Legends Mode Feedback

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
Please leave feedback for Legends Mode here! Anything I see here will be considered.

Legends is meant to be a playground of features, while also remaining competitive for those who know the ins and out of each class.

Legends Mode (mbmode 4) also is meant to be an open workshop for those willing to learn how the g_siegeteam1 and g_siegeteam2 rcon cvars work! If you learn how to find the names of various FA teams, you can mix and match them to much hilarity! For example one could have Spartans vs. Counter-Terrorists on Theed. Just wanted to make that distinction, Legends is NOT just the Canon hero vs villain stuff. It's a space for experimentation and play.

Looking forward to your feedback! If it ain't constructive in any form at all and is just some trollish crap, I may delete it.
I'll also be deleting feedback which has been fixed ONCE it is fixed to keep this post up to date! Ok, that's it!

Cheers,

-Frenz

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Haven't tried the hotfix of the hotfix yet.

Assaj was supposed to have Repulse but because she's an ARC base class, special 1 is sprint. If it's supposed to be bound to something different (like those FA only / quickthrow button or however you do it in open) it may be worth pointing that out in the class description. I suppose many classes may be affected by that.

IG-88 has e11 3 but due to being sbd right-clicking with it does a slap... except sometimes it doesn't? Basically it sometimes randomly starts shooting the e11 2ndary and sometimes slap - is it controllable or entirely random? Also, what's the point of the dual sabers 'melee' AND normal melee in his loadout? Neither of those seemed to actually do anything. 'Sabers' melee makes him twirl like a ballerina but I don't believe he has hurtboxes anywhere?)
Also not sure how his battery is supposed to work. I believe I've been pulsed a bunch but never have had my battery drained? Not sure if those weren't just some weird Ion blobs instead so idk.

If You do care about some 'balance' feedback then Cad Bane with the infinite stamina-jetpack was pretty op compared to other classes I've tried imo.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
what is flipkick
Running towards (or left/right for sidekick) an opponent and double tapping spacebar will perform a kick, similar to as if you were jumping off a wall, only in this case it causes melee damage and knockback (occasionally evening causing knockdown).
A bit OP in it's current direct base port, so gave it to classes that seemed a bit weak and needing some spice.

Haven't tried the hotfix of the hotfix yet.
Give it a go and let me know what you think!
Assaj was supposed to have Repulse but because she's an ARC base class, special 1 is sprint. If it's supposed to be bound to something different (like those FA only / quickthrow button or however you do it in open) it may be worth pointing that out in the class description. I suppose many classes may be affected by that.

Good catch. I noticed this as well and plan to get it fixed eventually.

IG-88 has e11 3 but due to being sbd right-clicking with it does a slap... except sometimes it doesn't? Basically it sometimes randomly starts shooting the e11 2ndary and sometimes slap - is it controllable or entirely random? Also, what's the point of the dual sabers 'melee' AND normal melee in his loadout? Neither of those seemed to actually do anything. 'Sabers' melee makes him twirl like a ballerina but I don't believe he has hurtboxes anywhere?)
Also not sure how his battery is supposed to work. I believe I've been pulsed a bunch but never have had my battery drained? Not sure if those weren't just some weird Ion blobs instead so idk.
Yeah, IG-88 is in a really weird place and seems to have unnecessary weaponry. He was a bit of a 'what if the SBD got this' experiment that I ended up forgetting to fix further because I got a good laugh from his wacky moves.

If You do care about some 'balance' feedback then Cad Bane with the infinite stamina-jetpack was pretty op compared to other classes I've tried imo.
I DEFINITELY care about some balance feedback, don't get me wrong! It's just something I want to work towards slowly. Let's all just relax and have some fun in the process. ^_^

Cade Bane is a bit OP, but gawd damn so fun to play with his dive/roll->jetpack combo
I can nerf the damage on his pistols a bit, I bet that will help.

Thanks!

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
give chirrut less stamina for the love of god

So far I really like it guys put a lot of thought and time into it it seems. Even the little backgrounds. I'm a big fan of diversity when it comes to characters. While I don't really play other modes other than dual. seems fun would be awsome if there was a dual mode with legend Sith/jedi.

It is pretty fun, but seems like a balancing nightmare. I say if you're going to balance it good luck and and I commend you. I would suggest just leaning into the OPness and making everyone a bit OP to 'balance' it out and add more lives for each class. It is kind of messy atm, might as well embrace the chaos.

RG4

Some thoughts
Rebels -
Hera : Make her pistol as a default fire three burst, and alt-fire be like an A280's with P3 damage. Her pistol lore-wise is like that.
Rosh : Give Rosh the Rosh-11 from umad_Prisonbreak. Make it deal no damage but can knock-back
Hanharr : Rename him Zaalbar, Hanharr is evil and I get he's basically from the Dxun FA.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Now that Rebs have more firepower, now is a good time to find a good balance between the two. A good starting point moving forward

Running towards (or left/right for sidekick) an opponent and double tapping spacebar will perform a kick, similar to as if you were jumping off a wall, only in this case it causes melee damage and knockback (occasionally evening causing knockdown).
A bit OP in it's current direct base port, so gave it to classes that seemed a bit weak and needing some spice.

Give it a go and let me know what you think!

Good catch. I noticed this as well and plan to get it fixed eventually.

Yeah, IG-88 is in a really weird place and seems to have unnecessary weaponry. He was a bit of a 'what if the SBD got this' experiment that I ended up forgetting to fix further because I got a good laugh from his wacky moves.

I DEFINITELY care about some balance feedback, don't get me wrong! It's just something I want to work towards slowly. Let's all just relax and have some fun in the process. ^_^

Cade Bane is a bit OP, but gawd damn so fun to play with his dive/roll->jetpack combo
I can nerf the damage on his pistols a bit, I bet that will help.

Thanks!
Can you buff grievous back again to original version since I mained that class before and still got destroyed often, also R2 is so op it's annoying I did an experiment 2 days ago and we had the whole team chasing the R2 unit full of siths and direct counters and he kept recharging and running away with nothing for us to do but die and constantly run after him.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
IG-88 causing crashing upon picking. Here is the crash logs from both JAMP and MB2 Client

Attachments

• crash_log_2021-01-03_15-42-02.log
    1.3 KB · Views: 147
  • crash_log_2021-01-03_15-47-35.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
R2 needs to be nerfed badly, just a broken character all around. I feel the commando droid should get two lives again maybe less fire grenades though because right now he has less health then some of the base classes with 1 life. I think nihlus has already been discussed to death, lot of underused classes that should get some buffs to incentivize playing them. Really fun mode overall

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
R2 needs to be nerfed badly, just a broken character all around. I feel the commando droid should get two lives again maybe less fire grenades though because right now he has less health then some of the base classes with 1 life. I think nihlus has already been discussed to death, lot of underused classes that should get some buffs to incentivize playing them. Really fun mode overall
Please give solutions instead of saying nerf. Nihilus is in a good spot now imo, he is a tank but he can't escape if overwhelmed. R2 had his fuel regen removed in favor of Fuel 3.