•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Is my screen to big for movie battles 2?

So I just got a brand new laptop, and screen isn't too much bigger than the one I used to have. My current computer now, when I start up Movie Battles 2 it'll have the black walls on both sides, and I tried changing my resolution to both my PC and the game but I've had no luck. The game is super fun and it'd really suck if I had to stop playing it because my screen was too small.
My screen size is 15.6 in, and my old one was around the same, if you need any more info I'd be more than happy to share.

Thanks.

Well when I say "no luck," I'm talking about how it doesn't fix my problem. But to be more specific, whenever I start the game up I get these two black walls that take up most of the screen and they cover the left and right of the screen. I wish I could show you a screen shot, but all of the ones I took seem to show the game looking fine. I've tried messing around with the display on my desktop and I've done all the DPI changes, but it doesn't help.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I wish I could show you a screen shot, but all of the ones I took seem to show the game looking fine.
Make a photo using smartphone.
I've tried messing around with the display on my desktop and I've done all the DPI changes, but it doesn't help.
MBII => Setup => Video => click "Video mode" until "Custom resolution" appears and enter an exact resolution of your monitor.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
This just sounds like you haven't set your resolution in-game. The default resolutions available from the menu are 4:3 instead of widescreen because it's an old game, so you see those black bars on the left and right sides where the image doesn't reach, because the image isn't wide. :p

The screenshots you take are also in 4:3, because that's the resolution your computer is rendering at, so they don't show the "black bars." The "black bars" are basically just inactive screen space.

Figure out what your screen's resolution is by clicking this link: What is my screen resolution

And then set your in-game settings like so (replacing the "1920" and "1080" with whatever corresponds to your screen.)
like so.png