I would also like to know if anyone has any good preferences for video editing software.
I don't like the one I'm using, specifically I'd like to be able to zoom in on stuff.

D

Deleted member 1872

Lmfao great work. I think with more slow-mo edits and sound clips to make it a bit more meme-y (can't think of a better phrase atm), you've really got something here. Unlike most other meme vids that people put out, you tend to use more actual game footage imo which makes your vids more unique in my opinion. Pretty cool to see more of the casual players out there!

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
This is interesting, it's a pretty simple and neutral highlight video containing a mix of Sick Plays, funny moments, and awkward mis-plays. You could turn the sick plays into an Ego Montage by adding "serious" music and timing the clips with the music, and you could turn the funny moments into a Meme Montage by adding lighthearted music, but what you've made is interesting in itself as just being sort of a "whole" view of the MB2 sniper-gunner experience. :p

Still, an Ego Montage or Fun (Meme) Montage would be more straightforwardly entertaining. It takes picking the right music and then putting more effort into timing the events of the clip with the music properly, whereas this vid you made is pretty simply just a bunch of clips placed in a row with no music.

This is interesting, it's a pretty simple and neutral highlight video containing a mix of Sick Plays, funny moments, and awkward mis-plays. You could turn the sick plays into an Ego Montage by adding "serious" music and timing the clips with the music, and you could turn the funny moments into a Meme Montage by adding lighthearted music, but what you've made is interesting in itself as just being sort of a "whole" view of the MB2 sniper-gunner experience. :p

Still, an Ego Montage or Fun (Meme) Montage would be more straightforwardly entertaining. It takes picking the right music and then putting more effort into timing the events of the clip with the music properly, whereas this vid you made is pretty simply just a bunch of clips placed in a row with no music.
Thanks for an in-depth review! Glad you liked it!
Unfortunately I hate to say that I use windows movie maker and can't find any better software, so I'm limited with edits like zooming in and stuff. But I will try to use more music and try-hard moments next time!

Lmfao great work. I think with more slow-mo edits and sound clips to make it a bit more meme-y (can't think of a better phrase atm), you've really got something here. Unlike most other meme vids that people put out, you tend to use more actual game footage imo which makes your vids more unique in my opinion. Pretty cool to see more of the casual players out there!
Thanks alot man. Like I said above, I will definently try more techniques, music, and better edits, but I use window movie maker so I'm limited.

Thanks for the review!

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Unfortunately I hate to say that I use windows movie maker and can't find any better software, so I'm limited with edits like zooming in and stuff. But I will try to use more music and try-hard moments next time!
My sister made some fairly solid AMVs years ago using WMM, it's sufficient for adding music and (half-decent) timing.

(Although it's possible the version of WMM you're using has even less features, or it's possible I'm underestimating how much work it was for my sister to make half-decent AMVs with WMM.)

Last edited:
Check shotcut and/or Openshot they seem to be the best open-source options currently.

Check shotcut and/or Openshot they seem to be the best open-source options currently.
Well the biggest problem is that I tried all most every program for editing videos and they either take days to edit 3 minutes worth of footage or my PC can't even handle it (Hitfilm express)

Windows movie maker is pretty good for cycling 100 clips of footage in just a few minutes, but it lacks advanced editing capabilities.

My sister made some fairly solid AMVs years ago using WMM, it's sufficient for adding music and (half-decent) timing.

(Although it's possible the version of WMM you're using has even less features, or it's possible I'm underestimating how much work it was for my sister to make half-decent AMVs with WMM.)
Oh yeah totally man. Windows Movie Maker is great for cycling hundreds of footage like I do but the problem is that Windows Movie Maker does not have too many options for zooming in or making specific Advanced editing choices. I might just stick to Windows Movie Maker because I don't really need any advanced editing capabilities the only thing I need is to build a zoom in and certain points.

Thanks alot man. Like I said above, I will definently try more techniques, music, and better edits, but I use window movie maker so I'm limited.

Thanks for the review!

If you want, powerdirector is a relatively cheap (compared to vegas, and especially compared to adobe pro premiere) software that offers some of the abilities you're looking for (zooming in for instance). Be warned though, its UI is nowhere near as sexy as that of vegas or adobe pro, so the beginning is rough, and often, you're better off doing the effects manually (zooming for instance, and especially). It's what I use personally, and you'll end up spending a lot more time than if you were to use a more advance software, but at least you do some decent stuff with it without going broke.

If you want, powerdirector is a relatively cheap (compared to vegas, and especially compared to adobe pro premiere) software that offers some of the abilities you're looking for (zooming in for instance). Be warned though, its UI is nowhere near as sexy as that of vegas or adobe pro, so the beginning is rough, and often, you're better off doing the effects manually (zooming for instance, and especially). It's what I use personally, and you'll end up spending a lot more time than if you were to use a more advance software, but at least you do some decent stuff with it without going broke.
Wow thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

Also I don't see you anymore Conga. Did you stop playing?

Edit: Conga = Vongs
Thanks auto correct

Wow thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

Also I don't see you anymore Conga. Did you stop playing?

Edit: Conga = Vongs
Thanks auto correct

Hahaha, no worries.
Nah I still play relatively often but on the EU servers now.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
are these highlights? or literally every time i play mb2? I could be the next sylvar if i recorded my "highlights". also you could render/play/record in higher resolution for starters. "Okay fuck you that deserves a !P"

HAIL Y4 PLANET

are these highlights? or literally every time i play mb2? I could be the next sylvar if i recorded my "highlights". also you could render/play/record in higher resolution for starters. "Okay fuck you that deserves a !P"
Well I don't play MB2 8 hours, 7 days a week so yes, these are highlights.

Also I'll try and see if I can record better in higher resolution.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I know the feel bro, i work 10 hour shifts mon-thursday with like 3 more hours added to commute, so i can only play weekends

I know the feel bro, i work 10 hour shifts mon-thursday with like 3 more hours added to commute, so i can only play weekends
Good lord an hour and a half drive/transport? Where do you work if you don't mind me asking?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
high volt electrician apprentice. i take the ferry boat to seattle

ur mum lel

Last edited: