Mandos need to be nerfed.

Should mandos be nerfed?

• Total voters

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
From what I read here so far the only ppl that ask for mando nerf are the ones that can't play it. Which makes sense... I guess. Mando is good as it is imo, nothing needs to be changed about it. Just suck it up and learn to play this class. That way you will also learn how to counter it with anything else.

From what I read here so far the only ppl that ask for mando nerf are the ones that can't play it. Which makes sense... I guess. Mando is good as it is imo, nothing needs to be changed about it. Just suck it up and learn to play this class. That way you will also learn how to counter it with anything else.
Well I main mando. So I think I know what it's like.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
-They can fly. Easy getaways for jedis and gunners.
Personally, never had problems killing a mando with a jedi. Just run up at him, don't swing (odds are he'd snipe/shoot you as he goes up in the air), wait for him to panic and fly, land, repeat until he runs out of fuel, juke his shots, crouch, swing and yaw your mouse. Ez kill. Probably the easiest class to be killed as a jedi, imo. You may of course try to push him when he's jumping to start a jetpack, but that's kinda risky cuz if you fail a push he'd have like 2 seconds to snipe you.
-2nd/3rd highest health/armor not including dekas/SBD's as they both have huge handicaps for their health. 1st is Wookie. 2nd is ARC.
I'd argue here because even though both arc and wookie have the same amount of hp + armor sum (judging by what you said, I never checked tbh), they are still very squishy. Maybe it's just me but I find wookie and arc as two most challenging classes in the game for me because their HP drains really quickly. Wookie is just slow and big and arc's base speed is also slow, dexterity 3 arc is another story ofc. Hero with dash and arc with dex have a great chance of killing a mando.
-They have a unblockable flame thrower that can kill jedi very quickly and makes it very tough to get close.
Easy to dodge as well. If you're on the max range of the flamethrower, try to bait mando to use flamethrower and instantly step back. You will have enough time between him hitting his flamethrower button and the flame reaching your position. If you're attacking him, you should hit space once (jump 3) right when you cross the flamethrower range so that the flame would pass under you, and when you get close (saber range) just wait for him to use his jetpack and retreat. Repeat. Kill.
-Most of all, even after they run out of ammo, health, armor, flame thrower and jetpack fuel, they can just blow themselves up in an easy way to get a free kill.
I see no problem in using your only one-hit-kill weapon as a last resort. Plus I really enjoy rocketing my teammates.
"Oh I just shot this mandalorian as an ARC about 9 times with my sniper, he's at one health! Time to FINISH THE JO-" as i get blown up from a rocket undoing ALL of my work as he just kills himself and me in the process.
Same. Dex3/dash, try to predict where he'd launch a rocket (most likely extrapolating your movement) and either dash closer at him or retreat. Retreating is safer because he'd launch a rocket depending on your movement, and if you're moving at him he's most likely launch it closer to himself, pushing him gives you more chance to actually shoot him a few times whilst the rocket is flying. If you're playing a gunner class w/o dash, it's really fun to try to get as close as possible to him. This tactic has sometimes led to me facehugging a mando in the moment of the rocket launch, resulting into either him aiming a rocket at the ceiling and giving me like 1,5 seconds to do whatever I want with him or us both getting killed. If you can't get closer, well, rip.
I don't play ARC much so I think im wrong, I think they are balanced perfectly. Just compared to mandos they kinda suck.
I think ARCs are hard to learn, hard to master. I've seen a couple of really good arcs, yet even fewer could do something against my lightning sith. Skilled clone players are much more threatening to me than most of the arc players. Personally, I'd buff arcs, starting with increasing the base movement speed bit by bit. I also don't find ARC very fun to play as they are much less versatile than abovementioned sith, jedi or mando.
The class which really needs a big time nerf is SBD, that bish is really unkillable in 1v1 scenarios.

Last edited:
Mandos are reasonably balanced at the moment. Regarding their weapons, the ee-3 isn't the all-encompassing weapon either. It is good at medium to long range but someone competent with say the e-11 should/could destroy a mando up close. Having two snipes per magazine is possibly too much but you still need to actually land the shots.

Reactions: Nex

My wish for an EE-3 nerf comes mostly from playing it myself, not playing against it. You can pop-up from behind a corner, snipe mid range and get back immediately pretty fast. There's not much the enemy can do to even punish a failed shot (you don't have unlimited preemptive shots). You can do the same with the Projectile Rifle, it takes a bit longer to actually fire the shot and you don't have two tries in a row, tho.
Of course pop-up sniping was always pretty damn strong with Projectile Rifle in Mb2, but EE-3 takes it one step further.

Calling anything op in open mb2 is a bit ridiculous. Depends on what you consider op though...
-They can fly. Easy getaways for jedis and gunners.
That's a benefit for sure, but why would it be op. Others pointed out jedi can push you down when you try to fly etc. I won't say more about this
They have a one shot sniper rifle with 2 shots that reloads half the time as a proj rifle.
It's a controversial topic, but if you wanna call mando op, then probably this is the reason to go with haha. Add to it that you can quickly switch between rifle mode and sniper mode, which gives the benefit that you can switch between playing as a sprayer or a sniper in split seconds.
"-That sniper rifle can also be an insanely high damage weapon. It's balanced though."
You say it's balanced when it's a reason for why mando is op according to you?!
"-2nd/3rd highest health/armor not including dekas/SBD's as they both have huge handicaps for their health. 1st is Wookie. 2nd is ARC."
I'll get into this in deatils below, but their health/armor is only better than hero, bh amongst the 1 lifer class, not counting jedi/sith but they can be practically immortal with their fp/bp.
-They have a unblockable flame thrower that can kill jedi very quickly and makes it very tough to get close.
Others addressed this too, and I'd say using flame thrower is only needed against a passive jedi, who's blocking all day, if they just run straight up to you, you're better off shooting them with ee3 and drain their fp. Also I never see top tier mandos using flame thrower, they just annihilate you with ee3.
"-Most of all, even after they run out of ammo, health, armor, flame thrower and jetpack fuel, they can just blow themselves up in an easy way to get a free kill.
It could be argued that it's unfair or cheap, but well they have it. But you know, you can cheap them too with most of your class, alt frag nade and then pew pew well, if you think you won't be able shoot him down after alt frag, then just infinite them with backthrow katas, clones can blob them down. Jedi has push, hero has dash, arc has dive roll, wook can tank it, also slap/barge may be an option too if he does it really close. Every reb class has a way to deal with it, but generally just keep the distance, but most importantly never facehug a mando with rocket, let other teammates fight him and let them deal with the rocket. Last resort, shoot the rocket down and let it blow in his face. Yea it's very advanced tactic, success rate is quite low, but it's definitely a possibility, practice increases your odds, can be done accidently too. And one more, in the case which you said where you shot the mando 9 times and he's low hp, just stay calm and deliver the last shot before he can launch the rocket, preventing a low hp mando from rocketing is quite easy if you anticipate it, problem is that you're not so you start to panic and unable to give that finishing blow.

Now mando is my least played class, so I'll not really talk about that, I'll just preach about what is op etc, cause every year we have multiple threads that a certain class is op, needs nerf, we had hero is op, clone is op, wook is op, deka is op, p3 is op (hero/bh is op?) on the forums just in the last 2 years if I remember correctly. How can it be that every class gets called op in this game? Cause if you played this for a few years, you'll see every class called op at least once, it's just a habit here.
Imo an op class would have high durability, high damage and effortless way to deal its damage and can easily beat every other class. You can find good op classes in FA, for example the hazardtrooper in um_prisonraid. AOE gun (easy to land) with good damage, also has str 3 with wook slap, 200/200 health with regen armor if i remember correctly, he lacks speed at least, but still 90% of the rebs classes just gets crushed by it, and like 2-3 classes have any real chance to kill it. As the hazardtrooper you can just fuck around, not even fight back, let them shoot you for a while and then you can still easily kill them. That's the definition of op for me.

Now for the open classes: only SBD, deka, jedi/sith have any real durability, (jedi/sith is a very special case),these classes can take on more lightsaber slashes and take several shots without dieing. For deka and jedi it's because they're the only classes with regenerating resources. SBD is just that tanky and cannot be headshotted.
Wook comes close after that cause they can take 2 yellow slashes and several body shots, but wooks can go down really fast with headshots, so I consider them much less annoying than an SBD. Here I'd mention that probably the only op thing in mb2 is getting in consecutive headshots, and well it doesn't happen too often. The average hit rate in this game is horrible, newbs have like 10% hit rate regular players 40-60%, 80-100% only happens for brief moments. Main reasons high movement speed, especially high strafe speed, slower bullet speeds, spray. Well you can get better hit rate with low rate of fire weapons like sniper and pistol. Like a good proj user will hit 7/7 sometimes, depends on his targets too, cause this game is as much about dodging as much it is about aiming. But the point is when somehow you keep getting hit and if it's in the head, then you go down very fast very easily with soldier, ET, clone, bh, hero, ARC, mando doesn't matter which you use. Soldier, ET dies faster naturally.
To further emphasize headshots value, any weapon with 100% hit rate on the head (which is mostly theoritical) will look like a beast, even p1 will look very strong, and making difference between e-11, cr2/cr3, a280, t-21, m5, ee3, p3, bowcaster, sbd blaster etc. is basically impossible, they will all look very strong, killing every gunner (except deka, sbd) in 1-2 seconds. Now you can find players for each weapon, that will claim that it's op or that it's the best. And if the weapon is op then so is the class apparently. And frankly all of these weapons can look the best on a public server, as I said on average the hit rate is horrible, so if you can harness the potential of any weapon in the game better than the masses, you'll look like a beast and others will say your weapon is op.
Overall every gunner has the potential to deal high damage, landing the shots is hard with every class (some weapon is easier to aim than another), and we have 2 gunner classes with extraordinary durability. Overall I think deka, SBD could be considered op imo, cause they can kill you fast with a few shots but you can't kill them with a few shots. Dekas and wooks have situational opness, where they're invincible in some match up. Like 400 hp fury wook goes after a soldier/ET/bh. Or soldier tries to fight a 200/700 deka.

With all that said, one weapon may be stronger than the other if we were to examine it in stupid theoritical ways. Like let's say both gunner hit with every shot in the head and then we find out that ee3 triumphs over e-11 secondary, cause ee3 kills hero (100/60) with 3 headshots, meanwhile e-11 kills mando (100/100) with 5 headshots, but actually the fight is a draw, cause e-11 has higher rate of fire and the hero managed to shoot out the 5th bolt just before he got hit in the head by the 3rd bullet of the ee3, and since our hero has perfect aim and the mando cannot dodge, that bullet will hit the mando and he will die 0,45 seconds later than our hero. Draw your conclusions. Now as ridicolous as it sounds, I think the bullet numbers required to kill are something like that if all of them hit the head, but in reality many shots are missing or they hit shoulders/neck/upper chest. All I know is once I rekt a 100/75 mando with 3 pistol 1 shots in a row with pistol soldier, I know it cause he complained that he had full hp and was like WTF, only reason he could die cause all those p1 shots hit the head. And btw that mando didn't suck, he managed to kill all 3 of my lives in another round, cause in reality it all comes down to you, your opponent in that particular time, hit and don't get hit if you want to win.

Edit: I'd also like to know why ARCs aren't as powerful. Mandos are basically ARC's but the ARC sniper does like a third of the mandos sniper. ARC's also can't fly and get 2 items which sith just push away. (rockets/pulse grenades)
I'm much more comfortable with ARC than with mando, really depends on how much experience you have with each class probably, I played ARC lot more than mando. I think dex 3, stamina 3 M5 arc annihilates sith this build, you don't even really need a good hit rate with it cause the fp drain is really good on it. Just get in a burst of 3-5 bullets on a running sith, that will make them a sitting duck/jumping rabbit until they slowly run out of fp. Or if they continue running, then keep hitting him (easier said than done I know) they run out of fp quickly. Sprint and well timed jumps help you outmaneuver any slash that may come your way. Only need to be little wary of knock downs, but even that can be solved with flinch. I find it funny Helix mentioned lightning sith, if they use lightning, that means you can sprint freely for 3 or 5 seconds, but I guess many arcs still walk after they're hit with lightning, but sprint > sith speed. Add in some rolls, lightning sith should never catch you unless he gives up with lightning and goes for push ofc. Pull is the most troublesome for dex 3 arc imo, but even then flinch can still save the day. I'd say it's easier for ARC to fight sith than for mando to fight jedi, cause ARC can just outrun the saber swing, if mando can't jetpack for some reason, he has to rely on flinch often, doesn't seem to be much problem for boss mandos though. But fp drain seems to be even better for ee3.
In gunner match ups mandos seem stronger than ARC, to put it shortly.

EDIT: I didn't even vote in the poll, cause there's no exact nerf proposed in the original post. My answer for that depends on what kind of nerf do you want. EE3? What kind of ee3 nerf? EE3 is a beast in the hands of mando masters for sure. Does it need to be nerfed? I don't know, everyone can decide for themselves, I just wasted my time here instead of doing real work. :D

Last edited:
It's more balanced than inbalanced, because you can counter-snipe a mando, use stuns grenades before he jetpacks off. A jedi can get freaking close to it, all the jedi needs to do is accurately jump and swing at him and trust me it is obscure to counter that. The accurate e-11 is potentially deadlier in mid range than a spreading ee-3. Clones can kill them after one blob. Many other pitfalls for mandalorian exist. It is the opportunist class, it resolves well due its situational adaptiveness, but it shouldn't be put on a pedestal of superiority due to its different gameplay. As someone also said earlier, a lot of new players also fail to take into account the mandalorian's capabilites, misjudging them and manage to completely ignore what they are doing wrong to counter him.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Mandalorian is a near-perfect class in this game. They are not imbalanced and they are fun to play. Surprisingly high build variety and it creates room for many styles of play.

A key note here is also to never assume that any build you pick should be able to win 1:1 vs a Mandalorian of equal skill.

Anti-mando investments that give you an upper hand:
Jedi: Pull 3, Speed, Jump 3
Clone: Blobs, Reinforcement
Hero: Dash, Dodge, Pistol 3, Proj, Armour 3
Wookiee: Strength 3, Fury 2, Bowcaster 2-3, Health 3
ARC: Dex 3, Pulse grenades
ET: A280 2, Sonic Det, Reinforcement
Sold: Reinforcements

A good player adapts. Pick a kit that performs well on your current map, team setup and enemy setup.

If the majority is right on this and Manda's (including EE-3) are in fact perfectly balanced with other classes, there is something i don't get. Is my experience completely out of touch, that when it comes to weapon of choice top Manda's are prefering EE-3 over Westars in 95+% of cases? If my experience is
representative, this should be a clear sign that EE-3 is way stronger than Westars. Is your opinion that Westars on their own are way underpowered?

If the majority is right on this and Manda's (including EE-3) are in fact perfectly balanced with other classes, there is something i don't get. Is my experience completely out of touch, that when it comes to weapon of choice top Manda's are prefering EE-3 over Westars in 95+% of cases? If my experience is
representative, this should be a clear sign that EE-3 is way stronger than Westars. Is your opinion that Westars on their own are way underpowered?
That's not on topic according to the OP, but I personally don't play westars for the same reason I don't play dual pistols with arc -- the off center mode of firing tends to mislead your accuracy, especially in close range and it's pretty unreliable in that range, unlike EE-3 and M5. Damage and fp drain on westars are however pretty appealing and annoying for the enemy, however I still tend to choose EE-3 over them because you can stop the enemy in one shot and do it effectively around corners and other obstactles. EE-3 paradoxically has more stopping influence than westars and in that I think lies the issue, because something that applies less firepower (depending on its usage) has more effect doesn't seem natural. Also skill doesn't reward westars as much as it does EE-3.

Westars will be a niche alternative until they start having a good reason to be chosen.

Last edited:
That's not on topic according to the OP
It's not in line with OP's reasoning, but perfectly fits into arguing the question of the poll. The problem here is i don't agree with OP's reasoning at all. The one thing he states as balanced is the only thing i want to see adjusted. And while OP's reasoning makes it sound like there is a major Manda nerf needed, all i want is a minor change of how the EE-3 is working. And since this would be a minor Manda nerf i can't vote 'No'. The poll just isn't only asking if you agree with the OP.

Last edited: