•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Hud is still stretched out and disproportionate

So I did everything as usual to get widescreen and it is working fine, but I still have a noticeable issue. My hud is still stretched out. I went into setup and found an option called widescreen UI fix or something like that, but that doesn't appear to change anything. Anyone know how to fix this? The stretched hud is a little too distracting.

And for the record, I run a 16:9 resolution with mbii.x86 and my HUD doesn't get stretched, as far as I can tell, so I'm really not sure why you're having that issue.

c27bdd9a9269a664bd213e575f861b21.jpg
If that is your screenshot, then it looks like you do indeed have stretched hud. Mine looks just like that. Going off of what @Puppytine showed, it seems running it with the jamp client will fix the issue
And just for the record: I've made 2 screenshots, that do show difference between jamp and mbii.x86 in widescreen mode:

90466f95cc34.jpg

46c045ac95cd.jpg

Last edited:

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'm probably used to it then. I played during a time where widescreen resolutions were just because standard and we didn't support widescreen UI at all.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The only way to get the launcher to use JAMP is to install Jedi Academy to the default directory on C: drive where Steam is installed to. Running the game directly through Steam (adding the +set fs_game "MBII" to the launch parameters) will run vanilla jamp.

And for the record, I run a 16:9 resolution with mbii.x86 and my HUD doesn't get stretched, as far as I can tell, so I'm really not sure why you're having that issue.

c27bdd9a9269a664bd213e575f861b21.jpg
I lol'd so hardly
It's stretched too, you just can't see it. :D
So I drew perfect circles at your shot to make it all more obvious:

87f2cc84f650.jpg

EDIT:
I didn't see last posts when I send my reply...

I'm probably used to it then. I played during a time where widescreen resolutions were just because standard and we didn't support widescreen UI at all.
Yeah that is understandable. Thank you all for the help. I'm not home at the moment so I can't test it out just yet, but once I get it sorted out I'll update the post as solved.

lol supa wtf, how can you seriously not see the difference between a proper circle and a stretched one
that's like playing with a 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 monitor and not notice that your character is stretched/fat
but then, there's loads of people who can't tell the difference until it's pointed out to them, it's just out of my comprehension how is that even possible

Hey dont rag on him, I have trouble seeing this stuff too.
I just accept shitty graphics because I don't put in the time to fix my graphics.
I tried it, but when I look inside the config file it looks like a bible and I just noped out.

/ generated by Star Wars Jedi Academy, do not modify unbindall bind SHIFT "+speed" bind CTRL "+attack" bind ALT "+altattack" bind TAB "datapad" bind ENTER "+use" bind F1 "force_throw" bind F2 "force_pull" bind F3 "force_speed" bind F4 "force_sight" bind SPACE "+moveup" bind , "+moveleft" bind - "weapon 10" bind . "+moveright" bind / "+mlook" bind 0 "weapon 9" bind 1 "weapon 1" bind 2 "weapon 2" bind 3 "weapon 3" bind 4 "weapon 4" bind 5 "weapon 5" bind 6 "weapon 6" bind 7 "weapon 7" bind 8 "weapon 8" bind 9 "weapon 13" bind = "weapon 0" bind A "+moveleft" bind C "+movedown" bind D "+moveright" bind E "forcenext" bind F "+useforce" bind L "saberAttackCycle" bind M "datapad" bind P "cg_thirdperson !" bind Q "forceprev" bind R "+use" bind S "+back" bind V "+strafe" bind W "+forward" bind [ "weapprev" bind \ "weapongrabbed" bind ] "weapnext" bind ` "toggleconsole" bind ~ "toggleconsole" bind MWHEELUP "weapprev" bind MWHEELDOWN "weapnext" r_facePlaneCull "1" seta r_gamma "1" seta r_swapInterval "1" seta r_textureMode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR" seta r_finish "0" seta r_dlightBacks "0" seta r_dynamiclight "1" seta r_drawSun "0" seta r_fastsky "0" seta r_ignoreGLErrors "1" seta r_lodscale "10" seta r_flares "1" seta r_lodbias "0" seta r_lodCurveError "250" seta r_intensity "1" seta r_subdivisions "4" seta r_vertexLight "0" seta r_simpleMipMaps "1" seta r_customheight "1024" seta r_customwidth "1600" seta r_fullscreen "0" seta r_mode "8" seta r_ignorehwgamma "0" seta r_overBrightBits "0"

I pasted this to show an example.

Oh if somebody can give me their config file with everything adjusted for a 1920x1080 moniter, that would be great.
Vongs gave me his but it was a jka+ config and it didn't work.
I just have standard JKA.

Last edited:

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
lol supa wtf, how can you seriously not see the difference between a proper circle and a stretched one
that's like playing with a 4:3 aspect ratio on a 16:9 monitor and not notice that your character is stretched/fat
but then, there's loads of people who can't tell the difference until it's pointed out to them, it's just out of my comprehension how is that even possible
I'm old, I wasn't around when those options were added, and when I came back I went straight to using openjk or mbii.x86, which don't support it. I always thought it was normal. :p

Oh if somebody can give me their config file with everything adjusted for a 1920x1080 moniter, that would be great.
Vongs gave me his but it was a jka+ config and it didn't work.
I just have standard JKA.
Find the following using the ctrl+f and switch it to the following:

seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1080"

Add this line to the bottom of the file:
seta cg_fov "95"

Make sure to save the file too.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Can you please set your resolution using gui (NOT editing config) to 1000 x 400, turn windowed mode on, then launch some map and make screenshot, then upload screenshot and config to forum? Better upload file, not just copy-paste.
Also I must say formatting of config you've posted is really messed up.
I'm old, I wasn't around when those options were added, and when I came back I went straight to using openjk or mbii.x86, which don't support it. I always thought it was normal. :p
rofl guys, just rofl :D :D :D
btw "stretched circle" called "ellipse"

Last edited:
Also I must say formatting of config you've posted is really messed up.
Tell me about it, that's how the config file formatted when I installed the game.
I never touched it until vongs told me to look at it, came looking like a spaghetti bible.

Edit: Here you go pops.
paarbr.png

a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/urszyo.rar
Copy and paste into an address bar.
For some reson it wont let me upload my config file, in rar, or 7z with the fourms upload feature.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Tell me about it, that's how the config file formatted when I installed the game.
I never touched it until vongs told me to look at it, came looking like a spaghetti bible.
Well anyway I wanna see things from my previous post.
And thinking about this issue for last few minutes I just can't fight feeling that you actually use mbii.x86.exe...

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Yes.
Is that a bad thing?

lmrnpf.png

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME
AWESOME

47948f227cdd.gif

563f035e3c2c.jpg

MBII client = mbii.x86.exe :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Please read this whole topic from first post, it really explains everything.

I am too retarded to understand what this means.

Is there something I need to do?
I am not quite sure what you want me to follow on page 1, can you quote what you want me to do?