KOTF V MB2

I've just found out about a KOTF update/reboot is at work and has been for some time but compared to MB2 it feels like they've got more maps, models, customization, and shit tons of new features and whilst i'll be sticking with MB2, i'm just wondering why there is more to the new KOTF update already than what we've currently got? (Not ranting, just curious.)

Knights of the Force - JKHub

A long time ago I was disappointed beyond belief by Knights of the Force. Promises after promises without anything ever being delivered made a 14 year old me very frustrated to the point where I said I've had enough after the original creator said he deleted all the files.
I was mostly interested in KOTF for single player missions. I wasn't interested in it's MP back then and I'm not interested now. Nothing will ever outmatch Movie Battles II for me.

KOTF is pretty much just a collection of mods thrown together. Where as most of our content is made in house and specifically designed for mb2.

Yeah fair enough, I understand it takes time for all of this to happen and be made it's just they appear to have much more to offer in comparison to this, I only made this thread as all the new people were saying about KOTF being better than MB2 on the "New People Welcome Server" or whatever it's called.

A long time ago I was disappointed beyond belief by Knights of the Force. Promises after promises without anything ever being delivered made a 14 year old me very frustrated to the point where I said I've had enough after the original creator said he deleted all the files.
I was mostly interested in KOTF for single player missions. I wasn't interested in it's MP back then and I'm not interested now. Nothing will ever outmatch Movie Battles II for me.

Yeah last time I downloaded it I thought I was gonna get a virus with that sketchy ass download and besides that, the menus and overall layout is bad and untidy but the maps and models are what kept me, along with the single player missions as you also said.

Exactly. I also had numerous undefined crashes at the menu and with NPC's in game. I understand it's a completely new team now with the focus on multiplayer, but what few newbies say after a few hours of gameplay about MB2 compared to KOTF isn't something to be worried about. MB2 outlived and outmatched other popular MP mods, there's no competing with it anymore imo.

Exactly. I also had numerous undefined crashes at the menu and with NPC's in game. I understand it's a completely new team now with the focus on multiplayer, but what few newbies say after a few hours of gameplay about MB2 compared to KOTF isn't something to be worried about. MB2 outlived and outmatched other popular MP mods, there's no competing with it anymore imo.

Yeah all true points but I will definitely be giving KOTF another chance. I mean White sabers and Rebels Grey Jedi Ashoka is just too hard to resist.

*opens launcher "I'm looking forward to completeing your training. In time you will call me, maast..." *fatal error

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Do know that the developers of KOTF are totally different To Tim and whoever else was helping him back in the day. As far as I'm concerned they do ask for permission. So all is well there. This is basically a reboot made by completely different people.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I am not sure why they decided to stick with the name KOTF. It has such a visceral reaction from the whole community. But these new devs are legit as far as I can tell. Their Discord always has them talking about new stuff that they added, and I've given them a hand or two.

I am not sure why they decided to stick with the name KOTF. It has such a visceral reaction from the whole community. But these new devs are legit as far as I can tell. Their Discord always has them talking about new stuff that they added, and I've given them a hand or two.
Because, the name is ultimately very famous for what it is, and so they would have gained recognition much easier this way.

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Because, the name is ultimately very famous for what it is, and so they would have gained recognition much easier this way.
Meh, but it also carries a bunch of bad reputation with you. I would argue that it's not worth it. Plus isn't there also that Movie Duels 2 remastered mod too? I dunno. All of these mods carrying on the originals kinda leaves a weird taste in my mouth.

Meh, but it also carries a bunch of bad reputation with you. I would argue that it's not worth it. Plus isn't there also that Movie Duels 2 remastered mod too? I dunno. All of these mods carrying on the originals kinda leaves a weird taste in my mouth.
I don't disagree with you. And yeah, I don't think MD2 remastered has really any excuse to the name tbh.