Improve administrating a server

AaronAaron

Donator
  • If someone is banned, let the server owners leave a message for banned players if they reconnect. E.g: If @Quinto is banned and tries to reconnect, there can be a message like "Visit www.jediorderacademy.com and make an unban request". It saves people the time and effort to search for the server owners.
  • Allow SMOD users to leave messages after they have kicked/tempbanned/banned soemone. An easy way for people to find out why the have been kicked/tempbanned/banned
  • Allow server owners to censor words/names in the server.cfg. I think there is a way to stop people connecting with certain names, but if the server has a "no racism" rule, then it could automatically mute someone for saying that stuff. Easier for admins because its all automated.
  • Allow SMOD users to leave a message after they have forceteamed someone.
  • Allow players to PM all admins at once (similar to @Garth 's thread).
  • Fix shuffle lol
  • Set a timer on /smod logout. Don't allow people to log out straight away.
  • mprove the banlist. When someone uses /rcon banlist, allow them to see the message the admin put after banning them and the player's name at the time.
  • Fix the disconnected IPs part on /smod status. It never works when needed.
  • On /smod who, allow SMOD users to see people who logged out of SMOD
  • Remove /smod nextmap. I dont think its ever been used.
  • Same with /smod gametype.

All i could think of. Tell me if i got anything wrong :- - - - - - - - - - D

What I'm saying here is that such change would not significantly address the current issues in regards to trolling/laming/game ruining. Creating a new email account probably takes less than a minute and it's an utterly unconvincing argument in my opinion. The development team implements changes/improvements very slowly (I do appreciate their work and understand that they are doing it for free most of the time, and have limited time and resources). What I'm suggesting is that the devs focus their efforts on changes and recommendations that could potentially make a significant improvement in the gameplay rather than focusing their efforts on a system that as of now appears unconvincing when compared with the large amount of time and resources it would take to actually implement.

Last edited:
I would love if I could add a message for a player I /smod kick. When server is full, I am sometimes forced to kick afkers so new players can connect. It would be good to know that the player got kicked because he was afk and we needed to make space on the server, not because he was breaking rules or being admin abused :)

With that in mind, I would also love is /smod status displayed the team each player is in (e.g. blue, red, spec)

Last edited:

AaronAaron

Donator
To add to this: It would be nice to extend the tempbans to hours/days/weeks/months/years/decades