Lightning

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
Gunners literally cannot counter it. Its range is further than push. Sith can hold it for so long without draining their fp. If the sith jumps after you, you cannot get away even if you run. It kills full hp/armor heroes. Nerf pls

Preston

Nerd
If it's op, why is no one using it?
Probably be cause it isn't very fun to use either, it needs a rework. It takes tons of fps but is a free kill if you arnt brain dead while using it. Needs a rework to be fun and balanced, it also takes a ton of your class points, so it's either be a lightning whore or any other normal build that's more balanced with its points.

I don't think lightning should be nerfed. You should try playing as a sith with lightning sometime and you will see it is actually difficult to use. Yes you can kill with it and it keep you from shooting but it drains your FP really fast and so you are completely open to blaster fire both during your lightning strike (if you miss or there is another gunner you are dead) and after your lightning because you have no FP left. The range of lightning is already pathetically short and it misses most of the time. Combined with how much it costs (meaning you give up push/pull and deflect and possibly saber defense 3 I don't remember exactly) and I'd say it's pretty fair. It can seem unfair perhaps if you play gunner a lot but if you try playing as sith and use lightning you will find it's not OP and is rather hard to use. So no nerf needed imo

Also I don't know what you are on about, that somehow lightning has greater range than a force push. You can push someone down from a very long ways away. If a jedi is low on FP you can push them down from across a room, far greater range than lightning.

Also I don't know what you are on about, that somehow lightning has greater range than a force push. You can push someone down from a very long ways away. If a jedi is low on FP you can push them down from across a room, far greater range than lightning.
I'm not sure you have very much expierence playing then, if you use lightning 3 push that clearly has more range than Push 3.

I don't think lightning should be nerfed. You should try playing as a sith with lightning sometime and you will see it is actually difficult to use. Yes you can kill with it and it keep you from shooting but it drains your FP really fast and so you are completely open to blaster fire both during your lightning strike (if you miss or there is another gunner you are dead) and after your lightning because you have no FP left. The range of lightning is already pathetically short and it misses most of the time. Combined with how much it costs (meaning you give up push/pull and deflect and possibly saber defense 3 I don't remember exactly) and I'd say it's pretty fair. It can seem unfair perhaps if you play gunner a lot but if you try playing as sith and use lightning you will find it's not OP and is rather hard to use. So no nerf needed imo
And a sith with full FP lightning 3 kills almost all classes before there FP is fully depleted.

Fang

Donator
all i've learned is

when i get triggered by dodge wars
i go lightning 3 and say haha how does it feel

Not to bring up a comparison to the effectiveness of other powers, but if we compare Lightning to Pull, I'll chose fighting a Lightning Sith 10 out of 10 times. Pull is really good at permanently disarming a gunner, and if you're trying to egress a bad situation, it removes your ability to do so completely. It's also a knockdown on top of that. Lightning does damage instead of a disarm + knockdown, but the catch is that with pull the sith will just follow up with a stab. It's way more effective and I want to believe I see more Pull Sith at the top of the leaderboard than Lightning Sith.

TL;DR: Lightning isn't the most lethal tool in a Sith's arsenal. Nerfing it won't necessarily nerf the class, or give you a better chance at survival.

Not to bring up a comparison to the effectiveness of other powers, but if we compare Lightning to Pull, I'll chose fighting a Lightning Sith 10 out of 10 times. Pull is really good at permanently disarming a gunner, and if you're trying to egress a bad situation, it removes your ability to do so completely. It's also a knockdown on top of that. Lightning does damage instead of a disarm + knockdown, but the catch is that with pull the sith will just follow up with a stab. It's way more effective and I want to believe I see more Pull Sith at the top of the leaderboard than Lightning Sith.

TL;DR: Lightning isn't the most lethal tool in a Sith's arsenal. Nerfing it won't necessarily nerf the class, or give you a better chance at survival.
true, but pull can't pull 3-5 guys at a time but push 3 and lighting 3 can.

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
I play everything. It's a class with wallhacks that can lurk and instakill a group of gunners if they don't know he's there

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
i
Lightning is a one off, situational ability.

Lightning can't push back nades or rockets for insta kill no counter.

Push is superior.
if a gunner walks, they don't get pushed. Against lightning? if the gunner walks, he gets lightninged to death. If he stands still, he gets lightninged to death. If he runs, he gets lightning pushed or chased with the lightning 3 hop that you cannot escape. Absolutely no counter to being lightninged

i

if a gunner walks, they don't get pushed. Against lightning? if the gunner walks, he gets lightninged to death. If he stands still, he gets lightninged to death. If he runs, he gets lightning pushed or chased with the lightning 3 hop that you cannot escape. Absolutely no counter to being lightninged
if you stand completely still, the initial knockback from lightning push knocks you so far back that it can no longer reach you.

i

I'm going to willingly use a tu quoque logical fallacy and counter by saying MB2 has a lot of "no counter" methods of killing. It's not a balanced game.

The question we really need to ask is: should MB2 have hard counters, or should every attack have a built in counter for the defender?

Sag

Internal Beta Team
Yes this isn't a balanced game, most games aren't balanced unless it were to be the same gun for everyone, same damage on everything, same everything. But you must instead look at it and ask how can you make the game better. Right now lightning is stupid. There is really nothing you can do against it if the sith knows what they're doing. They can abuse lightning like dodge, in and out of cover bursting it where they will still have enough fp to block shots with their saber and kill you, or they can just outright kill you with it in a 1v1 or something holding it down while there is nothing you can do.

tldr lightning is a resident sleeper force ability, lame to go against

Yes this isn't a balanced game, most games aren't balanced unless it were to be the same gun for everyone, same damage on everything, same everything. But you must instead look at it and ask how can you make the game better. Right now lightning is stupid. There is really nothing you can do against it if the sith knows what they're doing. They can abuse lightning like dodge, in and out of cover bursting it where they will still have enough fp to block shots with their saber and kill you, or they can just outright kill you with it in a 1v1 or something holding it down while there is nothing you can do.

tldr lightning is a resident sleeper force ability, lame to go against

Most classes will outright lose against grip 3, too, in a 1 v 1 setting. A sith will outright lose against a gloan with blob or a trooper with insta-nade. Most every class in the game, sans Deka, Sith, and Mando, will outright lose to a rage wookiee. EVERY class without quick get-up can be chain-kata'd with no ability to break the chain.

All of those (blob, insta-nade, rage wooke, kata-chains, etc) are lame to go against. They're all unbalanced because the defender has no way to survive them. If we nerf lightning, we should also nerf every other non-counterable attack in the game. As a Jedi/Sith main I'll be happy not to ever have to worry about insta-nade and blob anymore!

Most classes will outright lose against grip 3, too, in a 1 v 1 setting. A sith will outright lose against a gloan with blob or a trooper with insta-nade. Most every class in the game, sans Deka, Sith, and Mando, will outright lose to a rage wookiee. EVERY class without quick get-up can be chain-kata'd with no ability to break the chain.

All of those (blob, insta-nade, rage wooke, kata-chains, etc) are lame to go against. They're all unbalanced because the defender has no way to survive them. If we nerf lightning, we should also nerf every other non-counterable attack in the game. As a Jedi/Sith main I'll be happy not to ever have to worry about insta-nade and blob anymore!
Honestly that balances out the sith vs gunner fight, i've seen sith trick people out to insta nading and using blob. Then i've seen gunners get sith with blob or insta nade. I think that part of the encounter is really balanced. Why does everyone think wookie is broke too? Wookies get killed more then they actually kill sith....