Lack of "Playable" maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't wanna come across as moaning but I've been playing DOTF for years and now that's gone i've been stuck on Deathstar 24/7 lol. I think it's time for some new maps, good ones preferably. All the maps you release look great but they aren't fun and I just really feel like its letting the game down and something needs to be done.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'm EU and im stuck on ds forever.
Please. Come back with your complaint when EU is anywhere near 62% of playtime.

North American servers over the past 90 days:
shIm9l4.png

And European servers:
OE9YuEl.png

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not quite the same.

I think it's time for some new maps, good ones preferably. All the maps you release look great but they aren't fun

You have DotF, DotF classic, Echo Base, Lunar Base, Bespin, Death Star, Smuggler, Theed, (um_)Bespin, Lindsey's upcoming Citadel map & countless more, all of which are fan favourites.
1577064124314.png

This screenshot above was taken at the exact time of me writing this message, the top server is tR (which is NA). 9/14 of those servers were EU. Don't know what else to tell you...

I can't and will not question facts but my main point was the maps we've got are not so great more than the i'm stuck on the same map for years.

It's more of the maps we've got are getting stale and none of the new maps have been good enough of recent like alderaan, dxun, scarif, new dotf (no disrespect, I am hopeful)

Don't wanna come across as moaning but I've been playing DOTF for years and now that's gone i've been stuck on Deathstar 24/7 lol. I think it's time for some new maps, good ones preferably. All the maps you release look great but they aren't fun and I just really feel like its letting the game down and something needs to be done.
dotf and ds are boring now lol, i feel burned by DS i used to hate dotf (still do) but ds now its just boring.

This is where i'm at too regardless of stats everytime i go to a populated server it's one of two maps and the occasional switch and then the lobby dies. I have no problem with most of the current maps, but it's just like every other game we need new content and maps are something we haven't really had in a while. I completely get you cant chuck out maps and dont have the resources but my point still stands.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
The best way is to nominate underplayed maps and encourage new players to vote for it , considering the amount of underrated maps such as Tradefed , Tatooine , Korriban , Theed , Tantive ... Although it won't work on tryhard servers. Just don't nominate Jakku , Eravana and Starkiller base , they're not canon.

Forgot Jakku and Eravana were even made lol. I liked Eravana and most of the other maps you listed its just a matter of actually ending up on them and it being on a populated server but that never lasts long.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I've been trying to get RTV/RTM more widely used. So far it's been pretty successful EU side but NA is kinda hit or miss when it comes to population.
1577099559436.png

I can't control the population and what they choose. Just gotta break the cycle yourself by populating RTV servers. I think NA wise the current RTV servers are:
EXE Genesis
EW Servers
MAF Hangout
Owe's Bedroom

Not a lot of options with you see that 80% of EU servers are RTV

Last time I played AOD was the only server with any population so things are much better than they used to be.

If it makes you feel better the Mb2 community has always been fickle about playing a variety of maps. I started playing the mod in 2004 and it was always a hassle to convince the server to try something different. I'm surprised to see Deathstar so popular now, honestly.

We do try and get other modes and maps populated. If you take a look we have like 5 servers running. We even force pop the RTV and Powerbattles when we can, but they almost never organically pop, at least not for long.

Even when we change deathstar for a short while for fun, people start bitching right away about how we arent on Deathstar.

Status
Not open for further replies.