Increasing The Playerbase

Which servers are you joining? These trolling idiots are mostly 14 year olds and by no means veterans.
I was just in the SF OPEN antispam server, the behaviour I described in the first paragraph was happening just 5-10mins ago. I know it's not always like this, but it definitely happens. I'm not going to publicly name anyone but they're people that I've seen repeated times who appear to be vets to me. Of course I might be wrong.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I was just in the SF OPEN antispam server, the behaviour I described in the first paragraph was happening just 5-10mins ago. I know it's not always like this, but it definitely happens. I'm not going to publicly name anyone but they're people that I've seen repeated times who appear to be vets to me. Of course I might be wrong.

Interactions outside the objective keep people around in this mod for so long.

Spamming taunts, doing melee. You must be itching to respawn after being killed but your round is over. If somebody is deliberately wasting the time you can shout in the chat 'Admin <name of the player> it will be solved fairly quickly. If entire server is full of people that as you said it are "trolling" move to a different one or get a class that can kill them all and keep killing them until they stop - it's fun!

I agree with you, but I also think you shouldn't take every round very seriously.

I don't support trolling and I usually leave the server if it becomes really annoying. However, I think it's not that bad to have a few rounds where people do what you described.

There aren't many games in which you can do crazy things like that and have so much fun. "Helping" the enemy Sith who didn't attack you by kicking your clone teammate (you should know what I'm talking about :p), charging with a rocket ARC and blowing 'em up...

What I'm trying to say is that it's not necessarily bad to have a "crazy" round every 15 or so "serious" rounds.
It can be irritating to some players, but (what you call trolling) is not done intentionally to make others angry. It's done because it's fun.

Ok, so I appreciate your responses but lets clarify some things here. This type of behavior was carried out by 5-6 maybe even 7 players (I didn't really keep count but at least 5). They were doing this kind of stuff repeatedly for at least 5 rounds I think. I understand open isn't FA but let's face facts here. The open mode servers are the most populated ones. Of the EU servers the SF open is the most populated one. I understand having fun in open. I try not to interfere too much with 2 people having fun together but taking up so many slots on a server and being a big detriment to your team and the enjoyment of all the other players? I don't think your right to messing around is greater than the right of anyone joining the server and playing the map as it was intended to be played. I especially don't understand why these people need 20 other people in there with them if they're just going to stand around together in a circle? Also, a new player running up against an enemy saberist fighting one of their allies only to be kicked down repeatedly by their ally until they die to the enemy isn't exactly good behavior.

I think you need to separate servers so that there are servers for those people who want to have a serious match and those who want to have fun and do other stuff can go to another server. I don't think you'll retain a lot of new players by accepting these kinds of behavior in what in my opinion is the most popular and populated gamemode/servers which is where most new players would go.

I might be wrong in my assumptions if so this mod is probably not for me. I'm trying to learn my classes and have a good time playing the objective and I would appreciate people taking their boredom somewhere else like one of those proposed FFA servers.

Ok, so I appreciate your responses but lets clarify some things here. This type of behavior was carried out by 5-6 maybe even 7 players (I didn't really keep count but at least 5). They were doing this kind of stuff repeatedly for at least 5 rounds I think. I understand open isn't FA but let's face facts here. The open mode servers are the most populated ones. Of the EU servers the SF open is the most populated one. I understand having fun in open. I try not to interfere too much with 2 people having fun together but taking up so many slots on a server and being a big detriment to your team and the enjoyment of all the other players? I don't think your right to messing around is greater than the right of anyone joining the server and playing the map as it was intended to be played. I especially don't understand why these people need 20 other people in there with them if they're just going to stand around together in a circle? Also, a new player running up against an enemy saberist fighting one of their allies only to be kicked down repeatedly by their ally until they die to the enemy isn't exactly good behavior.

I think you need to separate servers so that there are servers for those people who want to have a serious match and those who want to have fun and do other stuff can go to another server. I don't think you'll retain a lot of new players by accepting these kinds of behavior in what in my opinion is the most popular and populated gamemode/servers which is where most new players would go.

I might be wrong in my assumptions if so this mod is probably not for me. I'm trying to learn my classes and have a good time playing the objective and I would appreciate people taking their boredom somewhere else like one of those proposed FFA servers.
You're in the right here don't worry. Trolling like this is against almost all server's rules so just report them and show no sympathy.
There are a lot of kids in this mod sadly that think timewasting and teamkilling is fun and there is a constant battle against them.

first step should be to shut down the SF server. A server where I can't spec the enemy. Hundreds of new guys have told me that the SF server is what puts them off and makes them immediately uninstall the game (understandable)
Millions of new guys told me they uninstalled the game because the deka wasn't playing "Gotta go fast" when rolling.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Millions of new guys told me they uninstalled the game because the deka wasn't playing "Gotta go fast" when rolling.

1tcc55.jpg