Pblocking Red Combos

Eazy E

Banned
When playing I notice many new players have trouble fighting against red, some even give up on the duelling system (thinking it is extremely unbalanced). This quick guide will show you a good way to counter red.

First part to pblocking red combos is knowing 4 extremely important angles, you may need a friend to help you.
Ask your friend to block and come within slap range of him, aim slightly above his head and to the left, now ask your friend to attack you with W+A, A and W attacks the angle should allow you to pblock them all, if not then alter your aim slightly. Repeat this with your right side against W+D, D and W attacks.

Now aim at your opponents chest, do the same as above but against S+A, A then S+D, D (looking left and right respectively).

Got that down GOOD memorise these angles then move on to the next part.

Red combos are different to other combos they must change height and direction with each hit (with the exception of the A D SA combo) i'm sure you are piecing this together at this point, you must simply swap angles with each hit. If the first hit lands on your upper left the next hit will definitely land on your mid or lower right <-(this is guaranteed unless they use a delayed combo) , now you might think but I don't know which one well thats why you have the 4 angles I taught you earlier, simply aim at their chest and to the right which should allow you to pblock either of those hits. This can be done for the other hits as well if they hit your lower left first the second hit changes height and direction so it lands on either your upper or mid right and im sure you understand now where it will go for the other attacks as well.

Well that's it... oh and lastly I would like to say GG to all you red whores (looks at Anakin and Chorb)

Edit: If you need any help, training or advice about the mb2 saber system just holla at me and my homeboys from South Central (just ask black ranked T.cultist members).

Another Edit: Duels aren't won by pure pblocking it's better to counter after a pblock then to purely pblock.

Last edited:
Actually, sheer PBlocking won't work good against red users who don't repeat the same pattern over and over. It's better to pblock the first hit and counter combo with 2, or if you are confident in your swingblocking, 3-hit combo.

The main issues I'm having against red combos is that the combos remove wind-ups from swings so I can't react to the consecutive second and third swings. I've gotta try this, I guess.

Red has limited combos. And crap swings. Some swings are notorious for being able to miss people standing perfectly still:) It's like, did you do something? I felt a breeze? I could have sworn you just put your saber through my neck but hey, checked, its not been cut off:)

As such, if you bother to know and remember the combos, you can have a fairly accurate assessment whats coming by the first swing the player attempts. So if he starts off with a r swing or whatever you know if he combos then theres only 3 possible swings he can do, actually 2 that have a chance of hitting you if you have even basic footwork. You've already improved your chances to 50/50. Reflexes and a focus on where they point their feet:) tip you off.

But this involves paying attention and I personally have no desire to exert myself in a duel. I enjoy spamming. And lucky me, it just so happens I'm rewarded for it in this build:)

I won't beat some duelist that practices ever day in a duel but since I play mostly fa and open, I don't need to. Dueling's for chumps.

Eazy E

Banned
^ I also noticed that combos that end with A or D hits never seem to work due to some passthrough bug. Also I would not personally recommend learning every single red combo in order to pblock it, if you just use the trick I have posted here, you should be able to pblock combos you never knew existed.

When playing I notice many new players have trouble fighting against red, some even give up on the duelling system (thinking it is extremely unbalanced). This quick guide will show you a good way to counter red.

First part to pblocking red combos is knowing 4 extremely important angles, you may need a friend to help you.
Ask your friend to block and come within slap range of him, aim slightly above his head and to the left, now ask your friend to attack you with W+A, A and W attacks the angle should allow you to pblock them all, if not then alter your aim slightly. Repeat this with your right side against W+D, D and W attacks.

Now aim at your opponents chest, do the same as above but against S+A, A then S+D, D (looking left and right respectively).

Got that down GOOD memorise these angles then move on to the next part.

Red combos are different to other combos they must change height and direction with each hit (with the exception of the A D SA combo) i'm sure you are piecing this together at this point, you must simply swap angles with each hit. If the first hit lands on your upper left the next hit will definitely land on your mid or lower left <-(this is guaranteed unless they use a delayed combo) , now you might think but I don't know which one well thats why you have the 4 angles I taught you earlier, simply aim at their chest and to the right which should allow you to pblock either of those hits. This can be done for the other hits as well if they hit your lower left first the second hit changes height and direction so it lands on either your upper or mid right and im sure you understand now where it will go for the other attacks as well.

Well that's it... oh and lastly I would like to say GG to all you red whores (looks at Anakin and Chorb)

Edit: If you need any help, training or advice about the mb2 saber system just holla at me and my homeboys from South Central (just ask black ranked T.cultist members).

Another Edit: Duels aren't won by pure pblocking it's better to counter after a pblock then to purely pblock.
Great guide :);)

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
In order to prevent your swings from missing, you should always try and look down slightly while initiating combos that are using W,A, or D. Just aim your mouse down a bit and you should see an improvement.

Eazy E

Banned
With 1.4 launching anytime soon the information on this thread will be obsolete. Pls delete ASAP