How can I beat red style users in duels?

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Hi!
I have been playing for about a year now, and one thing that always bugged me is the the red style is almost always unbeatable to me. (I use blue) I have read things that say to dodge as much as I can, but it proves useless when I try. I know that there are a lot of mistakes red users can make that will give me the advantage, and I have defeated many red users like this, but if no mistakes are made, I always seem to be the one to die :( . So, experienced duelers, what can I do to better my chances of beating red style saber users in duels. Thanks

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Well, as a constant red user I can give you few tips:
1) Usually red user has 2-3 favorite combos, so remembering them and learning to pb them is 70% of victory.
2) Most red users (including me) almost NEVER swingblock the second swing of red. Slap 'em!
3) Keeping a distance vs red is really important. In face to face situation red user will have advantage because red swings are wide, thus making it extremely difficult to pb them. If you got a face to face vs red user, it means you're playing by his rules. Fall back a bit and do your swings under his own, thus interrupting his attack, he'll get annoyed -> less accurate -> beaten easily. Make him play by your rules instead :)

I noticed crouching and moving up to the right foot (the foot on your right while they face you) and doing a horizontal swing to the back of their leg is an easy way of killing them.

I don't use sabers, but I use this cheese tactic whenever im forced into a position of using one.
Typically works against people who are bad, not so much against people who have a lot of experience.

You can tell who's bad by how much they use their F key.
Who knows, maybe try it during their recovery animation.

Last edited:

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
A good blue vs a good red is a very even match-up.

1) Uppercut as much as you can.
2) Lots of interrupts. Best attacks for interrupts are S+A/S+D. Use them as soon as red user initiates an attack, and interrupt.
3) Anticipate that, after their slap, they can use a quick hit. Uppercut them, wait for them to slap, and then either PB or uppercut again.
4) BACKSTABS on floored enemies. When you knock a red user down, use a stab after to create the distance again. Proceed with an uppercut right after to interrupt attack.

To be honest red is one of the easier styles to duel against if your PB is good with blue.

Hey Fletcher ;)

Like mentioned above, slapping is one of my biggest enemies as a frequent red user, as well as pblocking/fast blue combos.