Jedi/Sith Suggestions

Wow, well I had a huge amount of text here until I realized that, no matter how good what I was suggesting was going to be, it destroyed Super Push and Repluse and Grip Super Push and Lighting Super Push, so yeah. These suggestions here are soley to promote the supportive actions of Jedi/Sith.

Force Jump: I don't really want to change much on this, but there is something I thought of. Lower Jump levels would grant you mild FP regen while in air.
So Jump 1 would give you about half the normal regen speed, Jump 2 would give you a quarter, and Jump 3 would be none, as normal.
I also propose that the alternative Force Jumping ( the one where you don't flip, you kinda do a glide animation ), since it does not go so high, would give you more horizontal speed. ( The regen values here may be too much )

Force Speed: Looking directly at an enemy and holding Force speed could let it act as it's opposite and slow down an enemy( even Sith ). Your saber would still be off ( I don't know how you could conditionally change it, maybe you could ), but the enemy stays slowed as long as you keep the power on until it is used up or you stop it. Or if you are out of range/sight/both.

Force MindTrick: Looking directly at a teammate and holding down MindTrick would have THAT teammate be invisible to the tricked enemies for the duration provided, source player would still have to keep his saber off and is not invisible. Teammate can also break it by attacking as well. ( possibly too complicated? )

Force Grip: Choosing to Grip a teammate would turn Grip into Levitation, you would do no damage to your teammate, and they would still be able to fire during this state. Though you do no damage, you should still get the TK if you throw them to their death... obviously.

Force Lightning: Looking directly at a teammate and holding down Lightning would allow you to 'overcharge' their weapon, they would take reduced damage from the lightning, and have a more powerful gun for as long as you hold it on them. In this case they would not be paralyzed. They could still die from this, so it's a risk/reward thing.

All of these are mere suggestions and I am humbly prepared to have none of these implemented. Discuss.

In short the propositions that could be fun if balanced properly/polished enough to avoid any kind of trolling are:
- Gliding jump has a horizontal speed boost
- Mindtrick applying to an ally
- Grip levitates allies

The others don't look like they'd have the potential to be fun, and they are too far-fetched. Well the MT for ally is far-fetched too, and not really movie-like at all, but it could work well.

Alright then, at least it wasn't all a total waste. Let us then ignore the other awful suggestions xD.

The only thing I can see going wrong with MindTrick is, even if it is possible to have it apply to allies, having it applied to Wookiees would need careful, careful balancing. I would suggest preventing it from making a raging Wookiee go invisible to enemies, otherwise that would make it very OP. Also, perhaps making the Jedi doing this meditate? They have to focus their power on their teammate, so shouldn't really be able to move, maybe.

Grip levitating allies could allow Sith to strategically place their teammates in areas they normally couldn't get to. SBDs can not jump, so this could be a means of getting around that ( if that is even good at all ). I have seen places where an SBD can get stuck in some maps, but due to having low health, no sith with grip could help them ( Corellia's box ).

Gliding Force Jump getting a small speed boost could change how a Jedi/Sith may approach fighting gunners, but also fighting enemy Jedi/Sith. The boost would have to be small enough that they don't just go flying like an NPC towards the enemy gunner or Sith and slaughter them, but enough to make a difference in catching up in some way, perhaps? Maybe only allow this based on Force Speed level? Actually that would make it a Jedi only power... hmm...

Thought of something else that I believe would be quite fun, but could possibly be too helpful... I was thinking of modifying how Push and Pull works a bit, giving it some Lightsaber-like directional control.
Example: Moving to the right would make you Push/Pull them more towards the right ( not completely removing the initial backwards/forwards velocity ). It would also affect where you pull their gun.
It could allow Push and Pull to be used more tactically ( aside from pull, as that as it is is fairly tactical ). It would also still be movie-like. Both Jedi/Sith and Gunners would have to get used to it, and it may also be a good idea for you to have to hold the force button ( either force use, or push or w/e ), pick your direction, and then release it to do the move ( tapping it would be possible, but those holding it would do an animation, giving themselves away to the Gunners as to what they are going to do, maybe even take more FP drain). Super moves could remain instantaneous. They couldn't just push spam without taking into account where they want to push you.

The ONLY problem would be ( aside from maybe a bit of a distance issue ) catwalks... :/ I, unfortunately, do not have an answer for that one other than, bai bai.

Preston

Nerd
Thought of something else that I believe would be quite fun, but could possibly be too helpful... I was thinking of modifying how Push and Pull works a bit, giving it some Lightsaber-like directional control.
Example: Moving to the right would make you Push/Pull them more towards the right ( not completely removing the initial backwards/forwards velocity ). It would also affect where you pull their gun.
It could allow Push and Pull to be used more tactically ( aside from pull, as that as it is is fairly tactical ). It would also still be movie-like. Both Jedi/Sith and Gunners would have to get used to it, and it may also be a good idea for you to have to hold the force button ( either force use, or push or w/e ), pick your direction, and then release it to do the move ( tapping it would be possible, but those holding it would do an animation, giving themselves away to the Gunners as to what they are going to do, maybe even take more FP drain). Super moves could remain instantaneous. They couldn't just push spam without taking into account where they want to push you.

The ONLY problem would be ( aside from maybe a bit of a distance issue ) catwalks... :/ I, unfortunately, do not have an answer for that one other than, bai bai.
Doesnt sound like my cup of tea tbh