KOTF V MB2

Plasma

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Meh, but it also carries a bunch of bad reputation with you. I would argue that it's not worth it. Plus isn't there also that Movie Duels 2 remastered mod too? I dunno. All of these mods carrying on the originals kinda leaves a weird taste in my mouth.
I agree the Movie Duels 2 one is a bit weird they're taking Wector's mod and "improving it" but you go onto the moddb page and there isn't even a mention of him making the original.

I agree the Movie Duels 2 one is a bit weird they're taking Wector's mod and "improving it" but you go onto the moddb page and there isn't even a mention of him making the original.

MODDB page:
Welcome to the Official mod page of "Movie Duels 2: Remastered"! It's been almost 9 years since the release of the original mod, that was created by Wector and we thought it was about time it got a "Remaster".... oh really? :p

Last edited:
Everything is okey :). We have chosen name Movie Duels exactly because we want to give hold to Wector's work. We have tried to contact him many times but he definitely left JKA community and isnt contactable anymore. People outside this mod could think that we only take his work and replaced few models but thats common mistake. It is like one year in developement and our team has already put enormous effort to give fans most accurate feeling from movies. All that script work, creating and editing models, cleaning mess in folders, audio changes, visual improvements, new sabersystem...we are working everyday to give fans the best result. And we hope that they will like it. :)

I've just found out about a KOTF update/reboot is at work and has been for some time but compared to MB2 it feels like they've got more maps, models, customization, and shit tons of new features and whilst i'll be sticking with MB2, i'm just wondering why there is more to the new KOTF update already than what we've currently got? (Not ranting, just curious.)

Knights of the Force - JKHub
(As far as my understanding) the MB2 team has been around enough now to know what the players want to a good extent. They know what their vision of the game is, they know how to make it work, they know what people want from it, and they know they don't have to worry. The line from the trailer sums it up essentially; "By the fans, for the fans." KOTF on the other hand has a messier history.

I played the crap out of movie duels when it came out. A visual upgrade might be nice.
Personally I don't think it needs one. Maybe someone could make an HD retexture pack, but I think it's good that people can start playing the game even without a good PC.