mb2_dotfv2

Hi,

Will dotf version 2 ever be released in a patch? I recall seeing some screenshots of it a while ago and it looked great... don't know what ended up happening to it though?

Upvote 0

Fang

Donator
I'm just in it for the paint job personally, I'll try it make a verdict after a few days and I expect it'll be a rejection because change is frowned around here lel

If the plan is to be followed.... a _classic version of DOTF won't be included. (There is also reasons a _classic tantive or a _classic cloud city as well,)
what's the next step of your master plan?
6059771+_058a53c4e665b67ba3f0e8e8526c488e.jpg

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I would beg you guys to include the original tbh as courtesy
Don't tell anyone I told you, but nothing is stopping anyone from saving the current dotf, and hosting it on their own server. (Of course other people would have to download it.) Don't tell anyone I told you tho shh. ;)

Don't tell anyone I told you, but nothing is stopping anyone from saving the current dotf, and hosting it on their own server. (Of course other people would have to download it.) Don't tell anyone I told you tho shh. ;)
but the population doe

Fang

Donator
9f9c16b2602536c3098d159347ff1abc.png

jokes aside o well time for deathstar 24/7????
Will see how it goes soon
AOD needs to be 'Always Original DOTF' ^)))

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Did someone say Deathstar 24/7.

Also Mace, weren't you the one who loathed Deathstar or am I thinking of someone else lol

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
on the topic of 24/7s and _classic maps, 24/7 mb2_commtower_classic server pls

maybe i'll host something like that sometime when i have an actual income

this seems a bit demanding for my toaster, idk, hopefully fps will be good. that's on me and my computer though, all the changes seem great otherwise!

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
this seems a bit demanding for my toaster, idk, hopefully fps will be good. that's on me and my computer though, all the changes seem great otherwise!

As with any upgrade it is going to be slightly more intensive than the original but the original wasn't built as well as this one is. I think it is one of my more optimized levels (for the amount of detail present). I did a lot of tricks to help keep the framerate high in several areas and it seems to pay off. There is only a 20% increase in actual detail in the level compared to the original DOTF. That number is likely to shrink as Spaghetti makes his changes and final optimization passes are done on the level. Hopefully it comes out alright as I can't exactly test on a potato anymore.

More excited for this map than any one update coming out in the future. It'll bring me back to play (without somebody actually dragging me in to play with them) for a couple weeks, at least.