Mandos need to be nerfed.

Should mandos be nerfed?

• Total voters
BEFORE YOU GUYS START COMMENTING AND SLAMMING YOUR KEYBOARDS TO TELL ME HOW IM RETARDED JUST HOLD ON!

Give me time to explain please.

Mandalorians are overpowered. Heres why:

-They can fly. Easy getaways for jedis and gunners.
-They have a one shot sniper rifle with 2 shots that reloads half the time as a proj rifle.
-That sniper rifle can also be an insanely high damage weapon. It's balanced though.
-2nd/3rd highest health/armor not including dekas/SBD's as they both have huge handicaps for their health. 1st is Wookie. 2nd is ARC.
-They have a unblockable flame thrower that can kill jedi very quickly and makes it very tough to get close.
-Most of all, even after they run out of ammo, health, armor, flame thrower and jetpack fuel, they can just blow themselves up in an easy way to get a free kill.

The last point is the one that pisses me off the most. "Oh I just shot this mandalorian as an ARC about 9 times with my sniper, he's at one health! Time to FINISH THE JO-" as i get blown up from a rocket undoing ALL of my work as he just kills himself and me in the process.

Don't get me wrong, mandos have weaknesses for sure. AND don't forget that I main mandos. I play them all the time, so I know how it works. The other day I won a 1v9 as a mando. That isn't bragging, that's just saying how stupid powerful they are. Halfway through i ran out of ammo and literally killed 4 jedi with just a pistol 1 and my flamethrower. It's stupid.

Edit: I'd also like to know why ARCs aren't as powerful. Mandos are basically ARC's but the ARC sniper does like a third of the mandos sniper. ARC's also can't fly and get 2 items which sith just push away. (rockets/pulse grenades)
I don't play ARC much so I think im wrong, I think they are balanced perfectly. Just compared to mandos they kinda suck.

Please comment and tell me your opinions, if you're going to flame me and tell me I don't know anything, at least give me a reason why you think a fully healthed, one shot sniper, flying, flamethrowing, rocketeering unstoppable beast doesn't need to be nerfed.

EE-3 definitely needs an adjustment, agree completely.

It's hard to say if the rocket needs to be nerfed. Sure it's great when you catch a hero in a hallway where they can't dodge it, but it is also easily countered by jedi/knockdowns or wasted on a single soldier. And that's 15 points down the drain. Not sure.

Flamethrower is super niche and as such I don't think it needs any nerfs. Most of the time you don't even have an opportunity to use it well, so it's 10 points that could have went into armor/ammo. Disagree.

I would also like to add that Wrist blaster and Westars need a good buff. The wrist thingy is simply clunky, awkward and borderline useless.
Westars are great fun to use, but they are no match for the mighty EE-3. A small buff would be great.

EE-3 definitely needs an adjustment, agree completely.

It's hard to say if the rocket needs to be nerfed. Sure it's great when you catch a hero in a hallway where they can't dodge it, but it is also easily countered by jedi/knockdowns or wasted on a single soldier. And that's 15 points down the drain. Not sure.

Flamethrower is super niche and as such I don't think it needs any nerfs. Most of the time you don't even have an opportunity to use it well, so it's 10 points that could have went into armor/ammo. Disagree.

I would also like to add that Wrist blaster and Westars need a good buff. The wrist thingy is simply clunky, awkward and borderline useless.
Westars are great fun to use, but they are no match for the mighty EE-3. A small buff would be great.

Yeah, some options I put out there weren't really there to say they were overpowered, but just to point out how much power the class has.
Flamethrower is super good and I think is really balanced.

Like I said with the rocket, It's just annoying when I'm a 1-life gunner and I spend all my ammo and resources to kill a mando and he just ALLAHU's me and I die. It's so stupidly frustrating.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.
So mandos can't fly?
doesnt have the highest armor/health aside from ARC/Wook?
Mandos dont have rockets or flamethrowers?
Mandos can't one shot pretty much every class aside from wookie or possibly a hero?

Please tell me why you think I'm wrong.

So mandos can't fly?
Mandos can't one shot pretty much every class aside from wookie or possibly a hero?

nonono. You see, everything was wrong from his point of view. Gotta keep in mind those points of view.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
So mandos can't fly?

It's a quote from TLJ, figured that would be obvious. Anyway, you're wrong about them being overpowered. They are a balanced class that if anything need a few small buffs to fix some underpowered stuff.

Jetpack trajectory is easy to lead and shoot flying Mandos out of the sky.

I rarely get full armor as Mando because I find ammo more useful, but still yeah they can be tanky but that's their canon. High quality armor.

Rockets are situational weapons that are expensive and give little impact unless you get a magic flank on a tight cluster. Loud start up noise plus not an instant kill for most classes, also it's a 1 off.

EE-3 sniper mode does less damage than Proj and flies slower while also using the main gun's ammo. Sure it's nice to have 2 shots if you can get some backshots. But 1 shot most classes? Not really, unless you get pure headshots, Proj 1 hits on body hits more often.

The way points are laid out you can't go balls to the wall arsenal. If you could grab full fuel, armor, sniper, flamer, ammo and rocket then yeah that'd be a bit much. But you can't. They're a pretty balanced class.

What they really need is some kind of buff to when knocked down, like a faster getup or possibly jetpack activation while on the ground. That and a wrist laser buff, I would prefer something like a cooldown instead of it outright breaking, or maybe have it work while on the ground. Besides those 2 things I'd like to see a reason to pick Westars over EE-3 (and skins for those weapons like we see in Rebels and TCW).

I agree that they need a nerf, but they don't need it nearly as bad as Hero/BH does, or the obvious one, Wook/SBD.

(Seriously, so many kill options for BH!I)

-They can fly. Easy getaways for jedis and gunners.
They can easily get shot while flying or be pushed into a corner to avoid the fleeing, so its not guaranteed to scape if you playing vs good enemies.

-They have a one shot sniper rifle with 2 shots that reloads half the time as a proj rifle.
Every 1 live class has strong weapon. Disruptor is a hitscan sniper, M5westar primary is strong af and lets not forget CR3 or godcaster.

-2nd/3rd highest health/armor not including dekas/SBD's as they both have huge handicaps for their health. 1st is Wookie. 2nd is ARC.
If you pick armor 3 you cant have fuel 3 + flamethorwer + rocket + sniper. Points make the class balanced.

-They have a unblockable flame thrower that can kill jedi very quickly and makes it very tough to get close.
-Most of all, even after they run out of ammo, health, armor, flame thrower and jetpack fuel, they can just blow themselves up in an easy way to get a free kill.

The last point is the one that pisses me off the most. "Oh I just shot this mandalorian as an ARC about 9 times with my sniper, he's at one health! Time to FINISH THE JO-" as i get blown up from a rocket undoing ALL of my work as he just kills himself and me in the process.

Arc can dive, hero can dash, clones can blob and jedi can push. Again rocket isnt a guaranteed kill if your enemies are good.

Edit: I'd also like to know why ARCs aren't as powerful. Mandos are basically ARC's but the ARC sniper does like a third of the mandos sniper. ARC's also can't fly and get 2 items which sith just push away. (rockets/pulse grenades)
M5 westar primary fire has more dps and the fact you can shoot while getting up after a push makes arc very strong vs sith. I dont think mando is more powerfull

Reactions: Nex
They can easily get shot while flying or be pushed into a corner to avoid the fleeing, so its not guaranteed to scape if you playing vs good enemies.

Every 1 live class has strong weapon. Disruptor is a hitscan sniper, M5westar primary is strong af and lets not forget CR3 or godcaster.

If you pick armor 3 you cant have fuel 3 + flamethorwer + rocket + sniper. Points make the class balanced.

Arc can dive, hero can dash, clones can blob and jedi can push. Again rocket isnt a guaranteed kill if your enemies are good.

M5 westar primary fire has more dps and the fact you can shoot while getting up after a push makes arc very strong vs sith. I dont think mando is more powerfull
Thanks for giving me your full explanation. I agree with your points that you can't get everything, but they still seem like much. Sure you can always counter mandos flying but It's frustrating to play against them. Especially when there's two of them and so you just get crapped on as a jedi or you get double-sniped as a hero.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, but a EE-3 sniper mode nerf would be enough for me.
I agree. I'm not calling for a full CEASE AND DESIST on mandos, just some minor changes to help them be more balanced. On a good day I get about 3-5 kills per round with a mando, and the only reason I don't get more is because ammo.

It's a quote from TLJ, figured that would be obvious. Anyway, you're wrong about them being overpowered. They are a balanced class that if anything need a few small buffs to fix some underpowered stuff.

Jetpack trajectory is easy to lead and shoot flying Mandos out of the sky.

I rarely get full armor as Mando because I find ammo more useful, but still yeah they can be tanky but that's their canon. High quality armor.

Rockets are situational weapons that are expensive and give little impact unless you get a magic flank on a tight cluster. Loud start up noise plus not an instant kill for most classes, also it's a 1 off.

EE-3 sniper mode does less damage than Proj and flies slower while also using the main gun's ammo. Sure it's nice to have 2 shots if you can get some backshots. But 1 shot most classes? Not really, unless you get pure headshots, Proj 1 hits on body hits more often.

The way points are laid out you can't go balls to the wall arsenal. If you could grab full fuel, armor, sniper, flamer, ammo and rocket then yeah that'd be a bit much. But you can't. They're a pretty balanced class.

What they really need is some kind of buff to when knocked down, like a faster getup or possibly jetpack activation while on the ground. That and a wrist laser buff, I would prefer something like a cooldown instead of it outright breaking, or maybe have it work while on the ground. Besides those 2 things I'd like to see a reason to pick Westars over EE-3 (and skins for those weapons like we see in Rebels and TCW).
Thanks for the reply. I know what you were quoting from but I just wanted an explanation why you thought I was wrong. I agree with some of your points but mandos still need a slight nerf. Maybe a change to damage or maybe just little things like health,armor, or even flight speed? I'm not sure. They just seem like a really volatile class compared to others.

I voted yes because in my opinion, the only thing that should have been changed with Mandolorians is their bread and butter; the EE-3.
It's worth to note that the sniper mode is literally superior to the proj. rifle in almost everything, but killing the Wookiees. It's just silly how they can fire(and quickscope) the sniper shots twice with a reload faster than the projectile rifle with no delay between shooting or scoping, or more importantly how they're incredibly mobile since they don't suffer any slow during scoping. It's just plain bad game designing. You can't simply make a sniper class/hero that's incredibly mobile.

I voted yes because in my opinion, the only thing that should have been changed with Mandolorians is their bread and butter; the EE-3.
It's worth to note that the sniper mode is literally superior to the proj. rifle in almost everything, but killing the Wookiees. It's just silly how they can fire(and quickscope) the sniper shots twice with a reload faster than the projectile rifle with no delay between shooting or scoping, or more importantly how they're incredibly mobile since they don't suffer any slow during scoping. It's just plain bad game designing. You can't simply make a sniper class/hero that's incredibly mobile.
What you just said made me realize that is the problem. The mando can peek corners insanely fast even when scoped it.
Also, I wish i pointed this out more. The fact that one projectile rifle takes like 6 seconds to load, a mando can reload his full clip in about 3 seconds.

So on average if a proj did 150 and a mando sniper did 100. Doing the math:
Proj Rifle in 3.5? seconds = 1 shot, and a reload -
1 shot = 150 damage +
limited (half speed) mobility while scoped in -
slower reload times -

EE-3 Sniper in 3 seconds = 2 shots, plus a reload +
1 shot = 100 damage -
full mobility (flying) while reloading +
full mobility while scoped in +
faster reload times +

So on average, a proj rifle does 150 damage in 3.5 seconds.
So on average, a EE-3 sniper does 200 damage in 3 seconds.

I know it's odd to compare two different classes but overall, a proj does one shot about every class but so does an EE-3, and even if the EE-3 doesnt one shot, the person would still be at 3 health so you just switch to auto-fire and get one shot off.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team

So basically you don't hate Mandos but your problem is really with snipers? I would agree pop sniping is a bad mechanic, but one thing I wouldn't want to change is sniper shots while flying because that's just cool and hard to do. I feel like all snipers should have accuracy debuffs if they have moved for the last X seconds (like 2 or 3) before firing.

So basically you don't hate Mandos but your problem is really with snipers? I would agree pop sniping is a bad mechanic, but one thing I wouldn't want to change is sniper shots while flying because that's just cool and hard to do. I feel like all snipers should have accuracy debuffs if they have moved for the last X seconds (like 2 or 3) before firing.
Ehm I think the reason I don't like mandos is the snipers. So probably. I just think mandos has way too many good uses and arsenal compared to any other class.

Gunners? Sniper.
Jedi dueling? Sniper.
Jedi with low fp? Sniper.
pesky gunner or ARC? Rocket.
Jedi caught off guard? Rocket.
Gotta run from a gunner? Fly.
Jedi spends 30 seconds running to you? Fly.
Jedi too close? Flame.

I mean It's the same with other classes, I just feel a slight nerf would be needed. Even something just like slow movement speed when scoped in, and maybe reload speed for the EE-3 be halfed? literally 75% of deaths on reb side as a gunner is just getting sniped from a mando who can snipe like 35 times lol.

Compared to an ARC:

Gunners? Sniper that takes like 4 shots.
Sith charging you? Eh just roll a few feet.
Sith pushes you? Shoot while down IF you have dex2? or 3?
ARC's rockets are bad because you can't fly and just drop a rocket on some dude. You have to sit on the ground and wait.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team

Well I mean you can say stuff like that vs any class. BH/Hero have same applications for sniping. Also you're not going to see a mando with rocket, flamer, and sniper unless he has shit for fuel and only uses it for flamer. Also mando has slow running speed compared to the other 1 lifers, so jetpack makes up for that. It's a limited resource, you get 1 full flight of 8? (iirc) seconds per level. That's not much flying.

Honestly, for rocket, I hardly ever use it because of how situational and risky it is to use. I mean 15 points to 1 hit a multi lifer or severely damage a 1 lifer which also leaves you immobile for a few seconds. You can get shot to death before it even goes off or just pushed over, or just eat your own rocket. It's only good really for flanking attacks on enemy backs. Also it's got a loud warning noise before it even launches.

People only feel mando is unbalanced because of their ability to attack through jedi block and effectively disengage a jedi by flying away, IMO. But put together the fact that they can get knocked over while attempting to start the jetpack, slow getup times, and the bugginess of flinch and stairs in maps... Jedi still usually win.

I kill much more Sith as ARC than I do Jedi as Mando. The ability to effectively dodge their attacks and counter their main mode of attack (push) works much better than a very close range DoT attack. Any Jedi that knows what they're doing will charge through flame or pull you. ARCs even have perfect accuracy all the time with pistols or level 2 M5!

Don't let the influx of new players bias your views just because they don't play well yet.

Nerf...? If anything they need a buff.
I am tired of scoring sniper shots on clones/heros only to realise I need to shoot again. Ye, these bastards can sometimes survive HS' too.
I miss times when mandos had acces to e-11 and distuptor.