•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Little game data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I launch the game it loads up like it's supposed to, but if I try to start a solo game I have no maps available except the jedi order training grouds, and when I launch it says the vehicle extensions are too large. I also can't join any servers as none are shown.

Please help ASAP. Thank you

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
When you are in main menu, open console with Shift + ` (it's above Tab button) and type:
/map <map_name>
<map_name> values can be seen in MBII folder, there are .pk3 files with different maps. For example, there's mb2_duel_training.pk3 there. If you want to play that map, you type in console:
/map mb2_duel_training
And hit enter.
For the first time you'll be thrown back to menu with error "This gametype isn't currently supported in Moviebattles 2", in this case just open console again, press arrow up (this will return the latest command) and hit enter again. You may also want to set:
g_MinMBPoints 80
Also note that there are no bots for MBII yet, so you'll be alone on that map.
Have fun.

As for servers, make sure that your filter (in top left) is set to Internet.

When you are in main menu, open console with Shift + ` (it's above Tab button) and type:
/map <map_name>
<map_name> values can be seen in MBII folder, there are .pk3 files with different maps. For example, there's mb2_duel_training.pk3 there. If you want to play that map, you type in console:
/map mb2_duel_training
And hit enter.
For the first time you'll be thrown back to menu with error "This gametype isn't currently supported in Moviebattles 2", in this case just open console again, press arrow up (this will return the latest command) and hit enter again. You may also want to set:
g_MinMBPoints 80
Also note that there are no bots for MBII yet, so you'll be alone on that map.
Have fun.

As for servers, make sure that your filter (in top left) is set to Internet.
I put in that command and it says 'Can't find map maps/<map_name>.bsp' in the console.
I can get in to the online servers now but whenever I select a team it says 'Error loading teams in UI' and returns me to the main menu.
Also will there be any way to get bots in these maps?

Have you downloaded MBII? Please make a screenshot of GameData folder and main menu.

Have you read my last sentence?
upload_2016-1-2_16-44-3.png

upload_2016-1-2_16-44-17.png

and yes I read your last sentence, I meant it as is it possible to add bots from other modifications in to these maps

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-2_16-43-54.png
    upload_2016-1-2_16-43-54.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 272

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Delete your jampconfig.cfg file and try joining a server before you change any of the settings.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
No, it should work out of the box. I'm assumed that you've verified integrity of both JKA and MB2?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
okay well do you have any idea how I can fix my server joining problem?
I meant it as is it possible to add bots from other modifications in to these maps
Did you install some third-party mods? If yes, maybe that's the reason you can't join in?
Who do run game? Steam or launcher? if Steam, try switch to launcher and in reverse. Also in launcher you should pick "MBII", not "JAMP".
Also will there be any way to get bots in these maps?
While it's not possible to get bots, you add NPCs.
Bots | Movie Battles II Community

Did you install some third-party mods? If yes, maybe that's the reason you can't join in?
Who do run game? Steam or launcher? if Steam, try switch to launcher and in reverse. Also in launcher you should pick "MBII", not "JAMP".

While it's not possible to get bots, you add NPCs.
Bots | Movie Battles II Community
Shall I do a complete uninstall and reinstall? See if that works.
How do you get NPCs? I can't load any single player maps anyway.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Shall I do a complete uninstall and reinstall? See if that works.
Not yet. It just looks like by your previous posts that you've not just installed Steam, JA, and MB2 but also some other stuff. If you actually did, delete it.
How do you get NPCs? I can't load any single player maps anyway.
There is manual in topic by the link. But you should start from switching between Steam and launcher.

Not yet. It just looks like by your previous posts that you've not just installed Steam, JA, and MB2 but also some other stuff. If you actually did, delete it.

There is manual in topic by the link. But you should start from switching between Steam and launcher.
Yeah I did but I'm not sure which is for JA and which is the other stuff could you help me with that?
Okay ill use the manual, I use the launcher already

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Yeah I did but I'm not sure which is for JA and which is the other stuff could you help me with that?
Okay ill use the manual, I use the launcher already
Well actually how can I know how to remove something that you just mentioned? What exactly did you installed?
I think you just need to delete third-party files, you should know better than I what you downloaded.
And yes, also please do what @Supa said.

So you can't join server starting game with launcher? Did you pick MBII client? And what happens when you run game through the Steam?

I installed the @Evolution of Combat IV' mod, I deleted most files but those in the Game Data folder got mixed with the original files. I meant would you know from my image above which are the original files so I can delete the rest.

I verified the game through steam and two files were reacquired.
I can join the server but whenever I pick a team it returns me to the main menu. Yes I picked that client in the launcher. When I launch through steam no servers are shown in the list it just constantly refreshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.