How much of the Saber system is being changed next update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am asking because I don't know if I want to spend hours upon hours learning the current saber-system if the new one is going to do away with what I've learned.

Honestly I am not looking for details here, I am just wondering if I should still spend time learning the current one or if I should wait for the new one and then practice like a madman.

If you can't answer, then that's fine too. At worst, I'll just have to wait.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
There are some styles in this game that deserve nerfs way more than cyan do. But I dont want to switch this topic into a argument on what styles need to be nerfed and what needs to be buffed
Who says they aren't getting rebalanced?

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Is it possible for some of the changes to be shown to the dueling community, given that only 1 regular duelist is working on the changes? I'm looking forward to the changes, just want to see what they are before implementation tbh.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Unbeknownst to you, I was actually in the Beta team for several years and I am not now due to a bunch of reasons.

I still maintain an avid interest in the saber system as I spend 99% of my time dueling, maintaining a server and teaching people. It is in the interests of everyone who is dueling regularly to know what sorts of changes we can expect.

You, on the other hand, don't seem to excel at any aspect of the game, and seem determined to derail every thread I post in. I would suggest you let the duelists discuss the system with one another, while you go take a beginner's course in how to be an admin on the BG Server.

Cheers!

You, on the other hand, don't seem to excel at any aspect of the game, and seem determined to derail every thread I post in. I would suggest you let the duelists discuss the system with one another, while you go take a beginner's course in how to be an admin on the BG Server.

wat

I just said if you want to test the system beforehand apply to the beta team.

Unbeknownst to you, I was actually in the Beta team for several years and I am not now due to a bunch of reasons.

I still maintain an avid interest in the saber system as I spend 99% of my time dueling, maintaining a server and teaching people. It is in the interests of everyone who is dueling regularly to know what sorts of changes we can expect.

Cheers!
Lel, you don't need to be an ass, he just asked you to join the beta team, wasn't being mean or something.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Is it possible for some of the changes to be shown to the dueling community, given that only 1 regular duelist is working on the changes? I'm looking forward to the changes, just want to see what they are before implementation tbh.

I believe we are attempting to get an open beta out before the full release.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
This. I'll be attempting to get community involvement in design and balance changes through open beta sessions, that way if people have opinions on or questions about changes that are being made they can be addressed before the next big release.

Regardless I doubt any major changes will be made to the saber system between now and the time the next patch comes out, whenever that happens. I think it's going in a really good direction at the moment.
This statement is false.
I was a duelist at one point, and worked on one of the previous long lost iterations of the saber system years ago. I may not be much of a saberist anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't understand the theory behind the changes and what they were intending to do or simulate. D:
Meanwhile, you're good at sabering but bad at attendance. That's why you're not on the beta team anymore. :^)

Last edited:
Hey, I can't find where do i sign for the beta team, I know this isn't the right place to post that, I'll delete this reply when I got the answer, apologize, idk where to post D:

S

Shady ^^

When does the open beta is most likely to be accessible? Is the dev team thinking of weeks or months, just curios :x I'm already on the edge of my seat for the saber system changes! ;)

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Right, I was counting stassin as a duelist aswell though o.o

I think we've had massive success working together, but it remains to be seen whether or not others will like it aswell ^^

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
I am looking forward to what you guys have done. A public beta session or something would be beneficial! I meant that as in Stassin has always been a tester, and you're the only 'newish' tester dude I know that is a duelist on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.