporarily removed Yuthura Ban due to issues with the model among other things.

Legends
  • Fix: Reverted Jabba to a regular humanoid model to avoid crashes.

uMad? Map Pack
  • New: um_bespin_night
    • A night time variant with a different skybox and lighting. Replaces um_bespin_open.
  • Change: um_bespin
    • Overhauled global lighting.
    • New skybox.
    • Converted all cream coloured textures to be white and gave them a shine.
    • Redesigned the center building and its interior walls.
    • Redesigned the front section; added a water fountain and moved the training room.
    • Added new interiors to two buildings.
    • Fixed tunnel doors.
    • New loading screens.
  • Change: um_bespin_tournament
    • Overhauled global lighting.
    • New skybox.
    • Converted all cream coloured textures to be white and gave them a shine.
    • Added new interiors to two buildings.
    • Fixed tunnel doors.
    • New loading screen.
  • Remove: um_bespin_open

Other
  • Change: Python RTV script no longer throws an error if maps in the map lists are missing (instead warns and does not use them in the running configuration). We recommend server hosts using the script upgrade to this version to reduce update maintenance from future map changes.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--GameData
RTVRTM.zip
--MBII
cgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets4.pk3
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt
MBAssets3.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3
zz_MBModels3.pk3
zz_MBModels4.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
So....What part of this update was useful to players who play....? Maybe in 10 more patches the ignore cmds and ur moderation ignore menu will actually work...? Ya I wasnt counting on it either. <insane rant> BUT HEY, at least he's not talking about anything happening in the real world or anything of consequence that could offend anyone for any reason in the entire world.
We found 'em folks. Someone actually triggered that an existing feature was enhanced and players now have slightly better options for filtering things they don't want to see.

As far as ignore is concerned, we still have not had any useful bug reports (with a relevant server log) that would give us a hint as to why there may be an issue. There is nothing obviously wrong with code. So until the community helps by submitting a good report (or we get a report with time info from a player on an official server) there's nothing that can really be done there.

This explanation is really for anyone other than Lee though as I don't expect a useful dialogue there.

So....What part of this update was useful to players who play....? Maybe in 10 more patches the ignore cmds and ur moderation ignore menu will actually work...? Ya I wasnt counting on it either. Next patch r u gonna make it so we can't turnoff 'festive surgical masks'? Seems like the kind of direction things are going in here. Pretty sure chat in most servers is going to be.... Padawan:_____ ________ ______ Padawan2: __ _____. But Thankfully the important servers will retain their normal chat box functionality: Frenzy: LOL, Idioit_badmin: BROWNIE lOL, retard_timewaster: ROFLE LOLLOLL, idiot_melee_user: LOL LOLOL LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOLOOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL X100 cause he can't be ignored cause ur system is shite. BUT HEY, at least he's not talking about anything happening in the real world or anything of consequence that could offend anyone for any reason in the entire world.
Holy shit bro, sometimes you do say relevant things, but this time you've lost it. Try not to post anymore messages here, ok?

So....What part of this update was useful to players who play....? Maybe in 10 more patches the ignore cmds and ur moderation ignore menu will actually work...? Ya I wasnt counting on it either. Next patch r u gonna make it so we can't turnoff 'festive surgical masks'? Seems like the kind of direction things are going in here. Pretty sure chat in most servers is going to be.... ~snip~

? Last I checked chat filters were clientside, and totally optional. You don't like it, turn it off. Censors are nice when you plan to show the game to friends without exposing them to the typical server banter, and especially great for potential Twitch streaming with the new filter options.

D

Deleted member 7686

you guys took out the best sith skin... every update this game gets worse. clear signs of mace madunsus in this update

So....What part of this update was useful to players who play....? Maybe in 10 more patches the ignore cmds and ur moderation ignore menu will actually work...? Ya I wasnt counting on it either. Next patch r u gonna make it so we can't turnoff 'festive surgical masks'? Seems like the kind of direction things are going in here. Pretty sure chat in most servers is going to be.... Padawan:_____ ________ ______ Padawan2: __ _____. But Thankfully the important servers will retain their normal chat box functionality: Frenzy: LOL, Idioit_badmin: BROWNIE lOL, retard_timewaster: ROFLE LOLLOLL, idiot_melee_user: LOL LOLOL LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOLOOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL X100 cause he can't be ignored cause ur system is shite. BUT HEY, at least he's not talking about anything happening in the real world or anything of consequence that could offend anyone for any reason in the entire world.
brave_Tqg0hJCPGI.png

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
But why? Somehow this annoys me more than I thought. I mean, after playing this over a decade, I never had an issue with scoreboard colors of all things :D

This is great news
Its better now, after the hud change it was pink and cyan 🤮

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
The voiceline were complete, satisfying, working well with the image of the character...
Now from a soldier type of taunts, I get "Help... Come on! Q_Q" and some undescriptible alien language.
I really can't understand the idea behind this change, it is almost if no one felt someone liked the character as it was. This was my go-to model. That's truely sad.

Looking at the Chiss female officer, the cap she now wear is looking out of place. The two tails on the side of her face, looks totaly not imperial. These are usually for younger females, or jedi-like characters.
The former hair we had on this model, had a way more serious vibe to it. Now I feel the face is disproportionated because of the tails and cap. This also was my go-to model. I can't hide I feel sad about the change, and will do a client-side change for myself...
The rebel girl we speak of had the same soundset as 2 other rebel female troops. Multiple different looking chars speaking the same lines is not a good way to go and I think I don’t need to explain this aspect further. So one of them had to be altered, doing so it’s safer to change that which hasn’t been available for years. Only, well… 2 months.
Secondly, she pretty much looks like a civilian. Therefore the civilian-like lines.

As for female officer. The idea is that only high ranking officers had no cap in the Galactic Empire most of the time. Tarkin, Galak, Krennic, Thrawn for example. (Even though I haven’t considered it last time.)
Our chiss girl is a different case being a nameless character unlike the imperial woman with the ponytail wearing the olive suit, is supposed to be Admiral Daala. For the same reason, no cap for her. The hair is only a choice of design which we haven’t seen before. If Daala had a cap, she would look the same. So it’s not entirely true imperials didn’t have this type of hair but I see your point.

Thing is, this time we didn’t have enough people testing the models so there wasn’t much feedback to go by. As a result it all fell on me, who usually comes up with most of these edits. I’m not blaming anyone just telling you the situation. I think I can take your words as constructive critic. We’ll see what happens next.

Last edited:
The rebel girl we speak of had the same soundset as 2 other rebel female troops. Multiple different looking chars speaking the same lines is not a good way to go and I think I don’t need to explain this aspect further. So one of them had to be altered, doing so it’s safer to change that which hasn’t been available for years. Only, well… 2 months.
Secondly, she pretty much looks like a civilian. Therefore the civilian-like lines.

As for female officer. The idea is that only high ranking officers had no cap in the Galactic Empire most of the time. Tarkin, Galak, Krennic, Thrawn for example. (Even though I haven’t considered it last time.)
Our chiss girl is a different case being a nameless character unlike the imperial woman with the ponytail wearing the olive suit, is supposed to be Admiral Daala. For the same reason, no cap for her. The hair is only a choice of design which we haven’t seen before. If Daala had a cap, she would look the same. So it’s not entirely true imperials didn’t have this type of hair but I see your point.

Thing is, this time we didn’t have enough people testing the models so there wasn’t much feedback to go by. As a result it all fell on me, who usually comes up with most of these edits. I’m not blaming anyone just telling you the situation. I think I can take your words as constructive critic. We’ll see what happens next.
the high ranking officers were always capping

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It's good to see new updates, however, I just want to mention one thing that has happened recently (not in this particular update).

Flying kicks require the +use button to execute. I don't know why this was done and I think it's a case of fixing something that isn't broken. It just makes the controls more clunky and reminds me of what was done to the RDFA jump requiring +reload when it was so smooth before.

I think we should nib this clunkifying trend in the bud, because not only does it make the controls less smooth and ruin flow, it's also more obscure.

I've seen people advocating for even more moves to be put behind the +use wall. I do not understand the logic of requiring more button presses to execute a move, and that being a step forward. It's not. If anything, it's a step backwards and makes the game play worse.
jump + melee grapple became near impossibility to execute after jump kick was introduced. By having it work only with use button makes everything more consistent.

Reactions: SeV
jump + melee grapple became near impossibility to execute after jump kick was introduced. By having it work only with use button makes everything more consistent.
?????? in my experience, forcing us to hold E to kick while jumping is just unnecessary and clunky, compared to just pressing space then right click.

i've also never heard anyone ever complain about not being able to jump kata. its so easy lol. i'd rather have the extra clunky bind removed because its not hard at all to jump and simply right click + left click for kata

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
?????? in my experience, forcing us to hold E to kick while jumping is just unnecessary and clunky, compared to just pressing space then right click.

i've also never heard anyone ever complain about not being able to jump kata. its so easy lol. i'd rather have the extra clunky bind removed because its not hard at all to jump and simply right click + left click for kata
Did you try to jump melee kata when jump kick happened with just pressing kick button during mid air? You had to press m1 + m2 with absolute precision to make it happen, where as now (and how it used to be b4 jumpkick bunnyhop) you can hold m2 first mid air and then press m1 to do grapple. Id say around 50:50 my jumping melee grapple turned out to be a jump kick just because I hit the two buttons a milisecond apart.

Did you try to jump melee kata when jump kick happened with just pressing kick button during mid air? You had to press m1 + m2 with absolute precision to make it happen, where as now (and how it used to be b4 jumpkick bunnyhop) you can hold m2 first mid air and then press m1 to do grapple. Id say around 50:50 my jumping melee grapple turned out to be a jump kick just because I hit the two buttons a milisecond apart.
it really just isn't as hard for at least me to always hit the kata input while midair.

i can help you out here, say the use key bind was removed for flying kick and to make sure that you won't accidentally flying kick when you want to flying kata, you can just stop pressing the movement keys while doing the input for kata so that a kick is impossible while you're jumping :kitfisto:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
it really just isn't as hard for at least me to always hit the kata input while midair.

i can help you out here, say the use key bind was removed for flying kick and to make sure that you won't accidentally flying kick when you want to flying kata, you can just stop pressing the movement keys while doing the input for kata so that a kick is impossible while you're jumping :kitfisto:
That would slow my momentum of moving forward

As far as I know, once you start kataing or Kicking in mid air you can no longer change your momentum/movement. Or am I stupid?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
As far as I know, once you start kataing or Kicking in mid air you can no longer change your momentum/movement. Or am I stupid?
That's always been the case, at least for the past decade.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Ok I do stand corrected, I went to try this theory. I was under the impression that letting go of W would make me move slightly less forward during mid air but a well timed let go off space lets me glide the same amount. Holding w makes it easier but it aint an impossible task to tap space right and just glide without holding w. Guess it is all about what youre used to doing.

I meant the momentum would slow down once i stop holding W before the kata. Like, you can change momentum when you are mid air and start holding S.

What I didnt know is that jumpkick requires "use" even when you're high enough to activate jump kick the old fashioned way. Now that is a change I do not like.