Lightning

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
Gunners literally cannot counter it. Its range is further than push. Sith can hold it for so long without draining their fp. If the sith jumps after you, you cannot get away even if you run. It kills full hp/armor heroes. Nerf pls

The Unguided

Movie Battles II Team
Timing is usually crucial. If you throw grenade first, then you likely survive since there's no counter when the Sith is already on the floor defenseless. When the Sith uses lightning on you first, they will endure since you are already stunned defenseless.

So I partially disagree - even though sometimes it's a nuisance against Lightning user Sith - but by right timing you can get the upper hand. Throwing grenades at a suspicious force user Sith can prevent you from being fried from lightning. Or blob, melee, run, use territorial advantages (when it applies)

I'd rather buff stuff than nerf anything at this point. Constant buffing then nerfing things leads us to nothing just shuffling puppets on a table without going anywhere reaching nothing. That's not evolution. Evolve the lower abilities to the already upper abilities.

Nonetheless seeing soldiers with daggers could be considered I think. Remember SW TOR 'Hope' trailer when the Havoc Trooper charges on lightning user Darth Malgus.

Last edited:
Best way to counter lightning is just to never put yourself in a situation where you would be very vulnerable to it and if you have to, make sure you have backup to attack the lightning user while they are vulnerable

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
If the sith just holds lightning, it eats his fp very fast and is vulnerable while doing it, so its risk reward thing
They can kill a full hero without fully draining their fp. The fp drain needs to be increased, or the range and damage need to be lowered. Jedi/sith should not have an op ranged option when they already have instant kill glowsticks and the most mobility and utility in the game on top of damage reduction.

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
Best way to counter lightning is just to never put yourself in a situation where you would be very vulnerable to it and if you have to, make sure you have backup to attack the lightning user while they are vulnerable
surprise lightning 3 sith hiding in 1 corner for the whole round. You're dead

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
Timing is usually crucial. If you throw grenade first, then you likely survive since there's no counter when the Sith is already on the floor defenseless. When the Sith uses lightning on you first, they will endure since you are already stunned defenseless.

So I partially disagree - even though sometimes it's a nuisance against Lightning user Sith - but by right timing you can get the upper hand. Throwing grenades at a suspicious force user Sith can prevent you from being fried from lightning. Or blob, melee, run, use territorial advantages (when it applies)

I'd rather buff stuff than nerf anything at this point. Constant buffing then nerfing things leads us to nothing just shuffling puppets on a table without going anywhere reaching nothing. That's not evolution. Evolve the lower abilities to the already upper abilities.

Nonetheless seeing soldiers with daggers could be considered I think. Remember SW TOR 'Hope' trailer when the Havoc Trooper charges on lightning user Darth Malgus.
If I throw a grenade at a sith, it's going to be pushed back unless they're bad. I can't sec nade them because lightning has more range than push, so they'll never get close enough to get hit by it unless I throw an insanely good sec nade. I have to stand still to counter lightning push, and I have to move to not die of lightning damage. It's counter-intuitive. The people that hop and use lightning are the biggest issue though. That's really what needs to be fixed ASAP because that's completely broken. Gunner cannot escape that even if they run.

Changes I'd like to be done to lightning are as follows

Lightning with fists should lock you out of abilities for 1 second when you deactivate instead of 2 seconds, that way forcewhores still have options against nade/rockets after going on the offense.

Lightning 3 damage should remain unchanged imo because it costs 27 points to get and it eats through FP super quickly, however, gunners should get the ability to do some sort of melee attack like a gunbash while stunned so if they land the hit on the sith, it cancels lightning and locks it out for about 2 seconds (perhaps something that could be purchased on certain classes like cc, or just make it so gunners can still use melee while affected by lightning). This would allow the gunners to have a way to counter a sith who does nothing but L3, an experienced sith could avoid it by jumping or legsweeping when the gunner approaches them.

I like this approach because then it would bring the same scenario as with flamethrower in terms of mixups. The gunners could either run away to play it safe, or push up to go on the offense by pushing into the sith and trying to knock him over. The sith could avoid the melee by jumping, but that would make an easy target for the enemies teammates (and the gunner could just time a jumpkick for when the sith lands), or they can turn off lightning and jumpkick or legsweep. This would bring in more mixups from both sides.

A$APRocky

US Official Server Admin

Lightning with fists should lock you out of abilities for 1 second when you deactivate instead of 2 seconds, that way forcewhores still have options against nade/rockets after going on the offense.

Lightning 3 damage should remain unchanged imo because it costs 27 points to get and it eats through FP super quickly, however, gunners should get the ability to do some sort of melee attack like a gunbash while stunned so if they land the hit on the sith, it cancels lightning and locks it out for about 2 seconds (perhaps something that could be purchased on certain classes like cc, or just make it so gunners can still use melee while affected by lightning). This would allow the gunners to have a way to counter a sith who does nothing but L3, an experienced sith could avoid it by jumping or legsweeping when the gunner approaches them.

I like this approach because then it would bring the same scenario as with flamethrower in terms of mixups. The gunners could either run away to play it safe, or push up to go on the offense by pushing into the sith and trying to knock him over. The sith could avoid the melee by jumping, but that would make an easy target for the enemies teammates (and the gunner could just time a jumpkick for when the sith lands), or they can turn off lightning and jumpkick or legsweep. This would bring in more mixups from both sides.
I rly like these changes

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team

I like the melee idea. I'm fine with damage being unchanged as long as the range is nerfed because it's ridiculous

Range needs to be unchanged, If it gets reduced, then gunners will always just back off safely, and the sith wouldn't have many options after that because of being locked out of force powers for 2 seconds, and the L3 would have drained a hefty chunk of their FP. Gunners shouldn't have an easy no-risk counter to this ability, because the sith is taking a risk by using it in the first place, the sith needs to position himself so that he can affect enough people so he doesn't get shot at, and so that he has a possible escape route should they get out of his range. If he runs out of FP and there are targets still living, he has no ways of escaping, and even if he does still have force, there are 2 full seconds where he cant interrupt any chasers without expending a lot of FP/HP.

If the gunners were to position themselves so one Nade gunner is outside of the lightning range, he wouldn't be able to hit the bulk of the group without being at risk of getting instantly naded, cause a sith WILL NOT be able to push back nades immediately after using lightning.

GeneralKenobi

Internal Beta Team
Range needs to be unchanged, If it gets reduced, then gunners will always just back off safely, and the sith wouldn't have many options after that because of being locked out of force powers for 2 seconds, and the L3 would have drained a hefty chunk of their FP. Gunners shouldn't have an easy no-risk counter to this ability, because the sith is taking a risk by using it in the first place, the sith needs to position himself so that he can affect enough people so he doesn't get shot at, and so that he has a possible escape route should they get out of his range. If he runs out of FP and there are targets still living, he has no ways of escaping, and even if he does still have force, there are 2 full seconds where he cant interrupt any chasers without expending a lot of FP/HP.

If the gunners were to position themselves so one Nade gunner is outside of the lightning range, he wouldn't be able to hit the bulk of the group without being at risk of getting instantly naded, cause a sith WILL NOT be able to push back nades immediately after using lightning.
This is fair, but I think the range could be nerfed slightly without affecting the sith too badly. My main concern is the jumping lightning spam that gunners can't run out of before dying, but I also feel like jedi/sith should not have this powerful of a ranged option when they're already the most op class in the game. Maybe make lightning a bit harder to aim? Cause right now, it's pretty much just a lot of unavoidable damage, and movement against it is counter-intuitive. Grip also suffers from the movement issue since they can grip and push immediately when you're forced to run from the grip. Jedi/Sith just get a lot of undeserved free kills on experienced gunners all the time even when not using these broken force powers, so them having all these strong options on top of damage reduction feels like overkill. Honestly just remove damage reduction and I won't care how broken lightning is because the sith will actually die when shot 9 times.

in an open area, its fucking garbage
in every map in this game that's tight corner camping (to an already imperial obj sided map) it's impossible if you dont have a wook with str3 and a jedi with fb2 min

I think most people don't realize that the maps are so poorly designed balance-wise, they start to believe force powers are OP. There's a reason you see way more sith on deathstar than say dotf_classic. Deathstar side route is literally a siths dream. Tight corridor, easy escape route, a huge ass pit with only a narrow bridge to cross it. Play on dotf_classic and I guarantee you a lightning sith is the last of your worries.

The problem is these maps were designed without map balance in mind. It also doesn't help that imps and rebs have completely different class loadouts which have certain huge advantages in various map areas (ruptor in long hallways on defense, lightning and grip on defense, wookie rage in tight corridors, arc bounce shot, deka in long hallways). If you want to see true balance of the game, the devs need to work on redesigning maps with all these factors in mind.

I think most people don't realize that the maps are so poorly designed balance-wise, they start to believe force powers are OP. There's a reason you see way more sith on deathstar than say dotf_classic. Deathstar side route is literally a siths dream. Tight corridor, easy escape route, a huge ass pit with only a narrow bridge to cross it. Play on dotf_classic and I guarantee you a lightning sith is the last of your worries.

The problem is these maps were designed without map balance in mind. It also doesn't help that imps and rebs have completely different class loadouts which have certain huge advantages in various map areas (ruptor in long hallways on defense, lightning and grip on defense, wookie rage in tight corridors, arc bounce shot, deka in long hallways). If you want to see true balance of the game, the devs need to work on redesigning maps with all these factors in mind.

this, a lot of maps swing too hard for movie realism than actually being balanced around mb2 classs and abilities imo

A$APRocky

US Official Server Admin

a sith with lightning can lockdown right or left cor while also keeping tabs on throne on dotf. but I do agree maps are all over the place

Fang

Donator
Meh well if I had to say it needs a nerf or not. Probably does need a tweak. Whether its Wes' idea or whatever idk.

Jedi/sith have access to some of the most game-changing mechanics for any match. Wallhack, knockdown, and regenerative armor are some of its primary abilities. I doubt a lightning tweak will make anyone mad. Only w swing peasants

Back in the day, I saw this game primarily as Mr. RP shooter but now i see it as a strategic shooter sooooooooooo my perception differs

Last edited: