Mb2_Sarlacc - new jabba sail barge map

Hello Movie Battles 2 Community! My name is Langerd - i am mapper that is mostly active on jkhub.

I just downloaded Movie Battles 2 and gave it a try. I must say... i am more than immpressed. It is a masterpiece of the mod and it finally gave me intrest to play multiplayer with jk3 players. I was never fan of multiplayer experience but now i not only want to be part of the community as the player - but as modder too. If you want of course. So in my first post i will give you my first post with my suggestion and my work in progress on the map - It is Jabba Sail Barge.

PHJivir.jpg

The rest of the images are here :
imgur album dSOz3

My idea for the objective is make this big cannon that Leia destroyed tha barge. The Rebels must destroy the barge by hacking the cannon to (Like Luke Said in the movie) POINT AT THE DECK! . They can do it manualy (like Leia in the movie and this will take longer) or faster method (in the cockpit of the barge) that will rotate the canon much much faster BUT the canon still must be activated manualy (the time to activate will be very fast).

What do you think and do you like the idea of the map like this?

Skiff model is AshuraDX's model but i changed textures and changed model to MD3.

Map is ready for the testing!
[DOWNLOAD IT HERE]

.pk3 file from above goes to "Jedi Academy\Movie Battles 2\GameData\MBII" In order to run the map start your local server and in the console input "/map mb2_sarlacc". Please, provide me with some feedback!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
New Screens!

Sarlacc has animations. If someone will fall into pit area he will be knockedback and he will fell into sarlacc.
There is a trigger that will activate the sarlacc animation as he is eating someone.

You can walk on the skiffs with these platform. The skiff on the left is mostly for jedi to have easier acces to the top of the barge.

Behind the barge there is a staircase. To be perfectly clear - this is WIP area. I think it is stupid to have one staircase to the barge. The main issue is that player who would play as SBD wouldn't be able to protect the cannon...
The other option to get to the top is the bow of the barge. I want to make it possiblke to get on the barge - even as the rebel soldier.

The Defenders might have a more defensive position but a tossed grenade inside the barge is very dangerous. Specially if someone knows how to throw them.

And the area with gong is one of small area behind the doors. There is a gong which i want to actualy make a gong sound - but it is for later job. The rest are some barrels and decorations on walls. maybe i will put them too inside the barge.

yj7WFEO.jpg

yj7WFEO

Again Rest are here :
imgur album aBdFe

Of course give me feedback what you think i should add or change. Of course many things will be change later (i hope this map will be approved)

Last edited:
The things to make :

-working objective - the cannon rotating and later destroying the barge
-cockpit
-the two trapdoors that will lead to the cockpit - i want to change their look and make them open with the elevator
-some stuff inside because barge is empty. Not sure what to add tho
-I want to change the sarlacc pit and placement of the tentacles to make it more movie accurate

Of course ... I dont know how it is going on with making the map playable. The new screens are made in the movie battles 2 - so it works! Spawns are there, but i will think about making some batter spawn placement.

Aaaand quick question - Is there anyone who want to test this map in the state that is now? It will be deathmatch only but i rly would like to see people actually play this map. It would be a very great feeling for map maker - to see people actually play the map :)

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
please please please is it based off the lego star wars level

k4far

Banned
Donator
The things to make :

-cockpit
-the two trapdoors that will lead to the cockpit - i want to change their look and make them open with the elevator
-I want to change the sarlacc pit and placement of the tentacles to make it more movie accurate

Of course ... I dont know how it is going on with making the map playable. The new screens are made in the movie battles 2 - so it works! Spawns are there, but i will think about making some batter spawn placement.

Aaaand quick question - Is there anyone who want to test this map in the state that is now? It will be deathmatch only but i rly would like to see people actually play this map. It would be a very great feeling for map maker - to see people actually play the map :)

NPC Boba Fett getting eaten if rebels win. Ala Dotf cutscene.

The things to make :

-cockpit

lol ill love to test this.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Looks amazing! Are the tentacles static or mobile? I think they could be made into wriggly tentacles with the right shader.

Can we feed it?

What exactly do you mean? Anyone can fall into the pit and for 90% of the times this will happen for every class. Only jedi/sith and mando have chance to survive this. I hope that players will like this method of killing the enemy - pushing him into the pit

k4far

Banned
Donator
What exactly do you mean? Anyone can fall into the pit and for 90% of the times this will happen for every class. Only jedi/sith and mando have chance to survive this. I hope that players will like this method of killing the enemy - pushing him into the pit

Will Sarlac play some sounds and have chewing animation as it's eating somebody or will people just fall in and die. It would be fun if Sarlac could stretch and try to reach for nearby players. It's moving in the direction of falling in Boba Fett that kind of thing.

Will Sarlac play some sounds and have chewing animation as it's eating somebody or will people just fall in and die. It would be fun if Sarlac could stretch and try to reach for nearby players. It's moving in the direction of falling in Boba Fett that kind of thing.

It has chewing animation and idle animation. Sadly i dont know how it works with following the players.. With player yeah it is following the player ;) but i was only one person on the map. Maybe later i will found the script or make trigger with script that make sarlacc look on the nearest player. Of course this is old game so i cant make wonders. The player that will fall will just fall through the sarlacc because it is not solid NPC but chew animation is there.

The sounds are there but i must came with something better than it is now. Yeah they are sarlacc sounds

Ok to be 100% clear - this is mostly my vision on the map and some plecements are movie accurate but mostly map is how i wanted to make things.

Please tell me it's based off the non special edition version.

Non special edition you mean sarlacc without the mouth? Only pit?

please please please is it based off the lego star wars level

I will look for this as the inspiration too.

I want to make one skiff that will be driveable at some point.
Behind the barge i made a lot of changes. This whole place will look like they are fixing the skiffs and barge. I will show you some screens soon