It Seems the mod is somewhat Dead after v1.4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4far

Banned
Donator
That statement just shows how unalluring the sabering system is for me. I'm not the only one who doesn't know every detail about it.

Well,

I would like to know how getting up and switching to melee changes between different styles and stances, mid swing. Where and when are the blind spots if there are any as someone is swinging.

Big fat table with numerics would be nice.

Part of the reason alot of people abandon the mod is that the same people arent around any more. This mod is super interactive when it comes to player-to-player stuff. Once some of the people call it quits more follow just cause of that.

Dang :< some regulars from ~2010 or so wont be on anymore...the feels

Nah.

You measure actual population over years or many months, at least. This is for attention... worthless thread.
Excuse me? This thread is Sincere to the highest degree, and I'm sure I'm not seeing things as in a matter of 3 weeks, 2 weeks ago, a few days before the update, almost every server has had at least 3+ players. Some Contributor you are to be calling this a worthless thread. I assume the reason why the devs are killing themselves.

- - - Updated - - -
I have been saying myself this game is dying because of being pissed after getting killed so many times over and over.
Dark Sounds has a very elite fanbase due to the effort required to succeed at this game.
I will not say to not Stereotype me, but this is not the reason I created this thread. Usually, I would get absolutely destroyed in every duel server getting 1 or 2 kills from luck. This does not anger me to the point of Uninstalling. I like games that have elitist fanbases because there is much to be studied off of in order to improve yourself as a player. That is how my skill in SWBF2 Hero Assault has gotten so mighty. That is also how I worked my way up in Republic Commando, my first game. All you have to do, is study off of another player, and repeat what that player had done, and see if it is possible to combine these techniques from skills of another Professional player, and see if you can create technique that is unique and that will allow you to get kills. Therefore, I am not the kind of player that would leave easily just because I would be getting destroyed by a player with 3+ years of experience than I.

Last edited by a moderator:

k4far

Banned
Donator
In the evening of my time we again had over 120+ players. Your thread is bull mate.

We had 120+ players like yesterday and past weeks, months. I do not like people spreading disinformation.

k4far

Banned
Donator
MB2 is dying for 14 years now.

201412_1932_aaaai_sm.png
What is the purpose of this thread anyway. Over half what is written in here is not even related to the title of this thread. It should have been closed the moment it was created.

Guys, you must not ignore that people are dying too. This game is so old that some of its players are already dead. Think how it will be in 60 years, there will be obituaries all over this forum.

k4far

Banned
Donator
(He should just make "I am leaving" in the airlock like others.) Some people will say bye and that is it. We do not care.
This kind of thread is like a poison, especially if it lasts for so many days. Trying to help? You are helping... dig the grave, lmao.
Occasionally taking everyones attention without giving any solution is not helping. I repeat, this is not... whatever.

Kinda bad deal for us as it is been done here.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
This is a fun thread.

I just joined this forum to inform you that the latest version of this mod is turning off a lot of the players in this community, I myself am new to this mod only a month in, but it seems this recent update will cause the eventual death of this mod.

What people are noticing is the summer. Turns out it's sunny outside, people are off of school and work. Are you going to play MB2 or go on holiday abroad, chase poontang and enjoy the weather?

I've been here for 11 years. A post like this is an annual summertime announcement.

Guys, you must not ignore that people are dying too. This game is so old that some of its players are already dead. Think how it will be in 60 years, there will be obituaries all over this forum.
xD

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
This game will never be dead no matter how good or bad next release will be. People will adopt or leave and come back later.

On the other hand, there is Feedback section which doesn't serve its purpose. I think devs should comment and close each feedback thread. A lot of buried ideas how to fix certain issues over there. Also, don't forget 1.4.5 is not final release, there will be more and more. I stopped enjoying MBII, no fun at all, so I just wait for release which suits me more.

Jaikanatar

US Official Server Admin
That statement just shows how unalluring the sabering system is for me. I'm not the only one who doesn't know every detail about it.

Spent the better part of a year learning it. It can be done. It takes hard work patience and dedication. Constant, year long progression is what kept me hooked and that wouldn't have been the case had the learning curve been short.

Spent the better part of a year learning it. It can be done. It takes hard work patience and dedication. Constant, year long progression is what kept me hooked and that wouldn't have been the case had the learning curve been short.
Learning isn't the only reason. The sabering system itself is unalluring to me, had I liked it I would've learned it. It's just two guys standing and hitting each other, then when they run out of BP they start running or stand looking at each other and then when their BP is high attack again and repeat until one of them is struck down.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Learning isn't the only reason. The sabering system itself is unalluring to me, had I liked it I would've learned it. It's just two guys standing and hitting each other, then when they run out of BP they start running or stand looking at each other and then when their BP is high attack again and repeat until one of them is struck down.

You can simplify anything if you put it like that. So basically because you dont want to learn it, it should be made into something that requires absolutely no skill?

Learning isn't the only reason. The gunning system itself is unalluring to me, had I liked it I would've learned it. It's just two guys strafing and shooting each other, then when they run out of AMMO they start running or both sit in cover looking at each other and then when they reload start shooting again and repeat until one of them is finally shot dead.

I just don't like it. Period. What, are you trying to make it that I don't like it because I'm not wanting to learn? Why am I explaining anything when you are just going to keep saying what I've just negated? How come I've learned everything about the JKA system, and it's not easy either - diagonal fan with staff and duals, diagonal fan with moving forward, poke, fan with staff and duals with moving forward, blocking, staff kick DFA, and many other things, then how to catch the enemy off guard, how to strike through their block, how to hit them without being hit yourself, when to hit, when to time katas and special moves, etc., and practising all that day in day out to perfect it. That post I wrote is just a brief explanation of why I don't like the MB2 system (and there is more in my previous posts), I'm sure you don't want to read novels, and I'm not into writing them anyway. All in all, the JKA system will always be better than the MB2 one for me.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Tl;dr = People have different opinions on gameplay. Nothing new.

Adjustments/tweaks for sabering that haven't been fully finished/that weren't included in this patch are being made specifically to help with being able to understand/learn the sabering system. Math is hard though so it's still going to take some time for things like visual PB zones in training duels to be fully functional and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.