How much of the Saber system is being changed next update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am asking because I don't know if I want to spend hours upon hours learning the current saber-system if the new one is going to do away with what I've learned.

Honestly I am not looking for details here, I am just wondering if I should still spend time learning the current one or if I should wait for the new one and then practice like a madman.

If you can't answer, then that's fine too. At worst, I'll just have to wait.

Preston

Nerd
1) Who are these 'very best' duelists in the game saying that? As far as I'm aware, most of the EU Duelists (SeV, Sisi, Sek, Dymb, myself) all believe cyan needed a nerf/fix. It's a stupid style that doesn't require any skill whatsoever. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. GAR Kael likes to make out Cyan is a balanced style to hide the fact that he is relatively average with other styles.
2) In regards to the 'dueling capabilities' of the devs: if you don't know Sisi/Stassin or SeV, then you must be new around here!
3) Cyan needs a niche more than it needs a fix, tbh. I just don't see what it s supposed to be doing.
Hes like a month and a half new

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
1) Who are these 'very best' duelists in the game saying that? As far as I'm aware, most of the EU Duelists (SeV, Sisi, Sek, Dymb, myself) all believe cyan needed a nerf/fix. It's a stupid style that doesn't require any skill whatsoever. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. GAR Kael likes to make out Cyan is a balanced style to hide the fact that he is relatively average with other styles.
2) In regards to the 'dueling capabilities' of the devs: if you don't know Sisi/Stassin or SeV, then you must be new around here!
3) Cyan needs a niche more than it needs a fix, tbh. I just don't see what it s supposed to be doing.

Referring to some of the better duelists of US, such as SeaOtter, Kael, Raptor, and a few others.

I am new around here, but I've been receiving training from extremely skilled duelists, and consider myself above average.

I believe it should be a proper fencing style, like my suggestions above. It needs a thrust that can be combo'd in and out of, and should be focused around footwork, parries, and precise single hits. The parry perk was absolutely demonstrably fine, it did a pittance for damage, only really countered Blue single-hit spammers that didn't know any better. I have had far more success with Staff, than Cyan, believe me.

Cyan is Makashi, Dooku's style, and thus should be based around actual fencing (Not fake fencing, either, historical fencing)

By the by, Kael's strongest styles, are most definitely not Cyan. I have fought his best, and I can assure you, he isn't lying about Cyan.

Edit: It appears Kael negated Agent's ego, and solved the issue himself, so I edited this part.

Kael challenges anyone to beat him with the current Cyan.

Last edited:
well, start creating those animations then

edit: also, im pretty sure cyan is called tavion not dooku

none of the styles in JKA are based off those non-canon vapaad and whatnot saber styles, they are new jedi order stances that have a small passing resemblance that goes about as far as "this style is fast" or "this style attacks slowly"

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Referring to some of the better duelists of US, such as SeaOtter, Kael, Raptor, and a few others.

I am new around here, but I've been receiving training from extremely skilled duelists, and consider myself above average.

I believe it should be a proper fencing style, like my suggestions above. It needs a thrust that can be combo'd in and out of, and should be focused around footwork, parries, and precise single hits. The parry perk was absolutely demonstrably fine, it did a pittance for damage, only really countered Blue single-hit spammers that didn't know any better. I have had far more success with Staff, than Cyan, believe me.

Cyan is Makashi, Dooku's style, and thus should be based around actual fencing (Not fake fencing, either, historical fencing)

By the by, Kael's strongest styles, are most definitely not Cyan. I have fought his best, and I can assure you, he isn't lying about Cyan.

Edit: It appears Kael negated Agent's ego, and solved the issue himself, so I edited this part.

Kael challenges anyone to beat him with the current Cyan.

Uhm, we dueled 9 times (duel_dotf):
I won 5 times with red and purple against his blue/red
He swapped to cyan, beat me once, and then I beat him with blue/red twice. He then beat me again. Jewbacca was there himself, lol.

Sorry but I feel the need to correct you on trying to mislead people. Cyan is an overpowered style, and is a crutch. Fact.

Don't post crap, and don't cry to call me out. Incidentally, I took screenies (I always do against Kale in anticipation of events such as this) of it.
Cyan is an OP style. It requires minimal skill for maximum effect. Ask any other serious duelist who has been dueling for longer than 2 months for their opinion. Don't put 'Kael' in the same sentence as these other duelists, please!

Last edited:
That is based on perspective, Sev. You'll forgive me if I question the dueling capabilities of the devs. Some of the very best duelists in the game at the moment, believe that Cyan is balanced, or underpowered.

This text is gold. :)

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think this thread has served it's purpose. Without revealing the patch notes and list of changes made to the saber system there isn't much more than can really be explained about what was changed. If someone wants to make a thread to discuss saber styles and forms, go ahead and make one; it'll be moderated the same way. Opinions don't mean you get to be an asshole.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.