•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server How to host?

How do I host? Can you give me a guide of how to do it? I know the portforward and stuff , thats done I just need the files.

I get this problem..
UUFroPC

Last edited:
I don't know what you are talking about, please make a screenshot of your server's console.

Edit: I see there is picture in your post, but I can't see it.
Upload it on forum or use good image hosting.
right click it and click open image in browser or whatever.. I don't know what browser you use. I used imgur to upload that.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
right click it and click open image in browser or whatever.. I don't know what browser you use. I used imgur to upload that.
Now I've managed to see it. You used wrong link to embed picture.
The problem is you didn't create a config file for your server. Please read thread about hosting again, and create a config in Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII folder.

Now I've managed to see it. You used wrong link to embed picture.
The problem is you didn't create a config file for your server. Please read thread about hosting again, and create a config in Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII folder.
Thanks.. Is there a specific forum for mods and stuff like that for the server?

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
What about the udp?
I don't understand your question, the only setting related to udp I know is net_noudp.
I think it's related will be a server shown in "Local" server list, 0 = show 1 = don't show (but I'm not sure).

Edit: Now I get it.
It's named as UDP because server is on computer or in your local network.
To make sure is your port forwarding correct, check is your server listed in Internet server list, both in game and here:
Movie Battles II Server List
*or*
ask somebody to connect your server. You need to give that person your external IP address, you can see it here:
My IP Information - WhatIsMyIP.com®
What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More

Note: to have your server in the list of mb2 servers, you should add to a config:
Code:
seta sv_master1 "master.moviebattles.org" // Master servers - do not alter unless you know what you are doing.
seta sv_master2 "masterjk3.ravensoft.com"
seta sv_master3 "master.jkhub.org"
seta sv_master4 ""
seta sv_master5 ""

Last edited:
I don't understand your question, the only setting related to udp I know is net_noudp.
I think it's related will be a server shown in "Local" server list, 0 = show 1 = don't show (but I'm not sure).

Edit: Now I get it.
It's named as UDP because server is on computer or in your local network.
To make sure is your port forwarding correct, check is your server listed in Internet server list, both in game and here:
Movie Battles II Server List
*or*
ask somebody to connect your server. You need to give that person your external IP address, you can see it here:
My IP Information - WhatIsMyIP.com®
What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More

Note: to have your server in the list of mb2 servers, you should add to a config:
Code:
seta sv_master1 "master.moviebattles.org" // Master servers - do not alter unless you know what you are doing.
seta sv_master2 "masterjk3.ravensoft.com"
seta sv_master3 "master.jkhub.org"
seta sv_master4 ""
seta sv_master5 ""
I fixed it , Can you give me a list of commands? or a link to 1? I would like to know the console commands

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I fixed it , Can you give me a list of commands? or a link to 1? I would like to know the console commands
type
Code:
cmdlist
scroll the list using PageUp and PageDown keys.

File Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII\MBII Readme.html also contains description of some commands.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
How do i change the map? I know u can but it wont let me.. I use the "map" command but it says it cant find the map in the maps
Code:
map mb2_lunarbase
Change map on server:
Code:
rcon map mb2_lunarbase
Also please don't just talk about an issues, but quote exactly what did you type and what output did you get. Or post a screenshots.

Last edited: