Movie Battles III

Hello,first post here. (I got told to post here for this)

Basically,what I am "hunting" is the latest build of Movie Battles III. Yes,it was un-finished etc,but it looked really cool.

Where could I find that build/Could someone give it to me?

Upvote 0

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Nope. Movie Battles III was discontinued. There would be little point in putting up for download.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I know it was,but I want the last build before cancellation.
It's shame downloads of mb3 have been deleted from moddb. It wouldn't hurt anybody if those distributives were still accessible.
Movie Battles III Windows game

However, @Chaos the Chaotic confessed he still have it, so you can contact him. :)
Chaos the Chaotic said:
Luckily I still have one of the last versions of mb3 on my pc.
Push 3 Balance | Page 20 | Movie Battles II Community

Supa

The Serial Stacker
If you want it ask for it in private then. I would personally rather not have an incomplete project that won't ever see the light of day again floating around for everyone to download.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
I think it's fine if people wanna snoop around. Otherwise it's just many people's work that'll never see the light of day. There were some really cool stuff made by people.

He sent me a pm asking for them.

Do I need permission to give it to him? Do I sell it to him for say...$29.99?
I'll donate .3% to mb:)

I do have one password zip installer - no password.:(
4 exe installers which seem to work of I guess 4 different versions based on the date?
And the last official beta release fully installed.

I never bothered to download any of the last versions that Dodgethis and DCM? worked on. That was from the dev forums and looked too annoying to attempt to install:) Always with the cooking.
Should have stolen the codes and kept it for myself. I'd sell each line of code, piece by piece, get some gold grills you know, maybe some nice chains.

Didn't Serath and Mace move it to another project that they're currently working on(kind of)? Don't you need to ask them?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I do have one password zip installer - no password.:(
4 exe installers which seem to work of I guess 4 different versions based on the date?
And the last official beta release fully installed.

Those are the ones he would want, though I don't know the passwords anymore. The rest of the stuff is development related (the stuff that requires cooking) and really shouldn't be released or need to be released (since on its own at least on my pc is 9GB of stuff)

Didn't Serath and Mace move it to another project that they're currently working on(kind of)? Don't you need to ask them?

Yes but completely unrelated, nothing survived between the two.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
All I have is the project, I don't have a build with me that I know of.

(could be lurking in a random folder I don't know about)

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
So why not just share the project so that the fans could finish it?
Don't see any point in not doing it if it's already cancelled

Because fans aren't capable of finishing it. If we couldn't finish it as a team, what makes you think others can? There is so much work to be done you don't even imagine.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
So why not just share the project so that the fans could finish it?
Don't see any point in not doing it if it's already cancelled
Part of the concern and reason the project hasn't been continued isn't because we lack the interest or the ability to finish it, it would literally be screaming out to Disney, or LucasArts at the time, to come and nail our asses with some heavy and inflammable paperwork, and no doubt a hefty fine of some sort for encroaching on their copyrighted materials.

Making a Star Wars game without the permission of Disney is suicide. MBII can get away with it because it is a mod, whereas UDK, and now simply UT4, is skirting pretty close to that fine line.

DT85

3D Artist, Animator
Movie Battles II Team
The whole C&D thing isn't really a worry. Star Wars Battlecry (a much bigger project on UE4) has been in production for a fair while now with nothing from Disney. MBIII died mainly because there was a lack of active developers which was due to either being tired of doing all this hard work while knowing they won't see a dime or were scared away by the fear of a C&D which never came and I doubt ever would.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
The whole C&D thing isn't really a worry. Star Wars Battlecry (a much bigger project on UE4) has been in production for a fair while now with nothing from Disney. MBIII died mainly because there was a lack of active developers which was due to either being tired of doing all this hard work while knowing they won't see a dime or were scared away by the fear of a C&D which never came and I doubt ever would.
We also weren't very far in, and weren't really advertising it all that much, besides the bi-weekly test logs that I put up. We still only had the three models, a very basic lightsaber system and an E-11 by the time I had retired from development.

At the end if you put it all together:

Frags
E-11
Pistol
T-21
Sniper Rifle

Force Push/Pull/Speed
Force Throw - dat was removed

Luke, Obi, Rebel Soldier Male & Female, Stormtrooper, Vader, I think that was it.

I think the very last bit was a better hud and some in-game menus.

I guess you could count all the default stuff that came with UDK. The boosters and various game modes.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Do it through PM's. We aren't going to officially support it, so there really isn't much point in posting it.

Do it through PM's. We aren't going to officially support it, so there really isn't much point in posting it.
I am guessing the stuff Mace is doing with eridian crisis is a spiritual successor?
And not the official mb3?