I want to do some in-depth testing

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Eh...

I’m kinda not THAT advanced. Can you explain that in layman terms?
Frame rate - Wikipedia
Game gets drawn with as many FPS as possible. More FPS - less time delay between each.
The game can execute multiple commands per each frame (when you move with WASD, shoot, slice with saber, jump etc) so everything goes smooth on each frame.
With "wait" command you can make a delay between commands execution that delayed by frames that is 2nd argument in wait command or by one frame if there is not argument:
"+moveup; wait 10; -moveup" //hold jump and stop holding it in 10 frames
"+attack; wait; -attack" //hold attack and delay unholding for one frame

So if my computer can easily handle over 60 FPS at all times and I set a 60 FPS cap, that will mean “wait 60” will always cause 1 sec delay, “wait 30” will always cause 0.5 sec delay, and “wait 10” will always cause 1/6 sec delay (for example)?

ent

Movie Battles II Team
So if my computer can easily handle over 60 FPS at all times and I set a 60 FPS cap, that will mean “wait 60” will always cause 1 sec delay, “wait 30” will always cause 0.5 sec delay, and “wait 10” will always cause 1/6 sec delay (for example)?
Yes, but not just over 60, it has to be exactly 60 in your example case, if it's over then frame time will be even less.