•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Jedi academy has to be installed in Steam's installation folder(FIXED)

I have downloaded Jedi Academ(through Steam) at D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy
And the launcher is in D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/GameData .
I finished with the launcher installation and downloading but when I click play it says Jedi academy has to be installed in Steam's installation folder

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
All I had to do was go to launcher setting and select MBII launcher
You mean go to Launcher's settings and select MBII Client?
Yeah, that might work as well, but just because I don't have Steam I wasn't sure what were the source of that "Jedi academy has to be installed in Steam's installation folder" message box, so I recommended the most reliable way to fix the issue.

I believe now you are able to play Movie Battles via MBII Client, but if you will want to play via jamp, you still have to move JA installation to default Steam folder.

yeah so I have been spending 2 hours trying to figure this out still cant figure it out I have my jkj academy installed in: this pc - new volume (D:) - steam library - steam apps - common - Jedi academy had the same error message as this guy saying it needs to be installed into the installations folder but even if I try switching it into the MBII client for some reason when I click play it opens up the Jedi academy multiplayer game which I don't think is supposed to happen please someone help me as I really want to play what is considered the best star wars game / mod ever crated

Hello Mr. Cumguzzler, steamlibrary is not "steam's installation folder". Program files (x86) > steam, that's the steam's installation folder, so you have to install the game onto the same drive where steam is installed. Thank you and have a nice day :)

Hello Mr. Cumguzzler, steamlibrary is not "steam's installation folder". Program files (x86) > steam, that's the steam's installation folder, so you have to install the game onto the same drive where steam is installed. Thank you and have a nice day :)
wtf I moved it to what you said now I'm updating mb2 and its taking longer than usual but whatever I shit don't work again ill post thanks for the help though ! 👍

Hello Mr. Cumguzzler, steamlibrary is not "steam's installation folder". Program files (x86) > steam, that's the steam's installation folder, so you have to install the game onto the same drive where steam is installed. Thank you and have a nice da
yeah it still didn't fix the error message also if I switch to mb2 it says this : The code execution cannot proceed because OpenAL32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. I tried reinstalling ... didn't work :/