1.     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Jedi academy has to be installed in Steam's installation folder(FIXED)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Meatbag Killer, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Meatbag Killer

Meatbag Killer

I have downloaded Jedi Academ(through Steam) at D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy
    And the launcher is in D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/GameData .
    I finished with the launcher installation and downloading but when I click play it says Jedi academy has to be installed in Steam's installation folder

2. Meatbag Killer

Meatbag Killer

I have tried other solutions but none worked and i'm not gonna reinstall anything

3. Puppytine

Puppytine Slayed dreamer

Move Jedi Academy installation to default Steam folder.
    It usually look like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy".

Meatbag Killer likes this.
  4. Meatbag Killer

Meatbag Killer

Actually I fixed it after performing some dark magic and I installed it at my D: drive But Jedi academy is unplayable now but I don't care

5. Meatbag Killer

Meatbag Killer

All I had to do was go to launcher setting and select MBII launcher

6. Puppytine

Puppytine Slayed dreamer

You mean go to Launcher's settings and select MBII Client?
    Yeah, that might work as well, but just because I don't have Steam I wasn't sure what were the source of that "Jedi academy has to be installed in Steam's installation folder" message box, so I recommended the most reliable way to fix the issue.

I believe now you are able to play Movie Battles via MBII Client, but if you will want to play via jamp, you still have to move JA installation to default Steam folder.