•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server How to Make a private server

i have a server set up and it can run but my friends cant join and all we want to do is the youngling challange if you havent seen it this is it
but if anyone can please help me that would be greatly appreciated thank you

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Need some details of your setup to really be able to help you.

How have you setup your server?

Are you trying to connect over lan or internet?

If over the internet how is your connection set up? Have you enabled things like port forwarding?

Need some details of your setup to really be able to help you.

How have you setup your server?

Are you trying to connect over lan or internet?

If over the internet how is your connection set up? Have you enabled things like port forwarding?
i want to connect over internet so my friends can join i have the server set up and i can join but idk how to port forward

To port forward, follow this steps.
If you dont know how to enter your internet device, then do this
1) Press Windows key + R
2) Type CMD and press Enter
3) Type ipconfig
4) Look for the gateway IP, and put in on the web browser

Also, add firewall exceptions on your PC, and check your antivirus :)

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    87.1 KB · Views: 655
  • 1.png
    1.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 660

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
We need much more information from you.

Does your server appear in in-game server list?
If it does, what exactly happens when your friend is trying to connect your server?

If your server isn't present in the list, ask your friend to connect your server manually, by opening a console by pressing Shift + ~ (aka Shift + `), and typing:
Code:
/connect 12.34.56.78:29070
Replace this dummy IP-address with your real, external IP!
Describe what exactly happens when your friend is trying to connect your server. Any error messages?

You must configure or disable your firewall, if any, in order to host a server.

You must configure port forwarding if you have a router, in order to host a server.
Here is some manual about port forwarding. While it's written for some specific routers, it can be easily used as a general port-forwarding guide:
Hosting Server: Windows
To find out how to set up port forwarding for your exact router, google "<router brand> <router model> port forwarding", example:
d-link dsl 504t port forwarding - Google Search

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If you can manage to do all of that, you have to enable cheats. set an rconpassword in the server config then in game type in console "/rcon rconpassword {password}" without quotes or brackets. Then "/rcon devmap {mapname}" to be able to spawn in npcs.

Hi guys, I would live to revive the topic.
How can you spawn NPC's and give wepons to other players etc. as rcon/admin without enabling chats?
I saw it was possible. Could you please post the commands?