Jedi/Sith Suggestions

Wow, well I had a huge amount of text here until I realized that, no matter how good what I was suggesting was going to be, it destroyed Super Push and Repluse and Grip Super Push and Lighting Super Push, so yeah. These suggestions here are soley to promote the supportive actions of Jedi/Sith.

Force Jump: I don't really want to change much on this, but there is something I thought of. Lower Jump levels would grant you mild FP regen while in air.
So Jump 1 would give you about half the normal regen speed, Jump 2 would give you a quarter, and Jump 3 would be none, as normal.
I also propose that the alternative Force Jumping ( the one where you don't flip, you kinda do a glide animation ), since it does not go so high, would give you more horizontal speed. ( The regen values here may be too much )

Force Speed: Looking directly at an enemy and holding Force speed could let it act as it's opposite and slow down an enemy( even Sith ). Your saber would still be off ( I don't know how you could conditionally change it, maybe you could ), but the enemy stays slowed as long as you keep the power on until it is used up or you stop it. Or if you are out of range/sight/both.

Force MindTrick: Looking directly at a teammate and holding down MindTrick would have THAT teammate be invisible to the tricked enemies for the duration provided, source player would still have to keep his saber off and is not invisible. Teammate can also break it by attacking as well. ( possibly too complicated? )

Force Grip: Choosing to Grip a teammate would turn Grip into Levitation, you would do no damage to your teammate, and they would still be able to fire during this state. Though you do no damage, you should still get the TK if you throw them to their death... obviously.

Force Lightning: Looking directly at a teammate and holding down Lightning would allow you to 'overcharge' their weapon, they would take reduced damage from the lightning, and have a more powerful gun for as long as you hold it on them. In this case they would not be paralyzed. They could still die from this, so it's a risk/reward thing.

All of these are mere suggestions and I am humbly prepared to have none of these implemented. Discuss.

Preston

Nerd
I personally dont really want any of these in the game except maybe the faster vertical speed with the jump with no flips? And I dont think jump 1 and jump 2 should really have an advantage over jump 3,just my opinion

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
From a design perspective, nothing should be better than anything. The tier system in the game, in my opinion, should provide situational changes to an ability, not just give it more or less power. I always hated having to spend more points on something to make it not worthless.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
From a design perspective, nothing should be better than anything. The tier system in the game, in my opinion, should provide situational changes to an ability, not just give it more or less power. I always hated having to spend more points on something to make it not worthless.

Why though? If higher tiers provided no advantages and just situational changes, there would be no purpose for having points to spend. I agree that no tier of anything should be worthless, but if the next tier isn't more powerful than the previous why buy it? Rather than sinking points into a higher tier of something hoping for a certain situation it'll be more useful in, you could just buy tier 1 of everything to be really OP.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Why though? If higher tiers provided no advantages and just situational changes, there would be no purpose for having points to spend. I agree that no tier of anything should be worthless, but if the next tier isn't more powerful than the previous why buy it? Rather than sinking points into a higher tier of something hoping for a certain situation it'll be more useful in, you could just buy tier 1 of everything to be really OP.
What I mean is phasing out useless tiers of abilities. Don't make them acceptable in every situation, but make them so that if they're used with enough skill they can be effective in all but the most circumstantial of situations.

For the most part, everything is already like that, except for the saber style distribution portion, force block, force sense (which is probably a VIS issue more than anything else).

Basically:
Level 1: Acceptable in generic situations.
Level 2: Acceptable in most situations.
Level 3: Situational and dependent on specific circumstances.

Well, I'm glad that so far that I only got a simple "No" to most of it. I do believe in the horizontal speed boost in the alternative Force Jump. To clarify, that has nothing to do with the force power level. It's when you run in a direction, let go of the directional keys and immediately use force jump. You do a special animation, but do not go as high. Perhaps letting the player have a boost in the direction they are going would be okay?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Don't feel bad, most of my shit gets a simple "No" too. :p

Phelps

Donator
Force Speed: Looking directly at an enemy and holding Force speed could let it act as it's opposite and slow down an enemy( even Sith ). Your saber would still be off ( I don't know how you could conditionally change it, maybe you could ), but the enemy stays slowed as long as you keep the power on until it is used up or you stop it. Or if you are out of range/sight/both.

Not really a fan of these suggestions, I'm with Preston. And I think this one is not really well thought out. What about other players? How would they perceive the Jedi using Speed, how would they perceive the slowed down enemy? You basically described 1v1 scenario without the effect on the game as a whole.

If you meant it in the way that the ability would just only slow down the enemy, that's basically not Speed, because Jedi would move at the same speed as the rest of the server. It would be basically Jedi Grip. The gunner in the game right now, is threatened only by the speeding Jedi. If Jedi were to have this power, it would be kinda OPed. Just aim, use speed on the enemy, let snipers finish the job. That's really not about what Speed is. Sith Grip has at least some amount of time to focus until the ability is activated.

Phelps

Donator
I talked about it to Supa and got his permission. Imho, it will be a month in less than 10 days, since first public releases to cinema.
If some SW fan hasn't seen it up until now, I guess he should avoid the entire internet, SW forums being on the top. I see spoilers on FB, YT, Instagram, everywhere.

I talked about it to Supa and got his permission. Imho, it will be a month in less than 10 days, since first public releases to cinema.
If some SW fan hasn't seen it up until now, I guess he should avoid the entire internet, SW forums being on the top. I see spoilers on FB, YT, Instagram, everywhere.

:)

Also something related to the topic, I think that if any of those suggestions were to actually be implemented the Jedi/Sith classes will become bringers of death and destruction with such force powers at their disposal. With such additions of force powers the Jedi/Sith will become OP and due to this they will be overused in open to such an extent that things become too unfair for long time gunners. Also using the force powers in such a way on team members could be abused by trolls becoming more of an annoyance than a benefit.

Stassin

Donator
These propositions look like they've been given quite a bit of thought and they look pretty attractive in terms of teamwork possibilities. That would be however, if we wanted mb2 force powers to be able to directly buff teammates, and i don't think that would cater very well to the movie-like idea.

Not sure what the force jump regeneration one is for. Gliding jump giving more horizontal speed could be interesting, although speed + jump already performs that function.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I'm not fan of this suggestions, too.
They will make game overcomplicated and they add unneeded things.
Can make problem in critical situations, when jedi needs to run away.
Force Grip: Choosing to Grip a teammate would turn Grip into Levitation, you would do no damage to your teammate, and they would still be able to fire during this state. Though you do no damage, you should still get the TK if you throw them to their death... obviously.
And what benefits teammate will get from levitation?...
Also just imagine situation when some noob/low skiller makes levitate experienced player, which get killed because of that? This would provoke a huge negative attitude from the most of people.

Gamemode idea, vampire mode.
Depending on how many players there are, 25% of them spawn as sith with drain 3 and they need to kill the other team using only drain to convert more players to their team.

The other team needs to survive the time limit or kill all the vampires to win.

grip not damaging teammates isn't an awful idea
Also this, every time I see grip used. Its the team killers that leave and rejoin to keep team killing.

Last edited:
I like the focus you have on team play, but that said I wouldn't like to see any of the changes you mentioned put in game, besides mabey the horizontal speed of the glide type jump, but that's a mobility issue which needs careful balance.

Also just imagine situation when some noob/low skiller makes levitate experienced player, which get killed because of that? This would provoke a huge negative attitude from the most of people.
similar to mandalorian boosting gunners to inaccessible spots

the amount of tk points you get for troll gripping someone are pretty inconsequential, you can do it nearly every single round as it stands

I'm not fan of this suggestions, too.
They will make game overcomplicated and they add unneeded things.

Can make problem in critical situations, when jedi needs to run away.

Simply jump to get out of allied levitation. Boom problem solved

Stassin

Donator
In short the propositions that could be fun if balanced properly/polished enough to avoid any kind of trolling are:
- Gliding jump has a horizontal speed boost
- Mindtrick applying to an ally
- Grip levitates allies

The others don't look like they'd have the potential to be fun, and they are too far-fetched. Well the MT for ally is far-fetched too, and not really movie-like at all, but it could work well.