How the fuck did this community become the worst gaming community out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the BEST star wars mod ever released so far, without any doubts in my mind. We all knew that. With a setup this good, it makes me wonder how the community got so fucking bad lol. I've been playing on and off for 3 years now and it has only gotten worse. If I could take a time machine to 2017 community I'd just fuckin stay there. Holy shit the absence of moderators on every duel server is killing the mode, god damn. Servers aren't as populated as they used to be, meaning if you wanna play duel, you're gonna play on the only server with more than 6 people on, whichever one that may be. And there's never any mods, so people like Heinrich can openly lame me on EU OFFICIAL of all places and not be punished.
I didn't get salty at being lamed over and over for just standing around or trying to duel today or the other night, and sure Heinrich, if you wanna comment something like "lol saltyfag get fucked noob" you totally can. I just miss this fucking game, bro. I miss when it fucking worked lol this game is being literally ruined by the community it has. I'm probably just gonna alias every single time I join a server now, cause theres no sense of playing together to have a good time. You're playing against everybody else in the server, whether it be open or duel or fa, to see who is the singular person who gets to have a good time. And its a damn shame, this game used to be really commendable, but I would now probably pay a friend or loved one never to download this mod.
My main point isn't to be woke or anything lol im just wondering man... with a game this fucking good, how did it get this bad

EDIT right after posting: inb4 rage comments from the people ruining the servers 🤩

Jvne

Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
gitgud.jpg

Killing lamers unites the server, its fun on both sides.

Translation: We need an award. For being the best, greatest, baddest toxic community out there. Of all time!

There will never be, there isn't and wasn't anyone better than us.

Mb2 Forever!!

For the Glory of the Peoples!!!

Having played Dota 2 and the Company of Heroes franchise for a very long time(Both very multiplayer focused), the mb2 community is up there on the toxicity scale but not quite there.

People for the most part are rational collected human beings but of course you have the usual suspects that are basically sub human degenerates who turn everything into toxic shit.

Toxic people don't ruin servers for the most part though; time wasting role players are the actual enemy in that regard.

Heinrich isn't even a good duelist
Yoink, you should put more than 3 hours of effort into this game and try to actually learn the mechanics, so you can kill low-intermediate level players like Heinrich. Keep practicing, you can apply to some clan like GJO or Cultist clan they can teach you the basics like swingblock and flipflop and jump countering with crouch boosting.

Karus

Donator
This is the BEST star wars mod ever released so far, without any doubts in my mind. We all knew that. With a setup this good, it makes me wonder how the community got so fucking bad lol. I've been playing on and off for 3 years now and it has only gotten worse. If I could take a time machine to 2017 community I'd just fuckin stay there. Holy shit the absence of moderators on every duel server is killing the mode, god damn. Servers aren't as populated as they used to be, meaning if you wanna play duel, you're gonna play on the only server with more than 6 people on, whichever one that may be. And there's never any mods, so people like Heinrich can openly lame me on EU OFFICIAL of all places and not be punished.
I didn't get salty at being lamed over and over for just standing around or trying to duel today or the other night, and sure Heinrich, if you wanna comment something like "lol saltyfag get fucked noob" you totally can. I just miss this fucking game, bro. I miss when it fucking worked lol this game is being literally ruined by the community it has. I'm probably just gonna alias every single time I join a server now, cause theres no sense of playing together to have a good time. You're playing against everybody else in the server, whether it be open or duel or fa, to see who is the singular person who gets to have a good time. And its a damn shame, this game used to be really commendable, but I would now probably pay a friend or loved one never to download this mod.
My main point isn't to be woke or anything lol im just wondering man... with a game this fucking good, how did it get this bad

EDIT right after posting: inb4 rage comments from the people ruining the servers 🤩
heimlich himmlus comin 4 ur sistus

Welcome to kid town

Community-Wise, MB2 Has always had a toxic community. Duel-Wise, well dueling got fucked in the ass and its been the same for almost over 2 years so you'd assume by now the dueling community has drastically started to decay. But you probably already know this because so many threads on dueling have been made and yet nothing has been done about this. Tempest Build Soon ™

Evian

Banned
I passed on my baton to Czostek before I quit the game/mod, I taught him everything I knew about my art of spamming, baiting and antisemitism. Including the mastery of my sacred art: teamkilling.

join SE if you want non toxic fun Join the Sith Empire Discord Server!

I dont think the community is the problem, the game just isn't very fun atm so the competitiveness has gone and the playercount/amount of people taking it seriously is low. Therefore more lamers/less admins

Im sure mace will be here to provide accurate statistics on our 1000 unique IP's every day soon enough

The irony in hearing statements about "The community was good in 2017."

The JKA community as a whole is a bit bizarre. People tend to be toxic for no reason, people are egotistical and narcissistic.

From a time perspective - early MB2 was heavily moderated on the forums and the biggest clan servers typically had very specific rules. As the game aged, many people quit (whether it be for life reasons, lost interest, server crashers etc.) What is left in this game is a mixture of dedicated folk, the toxic people who get off on it, and the randoms.

Best advice if you want to duel and have a decent time, find a friend who likes it and host your own private server.

It's been pretty bad for a long time when it comes to toxicity. I've been playing MBII since 2015 and i've seen a lot of racism and people spamming obscene binds, and lot of people disrespect an entire clan because of something that happened long ago. There's a lot of good people that play the game as well, but in my little bit of playing recently, I haven't seen it as much. But again I've barely played, I need to play more to get a opinion on how it is now.

2cwldys

Donator
Internal Beta Team
The answer to this is simple really, and this applies to the forum, discord, game, and community itself:

Highly insensitive, immature, irresponsible players who hold sanctum behind player avatars and identities so it somehow makes their bad (or in certain cases, very unfunny, extraneous, and yet meme-filled) behavior or demeanor hold no consequence.

The forums are often filled with shitposting because some people have nothing better to say, or contribute to relevant topics because they simply have nothing better to add other than their half-arsed responses, or effective display of their mental capacity and ego.

The game and community is aged, and the times where real time moderation and polish was once flawless or rather anticipated and expected, has now been reduced to a chore or something deemed a pointless tenure (unofficially). The actions or stances taken towards players on behalf of moderation seems to be limited to letting people showing their arse, so that it is forever kept on the forums like a time capsule so they can facepalm at it later when they seem to grow in maturity.

Along with the community growing older, so are the people that are managing it. People vital to Movie Battles are settling down and raising families, they are growing older and realizing that stress of managing an online community is little to nothing compared to their real life responsibilities.

With old or aged communities, especially obscured and backwater ones like Movie Battles. You have people who dig deep to set their roots in terms of forming an ego because they enjoy what little control they have, or self infatuation to make them feel better about themselves. Which in turn, can root up a lot of toxicity. Not to mention there is always a deep-cultivating and rooting virtual nationality battle going on when it comes to player skill regarding dueling on Movie Battles, ping difference playing a critical role. The grand "NA is better than EU" , "EU is better than NA" shenanigans.

To go along with this answer, another reason is rather simple - is that this is a Star Wars community, so your likely going to get a lot of immaturity.

Highly insensitive, immature, irresponsible players who hold sanctum behind player avatars and identities so it somehow makes their bad (or in certain cases, very unfunny, extraneous, and yet meme-filled) behavior or demeanor hold no consequence.

It is a trivial matter indeed, my dear mature chap; nothing hurts me more than seeing the forum filled with nonsensical extraneous garbage!
Ah, i miss ye olde tyme when i could spend a lovely evening reading walls of text written by gentlemen in top hats about dueling and open rebalancing, or when the moderation team clenched our male genitalia harder than gestapo
Now the self-infatuated man-children only discuss our "toxic community" and continue "contributing" to "relevant topics" by posting in the e-x-a-c-t same threads making the exact same arguments over and over and over and and over again instead of letting the thread die!
Phooey!

Status
Not open for further replies.