Launcher Fix Released

mb2_logo_1.png

I am pleased to announce the release of a fixed launcher, fully compatible with the current site. Please read the update instructions below. I would also like to personally thank LoU for all of his hard work in getting the launcher running again. This would not have been possible without his continued dedication.

Update Instructions
  1. Download the latest version of the launcher here.
  2. Replace any existing MBIILauncher.exe with the version that you just downloaded.
  3. If you previously installed the temporary master server fix, manually delete zzzzz_MBII.pk3 from your MBII folder.
  4. Start the launcher, go to settings, and ensure "Check installation integrity on start" is ticked.
  5. Close the launcher and start it again. Wait for the integrity check and any downloads to complete.
  6. Click PLAY to start Movie Battles II.
Please report any glitches or bugs in the Bug Tracker forum. If you are having difficulty using the launcher, create a topic in the Support forum.

Mcbober

Movie Battles II Team
Now, hopefully our playerbase returns to what it used to be! Would love to see some FA/rotation servers again.

Phelps

Donator
Gotta spam here and say, that I missed the game and even its community full of "ez" and "qq" people.
Have to also apologize to stassin, guess I didn't give it a try after being let down, but I like the saber system as a casual saberist.
The launcher is neat and so is minimizer included in it.
Love all the stuff in the options now, like easily set up custom screen resolution, rate and all the other things I used to put in console by myself (might have been in the game for a long time, but I was out all that time).
And agent's server is fun.

When I try to do a download on the launcher it seems to not work. I keep on getting this "unhandled occurrence" error message and I don't know what to do. It comes under as Microsoft.Net Framework saying that there is a problem with movie battles 2. I don't know if this is a problem but when I try to select the folder game data in my E drive it won't work, it only works when I put in my D drive which is the disc what is inserted into my computer.

The guys I were talking too mentioned that somebody should put the launcher back on the Modb page.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Guys I were talking too mentioned that you guys should put the launcher back on the Modb page.

Agreed, though I'm waiting a day or so to make sure Lou has any kinks worked out because ModDB downloads have to go through an approval process.

Off topic for a second

I forward the motion of holding a community event in celebration of the fixing of the launcher and in appreciation of those who worked on it.
Dub it "We are not dead yet" community event. This would be a chance of getting a PR push and getting some new blood introduced into the game. With the recent steam integration it will be a lot easier to organize this, using steam groups and using the calendar function the groups have.

Now would be a very good opportune time seeing as EA shot itself in the foot with battlefront 3, the new movie coming out in December, and the new series "Rebels". We have every advantage when it comes to game-play and authenticity, the years of polish this mod has is very apparent and the love that went into the maps should be good enough to entice a larger player base. So we can stop playing DOTF 24/7, and maybe revive the FA scene.

People are craving starwars right now, I know I am. I decided to watch the clone wars starting with Tartakovsky series and moving on to the 2008 wooden puppet series on CN.
The planets are literately aligning themselves right now for anything SW related be it a passing fad or not. This is a chance to get more players introduced to the game.

I strongly suggest anyone who has the years of experience to lead and organize the event. And if anyone in the AOD would kind enough to hold some training sessions with the new players, that would be enough to get their feet onto the ground and give us a chance to feel them out to see if they are willing to be consistent players.

If anyone besides a few people agree with me, I will create a topic in the suggestion area and we can hash this out and brainstorm in full detail.

Last edited:

Phelps

Donator
I think I do agree, it's basically what has driven me into MBII scene yet again. New movie, SW franchise, you are basically bombarded on every possible front. I was like, damn, I need to do something SW related. So I came back.
This time really is the best time to do something about it. But I guess Ben has many tricks up his sleeves now for the PR stuff.

Imo, anything goes. Do perfectly cut videos. Do dumb videos. Do gameplay videos with commentary. I might just do something myself.