Lets talk about heroes

Hello, this post can be seen as "omg this class too OP becouse I getting owned by it", but I will post it anyway. First of all- dash.Ability to escape in dangerous situations, like sith attack, sbd slap, supressing fire. Dodge - very annoying ability, if you play as BH or mando, becouse you have to aim for head mostly.Heal - make hero very tanky. Proj rifle has great FP drain, damage and accuracy. Also, great movespeed.So,in conclusion I'd like to hear in which ways good hero can be countered.

Last edited:
Get a teammate, and either you or him should have a grenade. Knock down that hero and shoot em up. Don't really know otherwise, something I try to figure out as well. Teammates almost always work though if you can work together.

which ways good hero can be countered.
just sithwhore the shit out of him
-lightning stun him so he cant shoot/dash, let the other guy slice him
-pushwhore him, let the other guy slice him while he's rolling away
-push him into a corner so he can't roll away
-scare him out so that he /kills asap

sometimes you could even win with hero 1v1, it's all about the timing of swings and pressing the force_throw

the most OP thing about hero is the same for BH, pistol 3.
nerf the single shot and turn it into a burst fire pistol rather than a 60 damage per shot pistol plz.

In case you forgot, there is Commander class that has access to dodge ability, and a few pretty good anti-hero weapons, such as T21 (and optional grenades). You can consider it a hard counter to hero class.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Push hero right when he's right about to dash, the least risky way.
As for dodge, heal and dash - odds are low that hero will have >2 abilities at once, thus just look at what he has and try to exploit it. No heal/dodge? Let your gunners deal with him, just push. No dash? Best option, just get closer and kill him.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
the most OP thing about hero is the same for BH, pistol 3.
nerf the single shot and turn it into a burst fire pistol rather than a 60 damage per shot pistol plz.
SoonTM
Fun fact, pistol 3 currently has equivalent base damage to a 2/5 or 3/5 charge bowcaster shot. 2spooky4me

TBH,heal never proved useful to me.Maybe it's because i don't know how it works.
Proj Rifle has a great FP drain?20 or 30 fp is not enough alone xd also,i've tested that the "Shotgun Projectile Rifle",if you defend with your saber(mind i had saber defence 3,force block 3 and saber deflect 3)it leaves you at 10 or 20 fp,even if you're standing right in front to the guy who's using projectile(like,LITERALLY face to face).
also(as Sith),if Dash is a problem,there are a few scenarios that i've seen happen:
most probably the heroes will try to shoot you or run away.In the first scenario,deflect.in the second,push.
speaking of commanders,am i the only one who thinks that them and soldiers are the most op class in the game?

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Why sith would chase hero with dash, most of the time they just have to defend obj... There is not so many maps i can think of, where obj is on open space where Hero has advantage. You can also take pull, so...

Why sith would chase hero with dash, most of the time they just have to defend obj... There is not so many maps i can think of, where obj is on open space where Hero has advantage. You can also take pull, so...
Well, maybe the problem is that i dont quite understand how to pull works (tried it a few times but dont liked it). I will try it out, thans for the tip.

TBH,heal never proved useful to me.Maybe it's because i don't know how it works.
Proj Rifle has a great FP drain?20 or 30 fp is not enough alone xd also,i've tested that the "Shotgun Projectile Rifle",if you defend with your saber(mind i had saber defence 3,force block 3 and saber deflect 3)it leaves you at 10 or 20 fp,even if you're standing right in front to the guy who's using projectile(like,LITERALLY face to face).
When sith has 10 or 20 FP its easy to kill him.If a sith has 100 FP: shoot from proj, dash, get the pistol, and sith is dead.
Maybe Hero is not that OP, and i just dont understand how to counter them, and thats the problemXD

Yeah dash needs longer cooldown, that would be all, their not that much op.
If you are sith just wait for the right moment and use pull or deflect their proj shot back to them, thats more funny.^^

When sith has 10 or 20 FP its easy to kill him.If a sith has 100 FP: shoot from proj, dash, get the pistol, and sith is dead.
Maybe Hero is not that OP, and i just dont understand how to counter them, and thats the problemXD
no,it is NOT easy to kill him since "Shotgun Projectile Rifle" is at close range.
and i also said before(if the "Sith has 100 FP" scenario): Proj rifle does 20 or 30 fp,and when hero dashes you can either push him or deflect his shots,as i've said before.
well,i think if we have to "analyze" this "fully",we should consider x player against x player.

Are you jokin, proj rifle does more than 50 fp and i have defense full.
20 or 30...i wish that were so.
even i have defence and deflect full,i swear most of the time it does 20 or 30.
anyways,even if it was 50,you can still push or deflect,or even retreat.nobody said to absolutely fight the hero,unless you both are the last ones in a map and the Imperial team is the attacking team(for example,in Alderaan)

retreating is hard if they dash after you, like they have some kind of skateboard. They really need a cooldown.
If they want escape like a chicken nobody can get them.
Btw dash need a better animation, too. when i first time saw a hero dashin i thought it was some kind of hack or bug.^^

retreating is hard if they dash after you, like they have some kind of skateboard. They really need a cooldown.
If they want escape like a chicken nobody can get them.
Btw dash need a better animation, too. when i first time saw a hero dashin i thought it was some kind of hack or bug.^^
well but if they dash away from you and then after you,the hero is gonna consume a lot of that bar,so you can probably kill him afterwards.

I count on surprise attacks on gunners anyway.
Like i said i have no problems with killing them, im only here to help my fellow sith, get a chance to kill a hero in big location like the hangar of dotf. :)
A huge playgorund for heros, one sith alone dies in most cases there against one hero.
And btw the gauge refills fast i play hero from time to time myself. (know your enemy xD)
Im a totally noob with guns in this mod, but a saberist is no treaht right know, and as hero(without sniper) and dash is really easy.
Spray E11, dash, spray, dash, spray, death sith.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
no,it is NOT easy to kill him since "Shotgun Projectile Rifle" is at close range.
and i also said before(if the "Sith has 100 FP" scenario): Proj rifle does 20 or 30 fp,and when hero dashes you can either push him or deflect his shots,as i've said before.
well,i think if we have to "analyze" this "fully",we should consider x player against x player.

Proj rifle at close range does around 80FP dmg if the sith is holding block. It does 100FP dmg if the sith is running. So yes, it is very easy to gun down a sith who only has around 20FP left after a close range proj hit (assuming they held block, otherwise they're already dead). Switch to P3/E11 without reloading proj, hold shift, dash if they swing, and hold M1 until dead. IMO hero is easiest class to play in the game right now. Only things it has trouble fighting against are full armor kamikaze rocket mandos and certain deka builds.