Imp vs. Reb Variety

So this has been on my mind for a really long time and would appreciate other people's thoughts on this.

I think there's a lack of variety in gameplay on the Imp side when compared to Rebs, and this makes me always prefer Rebs when playing. Their classes are more diverse and creative so when I go from a clone trooper to a wookie, for example, the gameplay feels very unique. The clone trooper has blobs and arcs can either snipe, go pulse, or just rockets. Wookies introduce completely new gameplay where you can just melee people to death.

In comparison to that, most of the Imp classes seem very mundane and boring. The SBD class, while it's very tough, literally does nothing other than point and click. It's the same with the Deka, just run around, point and shoot, the only difference is hp or movement speed (to grossly generalize). Soldier, ET, SBD and Droideka essentially feel like the same class to me. And the most creative (or fun) class being the Mando -- simply because of how different it works in comparison to the others.

Why not just introduce or amend classes with simple mechanics such as a deployable temporary shield for ETs that can prevent allies from taking damage, or a hook to catch extremely mobile enemies (aka heroes). Or just another melee class on the imp side. Just be creative.

These are all, of course, just my opinions and you a free to disagree with me. Just chiming in my two cents.

The majority of maps I play on have rebs as attacking. NA only plays deathstar and dotf which are attacking, i know rebs defend on hoth/kamino. point is rebs are fast imps are slow and that's why imp is boring

The majority of maps I play on have rebs as attacking. NA only plays deathstar and dotf which are attacking, i know rebs defend on hoth/kamino. point is rebs are fast imps are slow and that's why imp is boring
You say that even though Imps have
  • The fastest class in the game (Deka)
  • The most mobile class in the game (Mando)

The fastest class in the game (Deka)
deka can't move and make actions at the same time, you are either going fast or attacking, there is no inbetween unless you count getting sabered during your deploy animation as a third option

The most mobile class in the game (Mando)
arc/speed jedi both rival or even exceed mando's mobility. mando has no good getups so the moment you knock it down it's screwed. both of these classes are extremely clunky as opposed to jedi/arc which are much more fluid to use and both get their speed from resource pools that regenerate over time. mando's speed gets pulled from both it's fuel that it has to spend for and from it's flamethrower which blows the fuel you need for the jetpack.

mando can get to weird places but it's generally only meant to seat itself into those weird places and then camp out for snipe shots. in practice mandos are extremely clunky and only achieve mobility worth caring about if someone jetpacks into a roll, otherwise you have a guy sliding around in the air for easy projectile leading.