•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] How do I update Jedi Academy to 1.01 on Origin?

I've been trying to install 1.01, and I've tried the manual fix, but it says it only works with the CD/ROM version. Is there any way at all to install 1.01 onto the Origin version of the game, or will I have to re-buy through Steam?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I would expect the Origin version to already ship fully patched. What makes you think you need to patch to 1.01?

I would expect the Origin version to already ship fully patched. What makes you think you need to patch to 1.01?
For one whenever I try to find servers using MBII, none show up. Also whenever I go into installerdata.xml, it says that it's on version 1.0 instead of 1.01. I've also heard from several sources that both Origin and Discord only go to 1.0.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Ugh, that's stupid.

There's not going to be any patcher for those versions with DRM wrappers. Your only option to get Movie Battles working is to use OpenJK. Go to launcher settings and switch engine to MBII.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
For one whenever I try to find servers using MBII, none show up. Also whenever I go into installerdata.xml, it says that it's on version 1.0 instead of 1.01. I've also heard from several sources that both Origin and Discord only go to 1.0.
What exactly happens when you're launching Jedi Academy/MBII from Origin and then pressing Shift + ~ (tilde)?
Does game crash, or does console appear?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Your first mistake was buying anything on Origin.

Honestly you should just refund it and buy it on steam. It's like 4 bucks right now

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Well I happened to have a free month of Origin access thanks to their recent promotion, so installed their version of JKA to find out what was going on.

The game appears to be the correct version (assets3 is in base too):
1575307034127.png

However Origin's launcher does not seem to provide any way of starting multiplayer. Hitting "play" just goes straight to single player, no prompt for the executable like on Steam:
1575307157081.png

This is a little confusing as I'm not sure how Flavuseme even managed to get into multiplayer with Origin's JAMP (just like Steam, if you try to execute JAMP directly it goes through the Origin launcher and you end up with singleplayer).

EDIT: Never mind, it looks like you have to change that in advanced launch options:
1575307344909.png

Which confirms JAMP is patched (though Raven's master is still down...):
1575307464076.png

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
@Flavuseme You have two options:
  1. Run the MBII launcher and change engine to MBII / openjk in settings.
  2. Open the launcher and leave it running in the background, and use Origin to start the game after setting the following:
1575307736838.png