mb2_dotfv2

Hi,

Will dotf version 2 ever be released in a patch? I recall seeing some screenshots of it a while ago and it looked great... don't know what ended up happening to it though?

Upvote 0

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Why not just drop 1.4.4 and upgrade dotf? It will bring more players to the dotf only servers at least xd
Four posts above you, Mace says that Spaghetti still wants to do some more testing and revisions before releasing the new dotf. Moreover, it's unlikely that 1.4.4 is done yet, so I'm really not sure what you mean by "just drop 1.4.4 and upgrade dotf."

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Is that second screenshot Main or, since it resembles Throne, is it a new version of some throne-related hall?
It's the new Main hall. There's been quite a lot of revamping of the layout as well as quite a bit more new stuff waiting to be done.

Spaghetti was wishing for a miracle of true authenticity to happen for dotfv2. Christmas wish granted as of a few hours ago :).

RG4

Believe me when I say everyone would enjoy this map because the change in layout in amazing.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Believe me when I say everyone would enjoy this map because the change in layout in amazing.
Given that it's an update to what's already the most played map, if you're right, then it'll just become even more of a dominating favorite.

(And if you're wrong, a lot of people will be mad about the changes.)

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Given that it's an update to what's already the most played map, if you're right, then it'll just become even more of a dominating favorite.

(And if you're wrong, a lot of people will be mad about the changes.)

Well it fixes several of the gripes... Removes the pit area in gen and moves the secondary objectives way closer. Gen camping isn't viable because the walkways are thinner (easier to shoot people) and something else I did in gen that I won't say. Side route travel time in general should be slightly shorter and with slightly better cover as well.

It makes main less of a sniper-haven and adds better cover along the way.

Removes catwalk which was more largely used as a place to camp and delay rather than doing much useful things.

Imperial spawn is slightly larger which fixes some of the spawning issues, has slightly better cover within it for fighting.

Secondary spawns are currently protected so that you cannot spawn in the middle of a firefight.

Throne camp in its current form is literally impossible in v2.

Side routes to throne are the only things that may change from the last revisions but everything else that has been solidified has been pretty much unanimous positive change from the testers when I was last working on it. The few complaints/problems were fixed pretty quickly. So theoretically anyway it should be much better and make dotf 24/7 more tolerable.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
But we need catwalk and gen, pweez

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
@MaceMadunusus I'm really curious how you managed to move the door panels closer, make the gen paths narrower, and get rid of pit (and, presumably, laser corridor?) without totally wrecking the cinematic aspect of the map by making the area too different from what we see in the movie.

i like the dismantlement of camping, and everything sounds great from a tactical perspective which is what I really care about, but i do have to wonder. Changing spawns so you literally "can't spawn in the middle of a fire fight" sounds like an entirely new feature, one that hasn't been seen in maps before. Either that or there's just more spawn rooms which can be invaded and spawn camped, but which, by design, aren't LIKELY to be the scene of a fire fight?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Gen looks far more movie like now than it did before. The result of doing that also meant making the paths narrower (which had a side effect of what I mentioned above). The old paths were HUGE compared to the movie. The laser corridor and such are gone in the main map but still in the duel map. Side objective handles a bit differently now than before. Doesn't do the same thing and isn't activated the same way.

Sheltered spawns. Lots of games have them. Overwatch, Team Fortress, etc. The enemy team can't go in the spawn room at all.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
That all sounds so great that I'm almost sorry i even suggested that i felt dubious about the map changes. But asking pessimistic questions led to very informative answers and I like reading all this information.