I Interviewed the Creator of Jedi Academy's Lightsaber Combat and the MB II EU Admin

I was lucky enough to interview Mike Gummelt, the programmer responsible for the creation of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy's lightsaber combat. You can find the video here:

I also interviewed the Movie Battles 2 EU Admin, SeV, to get an insight into the MB II community, you find that here:

Let me know what you think of the videos! I hope I did the MB II community justice!

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Ooh, intellectual clickbait vids. :D

I hope your vids do well, they seem well-produced and if they succeeded they would bring more of the right kind of players to mb2.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This stuff is amazing. It is so cool to hear from the guy who made the original combat system. Good job on the interviews

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Great stuff, enjoyed both vids a lot. Thanks for making these! :)

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
This stuff is amazing. It is so cool to hear from the guy who made the original combat system. Good job on the interviews
Yeah I second that. It was very interesting to hear from the actual dude. I never even imagined it was possible :)

Edit: Ah how far I have come, to be known as the EU Server admin!

Last edited:

Antraxo

Donator
Awesome interview was really professional! Love that he is happy that the game is still active!

You can see my opinion down in the comments below, but I'll say it again I'm happy that mod continues to live and this video made mb2 more popular. I saw a guy that said that he download the mod after the video. Movie battles is growing bigger, so let's spread it as much as we can.

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
Thanks for the awesome interview! I'm glad the guy put so much effort into making the games expandable, it's helped launch many game design careers (mine included) XD

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Thanks for the awesome interview! I'm glad the guy put so much effort into making the games expandable, it's helped launch many game design careers (mine included) XD
Agreed, I wouldn't be where I am without JKA's moddability.