Moviebattles II 1.8.1 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.8.1 Update
General
  • Change: Names used for admin and server messages are protected (players may not use them).
  • Fix: Droidekas
    • The correct default Droideka model will now be preloaded (prevents client hitching in some situations).
    • Prevented an edge case where it was possible to roll with the shield up.
    • Holding the shield toggle with projector 1 or 2 while walking and then stopping no longer drains all shield energy.
  • Fix: Duel Mode Private Duels
    • Clients outside private duels will no longer predict collision with those who are in a duel (fixes jerky movement).
    • Grip and force focus targeting within private duels now cannot be disrupted by players outside the duel.
  • Fix: Force Destruction uses correct hit effect again.
  • Fix: cg_twoPistolCrosshairs setting should now be saved to config.
  • Fix: 'Bot route data not found' message is now hidden (no longer need dummy waypoint files for every map to suppress).

UI
  • New / Change: Chat filter settings (cg_swearWordFilter / Settings > Other > Chat Options) now also apply to player names and server prints. Names will still appear unfiltered when using serverstatus / smod status or the moderation menu.
    • 1: Now filters against a predefined list of common slurs. This is the new default.
    • 2: In addition, also filters against a predefined list of obscenities.
    • 3: In addition, also filters against the customizable word list (defined by cg_swearWords).
    • 4: Filters using slur list and customizable word list.
    • 5: Only filters using the customizable word list (same as old behavior).
    • -1: Streamer Mode - Aliases names based on client number and hides player chat and some console prints.
    • -2: Streamer Mode (strict) - Admin and server chat messages are also hidden.
  • Change: Added third option in settings menu for cg_voiceFloodProtect (2: mute all). Was previously undocumented.
  • Change: The moderation menu's player list now indicates the player's team via background color (team1 = red, team2 = blue).
  • Change: If the server list source is set to Local at startup, it will be reset to Internet (ensures new players always get the right source).
  • Change: The server list now defaults to sorting servers by most to least players.
  • Change: Adjusted scoreboard and timer colors to be more pastel.
  • Change: Timer scores use a lower font weight.
  • Fix: Grip release icons display properly again (shown when losing a partial grip lock).

Models
  • New: Added Gregor to ARC Trooper.
  • New: Added Rebel Grenadier to Elite Trooper.
  • New: Added Snivvian Commando to Elite Trooper.
  • New: Added Arcona Mercenary to Bounty Hunter.
  • New: Added Advozse Mercenary to Bounty Hunter.
  • New: Added Twi'lek Slaver (KotOR) to Bounty Hunter.
  • New / Change: Zabrak Female Mercenary is back in Elite Trooper with some texture changes and accessories to look more trooper-like.
  • Change: Tyria Sarkin now has a vest in favor of reducing team/class confusion.
  • Change: Outfit tweaks on female Imperial Officers to blend in more with imperials.
  • Change: General outfit tweaks on all Alien Commandos in favor of variety.
  • Change: Duros, Bith, Aqualish, Sullustan Commandos and Darth Tenebrous now have upgraded, non-ported, high quality head meshes.
  • Change: Afro Exile has been given a new body mesh familiar to Sith Pureblood's.
  • Change: Female Guerilla now has proper goggles and a new backpack.
  • Change: Duros and Twi'lek Commando voicelines have been changed from KOTOR II to KOTOR I variants. (The latter favors BH Twi'lek.)
  • Change: Spiced up clonetrooper soundsets (Bacara, Cody, Keller, Senate Guards, and the ones seen in TCW respectively) with more variants from The Clone Wars TV show, Revenge of the Sith video game and the Bounty Hunter video game.
  • Change: Each female Imperial Officer has a unique soundset now.
  • Change: Female Rebel Soldier with the ponytail now has a unique soundset from TFU.
  • Change: Shoretrooper has been given a tweaked soundset from the movies.
  • Change: Darth Tenebrous soundset has been given a more Sith-like edge to it, now is more diverse from its Bith gunner counterpart.
  • Change: AotC Anakin Skywalker's fan favourite line "I am the most powerful Jedi ever" is back as a victory line.
  • Change: Dark Jedi, Sith Pureblood and "Space Jesus" Exile now have a spammable battle scream as victory lines.
  • Change: General voiceline tweaks throughout most recent additions, getting rid of too many "conversation-like" lines.
  • Remove: Removed Lannik Racto due to team confusion.
  • Remove: Temporarily removed Yuthura Ban due to issues with the model among other things.

Legends
  • Fix: Reverted Jabba to a regular humanoid model to avoid crashes.

uMad? Map Pack
  • New: um_bespin_night
    • A night time variant with a different skybox and lighting. Replaces um_bespin_open.
  • Change: um_bespin
    • Overhauled global lighting.
    • New skybox.
    • Converted all cream coloured textures to be white and gave them a shine.
    • Redesigned the center building and its interior walls.
    • Redesigned the front section; added a water fountain and moved the training room.
    • Added new interiors to two buildings.
    • Fixed tunnel doors.
    • New loading screens.
  • Change: um_bespin_tournament
    • New skybox.
    • Fixed tunnel doors.
    • New loading screen.
  • Remove: um_bespin_open

Other
  • Change: Python RTV script no longer throws an error if maps in the map lists are missing (instead warns and does not use them in the running configuration). We recommend server hosts using the script upgrade to this version to reduce update maintenance from future map changes.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--GameData
RTVRTM.zip
--MBII
cgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets4.pk3
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt
MBAssets3.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3
zz_MBModels3.pk3
zz_MBModels4.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name.

Change: Female Rebel Soldier with the ponytail now has a unique soundset from TFU.
The voiceline were complete, satisfying, working well with the image of the character...
Now from a soldier type of taunts, I get "Help... Come on! Q_Q" and some undescriptible alien language.
I really can't understand the idea behind this change, it is almost if no one felt someone liked the character as it was. This was my go-to model. That's truely sad.

Change: Outfit tweaks on female Imperial Officers to blend in more with imperials.
Looking at the Chiss female officer, the cap she now wear is looking out of place. The two tails on the side of her face, looks totaly not imperial. These are usually for younger females, or jedi-like characters.
The former hair we had on this model, had a way more serious vibe to it. Now I feel the face is disproportionated because of the tails and cap. This also was my go-to model. I can't hide I feel sad about the change, and will do a client-side change for myself...

Change: Timer scores use a lower font weight.
I believe the attempt here is to make it more eyes friendly. The more colors, the harder the readability.
I understand you want to use specific colors for specific things. But passively for the eyes, this current colors is mostly making itself be visible instead of blending it, passively.

Fix: Duel Mode Private Duels
While we are at it for next time (^^)
- When starting a duel, during the 3...2...1 timer, you can generate force focus on your opponent
- At the moment the duel start, if you immediately do a forward flying kick, with saber wielded. And your opponent is blocking, he will get knocked down, just like if he wasn't blocking.
This abuse is widely used...

Change: Added third option in settings menu for cg_voiceFloodProtect (2: mute all). Was previously undocumented.
This is GOLD. Because this became turning me crazy after so long.
Yet the chat spam was still a thing. Thanks to the "2: mute all" now this is solved. Appreciate alot !

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
It's good to see new updates, however, I just want to mention one thing that has happened recently (not in this particular update).

Flying kicks require the +use button to execute. I don't know why this was done and I think it's a case of fixing something that isn't broken. It just makes the controls more clunky and reminds me of what was done to the RDFA jump requiring +reload when it was so smooth before.

I think we should nib this clunkifying trend in the bud, because not only does it make the controls less smooth and ruin flow, it's also more obscure.

I've seen people advocating for even more moves to be put behind the +use wall. I do not understand the logic of requiring more button presses to execute a move, and that being a step forward. It's not. If anything, it's a step backwards and makes the game play worse.

It's good to see new updates, however, I just want to mention one thing that has happened recently (not in this particular update).

Flying kicks require the +use button to execute. I don't know why this was done and I think it's a case of fixing something that isn't broken. It just makes the controls more clunky and reminds me of what was done to the RDFA jump requiring +reload when it was so smooth before.

I think we should nib this clunkifying trend in the bud, because not only does it make the controls less smooth and ruin flow, it's also more obscure.

I've seen people advocating for even more moves to be put behind the +use wall. I do not understand the logic of requiring more button presses to execute a move, and that being a step forward. It's not. If anything, it's a step backwards and makes the game play worse.
Oh yes. As an old man, I have to say I don't get it. The "use" button is a retro factor that I wouldn't want to miss.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired

It happened because someone wanted non-jedi to be able to do air kicks, and then melee users complained that it conflicted with katas if the inputs weren't perfectly timed.

Personally I don't think the change was worth the effort, and yes I can see your complaint about it being more input. On the other hand it is now consistent with other special melee moves which all require holding use. I'm not really sure why doing it as a saberist with lightsaber out using class special requires holding use though. That can't possibly conflict.

Reactions: SeV
I hope we get new rebel soldier skins soon. The ones we have are not too exciting sadly. All the other classes have fire skins though.

Anyone else getting remote server 503 error messages right now? I won't let me update.

Edit: I installed the Experimental launcher and it didn't have the error.

Last edited:

Lee

iwCSA26.png

V1.8.1 Update
General
  • Change: Names used for admin and server messages are protected (players may not use them).
  • Fix: Droidekas
    • The correct default Droideka model will now be preloaded (prevents client hitching in some situations).
    • Prevented an edge case where it was possible to roll with the shield up.
    • Holding the shield toggle with projector 1 or 2 while walking and then stopping no longer drains all shield energy.
  • Fix: Duel Mode Private Duels
    • Clients outside private duels will no longer predict collision with those who are in a duel (fixes jerky movement).
    • Grip and force focus targeting within private duels now cannot be disrupted by players outside the duel.
  • Fix: Force Destruction uses correct hit effect again.
  • Fix: cg_twoPistolCrosshairs setting should now be saved to config.
  • Fix: 'Bot route data not found' message is now hidden (no longer need dummy waypoint files for every map to suppress).

UI
  • New / Change: Chat filter settings (cg_swearWordFilter / Settings > Other > Chat Options) now also apply to player names and server prints. Names will still appear unfiltered when using serverstatus / smod status or the moderation menu.
    • 1: Now filters against a predefined list of common slurs. This is the new default.
    • 2: In addition, also filters against a predefined list of obscenities.
    • 3: In addition, also filters against the customizable word list (defined by cg_swearWords).
    • 4: Filters using slur list and customizable word list.
    • 5: Only filters using the customizable word list (same as old behavior).
    • -1: Streamer Mode - Aliases names based on client number and hides player chat and some console prints.
    • -2: Streamer Mode (strict) - Admin and server chat messages are also hidden.
  • Change: Added third option in settings menu for cg_voiceFloodProtect (2: mute all). Was previously undocumented.
  • Change: The moderation menu's player list now indicates the player's team via background color (team1 = red, team2 = blue).
  • Change: If the server list source is set to Local at startup, it will be reset to Internet (ensures new players always get the right source).
  • Change: The server list now defaults to sorting servers by most to least players.
  • Change: Adjusted scoreboard and timer colors to be more pastel.
  • Change: Timer scores use a lower font weight.
  • Fix: Grip release icons display properly again (shown when losing a partial grip lock).

Models
  • New: Added Gregor to ARC Trooper.
  • New: Added Rebel Grenadier to Elite Trooper.
  • New: Added Snivvian Commando to Elite Trooper.
  • New: Added Arcona Mercenary to Bounty Hunter.
  • New: Added Advozse Mercenary to Bounty Hunter.
  • New: Added Twi'lek Slaver (KotOR) to Bounty Hunter.
  • New / Change: Zabrak Female Mercenary is back in Elite Trooper with some texture changes and accessories to look more trooper-like.
  • Change: Tyria Sarkin now has a vest in favor of reducing team/class confusion.
  • Change: Outfit tweaks on female Imperial Officers to blend in more with imperials.
  • Change: General outfit tweaks on all Alien Commandos in favor of variety.
  • Change: Duros, Bith, Aqualish, Sullustan Commandos and Darth Tenebrous now have upgraded, non-ported, high quality head meshes.
  • Change: Afro Exile has been given a new body mesh familiar to Sith Pureblood's.
  • Change: Female Guerilla now has proper goggles and a new backpack.
  • Change: Duros and Twi'lek Commando voicelines have been changed from KOTOR II to KOTOR I variants. (The latter favors BH Twi'lek.)
  • Change: Spiced up clonetrooper soundsets (Bacara, Cody, Keller, Senate Guards, and the ones seen in TCW respectively) with more variants from The Clone Wars TV show, Revenge of the Sith video game and the Bounty Hunter video game.
  • Change: Each female Imperial Officer has a unique soundset now.
  • Change: Female Rebel Soldier with the ponytail now has a unique soundset from TFU.
  • Change: Shoretrooper has been given a tweaked soundset from the movies.
  • Change: Darth Tenebrous soundset has been given a more Sith-like edge to it, now is more diverse from its Bith gunner counterpart.
  • Change: AotC Anakin Skywalker's fan favourite line "I am the most powerful Jedi ever" is back as a victory line.
  • Change: Dark Jedi, Sith Pureblood and "Space Jesus" Exile now have a spammable battle scream as victory lines.
  • Change: General voiceline tweaks throughout most recent additions, getting rid of too many "conversation-like" lines.
  • Remove: Removed Lannik Racto due to team confusion.
  • Remove: Temporarily removed Yuthura Ban due to issues with the model among other things.

Legends
  • Fix: Reverted Jabba to a regular humanoid model to avoid crashes.

uMad? Map Pack
  • New: um_bespin_night
    • A night time variant with a different skybox and lighting. Replaces um_bespin_open.
  • Change: um_bespin
    • New skybox.
    • Redesigned the center building and its interior walls.
    • Redesigned the front section; added a water fountain and moved the training room.
    • Fixed tunnel doors.
    • New loading screens.
  • Change: um_bespin_tournament
    • New skybox.
    • Fixed tunnel doors.
    • New loading screen.
  • Remove: um_bespin_open

Other
  • Change: Python RTV script no longer throws an error if maps in the map lists are missing (instead warns and does not use them in the running configuration). We recommend server hosts using the script upgrade to this version to reduce update maintenance from future map changes.

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--GameData
RTVRTM.zip
--MBII
cgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets4.pk3
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt
MBAssets3.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3
zz_MBModels3.pk3
zz_MBModels4.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name.
So....What part of this update was useful to players who play....? Maybe in 10 more patches the ignore cmds and ur moderation ignore menu will actually work...? Ya I wasnt counting on it either. Next patch r u gonna make it so we can't turnoff 'festive surgical masks'? Seems like the kind of direction things are going in here. Pretty sure chat in most servers is going to be.... Padawan:_____ ________ ______ Padawan2: __ _____. But Thankfully the important servers will retain their normal chat box functionality: Frenzy: LOL, Idioit_badmin: BROWNIE lOL, retard_timewaster: ROFLE LOLLOLL, idiot_melee_user: LOL LOLOL LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOLOOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL X100 cause he can't be ignored cause ur system is shite. BUT HEY, at least he's not talking about anything happening in the real world or anything of consequence that could offend anyone for any reason in the entire world.

So....What part of this update was useful to players who play....? Maybe in 10 more patches the ignore cmds and ur moderation ignore menu will actually work...? Ya I wasnt counting on it either. Next patch r u gonna make it so we can't turnoff 'festive surgical masks'? Seems like the kind of direction things are going in here. Pretty sure chat in most servers is going to be.... Padawan:_____ ________ ______ Padawan2: __ _____. But Thankfully the important servers will retain their normal chat box functionality: Frenzy: LOL, Idioit_badmin: BROWNIE lOL, retard_timewaster: ROFLE LOLLOLL, idiot_melee_user: LOL LOLOL LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOLOOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOLOOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL X100 cause he can't be ignored cause ur system is shite. BUT HEY, at least he's not talking about anything happening in the real world or anything of consequence that could offend anyone for any reason in the entire world.
what?