Ideas for nerfs/buffs

Should push be like pull, where you actually have to aim?

• Total voters
Just making a quick post, I won't put a ton of thought into this but I'll throw some ideas out there to help balance out the game.

Mandos:
-Slower reload times for EE-3

Pistol 3:
Primary fire of P3 does 45
And a full charge does 78
Should a full charge do a little more? Because the time it takes to fire a full charge (like 3 seconds) You could have just shot 3 times.

So if you primary fire 3 times, you can do around 135 damage and allows you to get 2 extra shots than a full charge. And what if the full charge doesnt hit?
I feel like full charge should be an actual tactic of fighting, where you are rewarded for taking a huge risk, not just some ballsy move to MAYBE hit someone across the hall. Maybe im not doing the math right lol.

Force users:
Increase pull's vulnerability time for an extra 0.3 seconds? It seems impossibly quick to me.

Change grip somehow? It seems very one sided. Either you use it on a jedi who has no pull/push and the jedi dies or runs away from the sith the whole fight, or it's useless as a jedi has push. I don't mind grip either way. just an idea!

We've been over this, but maybe just give sith purple lightsabers? like a magenta or dark purple?

Possibly decrease pushes range? That could be it. I always make sure to walk when jedi get close but it seems that I always get pushed from like a mile away and it's frustrating.

Possibly decrease push into a line, not a cone , almost like pull. Any jedi can aim 30 feet to the left of a player and still push him/her.
I think this could be it. This would prevent noobs from spamming it and not even aiming and still pushing people over. I specifically use pull as a jedi sometimes because it's an actual challenge to aim at the gunner, and feels rewarding when I hit that pull!

I just realized that this idea is dumb push would need some benefits because why not choose pull?

or... what if push cost 20 fp and was like pull? The point of using push would be using less fp!

Maybe push gets a little
ARC's:
I don't know if it's really needed but the ARC sniper is so insanely weak to me. It takes like 4-5 good shots in the chest to just kill a sith or gunner. I don't use ARC like at all, so I don't know. Don't judge me on this one.

Last edited:
I've been wanting this for a long time, alot of people want it, but the thing is that a sucessful Pull is far more rewardful then a Push will ever be 85% of time, and that, for the Same Effort? Wouldnt work too well.

So I feel to make it fair, the approach would be to make them alike, in the way that you need to Aim, but Push could be Sligthy less Punishable in a way you can Aim Few Milimeter On Sides Of The Models and still make it work.

But right now, its so messy that you can about do a 360 Camera Flip with Push and Knock Everyones on their ass's.

Another option would be to rework the effects it has! Or make it cost more points for how good/easy it is.

What about revamping some aspect of Mindtrick too? Barely no one use it because you literally Spoil your self from 1km each time you Activate it, each time it Ends, but also leave your own self Defenceless.

Meh.

- Since you now know me, you also know I wont contest about the damage ;) Lets go!

Blasters should feel powerful.

- Full Charge
should also definitly be more rewarding! It's much Harder and Risky to aim and use Overall, than to simply Spam ur shit until some Unlucky soul get caught into it, all while D/A dancing for your life.

- 0.3 more seconds seems resonable for me concerning how Pull's windows is so, so short.

-
I like Grip like it is presently, but Some people can be incredibly annoying pesky with it, but I wouldnt change it, i'd give Jedi some cool Force Powers too.

We could add new ones to compete with Grip, its not ideas that lack from the lore! But i'd really primary like to see some tweaks to MindTrick, its so Iconic, its so core to the Jedi since the First Movie!

Its actually even the Third Force Power we've ever, ever saw, while also being the First one we've both Heard of & got an Explanation for!

Yet its so bad in MB2, no one ever use it...

No one ever use it, but once per 3 months just to feel that.. exitation of playing with something that differs from the build you always take, cuz... Its the only viable one out of the 3 you can go for.... ?

Then you see how bad it is and just come back to your own build.

Meh

-
Shit, I'm all in to add new colors to Sith! Heck I'm the worse DarkForce2 fan, i'd give them any colors they want honestly lol, but I do understand the confusion that would happen from it.

Purple Variations are totally fine, lets go.

- ARC's
sniper is kinda good tho, you need to use Dex.3 and make Snipers Jump Shots! But idk how many people use it that way, so I wont go too further into that one.

Also If you're in shit and need to go full auto, you also dont have to bother switching weapons, just to unscope, these few seconds can open alot of opportunities.

Bolt traveling speed on scope is perfect too, id give all blasters that speed, feels more like in the movies.

Last edited:
I've been wanting this for a long time, alot of people want it, but the thing is that a sucessful Pull is far more rewardful then a Push will ever be 85% of time, and that, for the Same Effort? Wouldnt work too well.

So I feel to make it fair, the approach would be to make them alike, in the way that you need to Aim, but Push could be Sligthy less Punishable in a way you can Aim Few Milimeter On Sides Of The Models and still make it work.

But right now, its so messy that you can about do a 360 Camera Flip with Push and Knock Everyones on their ass's.

Another option would be to rework the effects it has! Or make it cost more points for how good/easy it is.

What about revamping some aspect of Mindtrick too? Barely no one use it because you literally Spoil your self from 1km each time you Activate it, each time it Ends, but also leave your own self Defenceless.

Meh.

- Since you now know me, you also know I wont contest about the damage ;) Lets go!

Blasters should feel powerful.

- Full Charge
should also definitly be more rewarding! It's much Harder and Risky to aim and use Overall, than to simply Spam ur shit until some Unlucky soul get caught into it, all while D/A dancing for your life.

- 0.3 more seconds seems resonable for me concerning how Pull's windows is so, so short.

-
I like Grip like it is presently, but Some people can be incredibly annoying pesky with it, but I wouldnt change it, i'd give Jedi some cool Force Powers too.

We could add new ones to compete with Grip, its not ideas that lack from the lore! But i'd really primary like to see some tweaks to MindTrick, its so Iconic, its so core to the Jedi since the First Movie!

Its actually even the Third Force Power we've ever, ever saw, while also being the First one we've both Heard of & got an Explanation for!

Yet its so bad in MB2, no one ever use it...

No one ever use it, but once per 3 months just to feel that.. exitation of playing with something that differs from the build you always take, cuz... Its the only viable one out of the 3 you can go for.... ?

Then you see how bad it is and just come back to your own build.

Meh

-
Shit, I'm all in to add new colors to Sith! Heck I'm the worse DarkForce2 fan, i'd give them any colors they want honestly lol, but I do understand the confusion that would happen from it.

Purple Variations are totally fine, lets go.

- ARC's
sniper is kinda good tho, you need to use Dex.3 and make Snipers Jump Shots! But idk how many people use it that way, so I wont go too further into that one.

Also If you're in shit and need to go full auto, you also dont have to bother switching weapons, just to unscope, these few seconds can open alot of opportunities.

Bolt traveling speed on scope is perfect too, id give all blasters that speed, feels more like in the movies.
Thanks for the reply! I like your criticism.

I've seen plenty of people use mindtrick. I've flamed those same people out of how easily they killed me due to the beautiful chaos going around, and kill a few of my team. So it's not total shit.
I like the speed of blaster bolts, but I do think everything should have a small dmg increase. Arc sniper is my favorite dex build, and even if I lost some of my skill, I still consider myself to be a mean green arc. I don't agree with making it too suoer powerful but I do want a bit more power in my blaster. On the other hand, I don't want it to be insanely hard to clutch as a gunner. Imagine T 21 dodge. •internal screaming•
I feel increasing pulls vulnerability time by a few seconds would be ok.
I honestly don't support the idea of slower reload on EE-3. It'd be more annoying than anything. A good/ decent jedi can catch a mando in his flames if he's smart and rushes, or catch the mando when he tries to fly off. I can see the frustration but I don't see a huge problem. Deka annoys me more when it wheels off going making that racket.

I've seen plenty of people use mindtrick. I've flamed those same people out of how easily they killed me due to the beautiful chaos going around, and kill a few of my team. So it's not total shit.
I like the speed of blaster bolts, but I do think everything should have a small dmg increase. Arc sniper is my favorite dex build, and even if I lost some of my skill, I still consider myself to be a mean green arc. I don't agree with making it too suoer powerful but I do want a bit more power in my blaster. On the other hand, I don't want it to be insanely hard to clutch as a gunner. Imagine T 21 dodge. •internal screaming•
I feel increasing pulls vulnerability time by a few seconds would be ok.
I honestly don't support the idea of slower reload on EE-3. It'd be more annoying than anything. A good/ decent jedi can catch a mando in his flames if he's smart and rushes, or catch the mando when he tries to fly off. I can see the frustration but I don't see a huge problem. Deka annoys me more when it wheels off going making that racket.
I like the things you pointed out. I just think as a mando I can shoot up to 4 times (as a sniper) within a few seconds and not even think about it. aside from a proj that makes you think that every shot counts.

Bumping this thread. Idk if that's allowed but I want more people to cast their opinion on the idea that force push should be exactly like pull but cost 5 less fp since it pushes the attacker AWAY than toward, like pull.

Push is fine IMO, aiming it would be more annoying than anything. Pushing multiple people down is fine, but pulling multiple people and their weapons is OP as fk.

Push is fine IMO, aiming it would be more annoying than anything. Pushing multiple people down is fine, but pulling multiple people and their weapons is OP as fk.
I don't know if you understood what I was saying. Sorry let me clarify:

"Push will be exactly like pull."
So push would cost 20 fp, and you would have to aim it just like pull. The advantage of push is that it costs less fp, but the cons is that it pushes one person AWAY.

Pull costs 25 fp and you would have to aim it like pull. The advantage of pull is that it pulls one person toward you, but the cons is that it costs more fp.

I personally prefer this way as it prevents these unskilled noobs who just aim at everything and manage to push people over. I think there needs to be skill involved in force powers, not just hoping you time it right

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I agree that Pistol charging probably needs some looking at. Time between charge ticks being lower (maybe) + damage cap being raised (also the starting point being higher than level 1 shots) would put it in a much better place without overdoing it.

As for force powers, now that the saber v saber stuff is wrapping up, I have been able to work a lot more on the pseudo-rework (stuff from my Force Attunement posts but further expanded) for saberists in open mode that should address most of the problems (either disparities in effort vs effect, skill for reward, actual variety, etc). I'm hoping to get a post-able/discussable thing put together in the near future.

I agree that Pistol charging probably needs some looking at. Time between charge ticks being lower (maybe) + damage cap being raised (also the starting point being higher than level 1 shots) would put it in a much better place without overdoing it.

As for force powers, now that the saber v saber stuff is wrapping up, I have been able to work a lot more on the pseudo-rework (stuff from my Force Attunement posts but further expanded) for saberists in open mode that should address most of the problems (either disparities in effort vs effect, skill for reward, actual variety, etc). I'm hoping to get a post-able/discussable thing put together in the near future.
That's great that you are working on stuff for open!

I really like charging the pistol and I think it should be used more. Like in a situation where I knew a sith was hiding, and he didn't know I knew, I charged up my pistol and as soon as he came out swinging I was able to blast him into space. There should be more of that.

I don't know if you understood what I was saying. Sorry let me clarify:

"Push will be exactly like pull."
So push would cost 20 fp, and you would have to aim it just like pull. The advantage of push is that it costs less fp, but the cons is that it pushes one person AWAY.

Pull costs 25 fp and you would have to aim it like pull. The advantage of pull is that it pulls one person toward you, but the cons is that it costs more fp.

I personally prefer this way as it prevents these unskilled noobs who just aim at everything and manage to push people over. I think there needs to be skill involved in force powers, not just hoping you time it right

Apologies, I guess I didn't clarify enough. What I'm saying is, if you don't have to aim push and you get multiple targets, it's fine, but if you didn't have to aim pull, it would be way too OP. I feel if you needed to aim with push, more people would just get pull, since it would basically be just as difficult to pull off as push, but more rewarding instead.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Just some first looks at tweaking Pistol 3 charge damage.
Currently, it starts at 26 base damage, scales up to a cap of 60 (6.8 increase in damage per tick). This means it takes 2 ticks (1 second) to catch up, 3 to overcome default pewpewpewing with primary fires.

With a base of 28 (same as dual westars) and a cap of 75 (for reference: dual westars cap at 53 x 2 = 106 with both shots hitting, bowcaster is currently 90 but being changed...), that's 9.4 damage per tick which means it's now 2 ticks to overcome default primary fire damage with an extra 7 damage added onto the shot. Sound more like the realm of fair for the time spent not shooting for the punch you're packing?