What is your favorite map?

• Total voters

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Hi all!
This weekend (4/22/16-4/24/16) My group will be hosting an event for helping noobs get used to movie battles and how it works. We would love new players and experienced players to join us! This will be not only a friendly environment but a learning one as well. I want new players to be welcomed into the Movie Battles community without having to deal with the steep learning curve. We want to teach new players about team balancing (Jedi/Gun Ratio) and how to overcome certain obstacles that they may come across while playing with hardcore players. Everyone is welcome and we will have admins on the server throughout the event. That being said there are some rules we have that we want all players to understand.

Rules:
  • If a player does not want your help, LEAVE THEM ALONE.
  • Sportsmanship is required when playing. (No "you suk" comments).
  • If a player is struggling be patient and offer to help them.
  • Please avoid using items considered OP or unfair (Not required.)
  • Be friendly
  • Forgive unintentional TK's.
  • Have fun!
There are not many rules so we expect all of the rules to be followed. Failure to comply with these event rules will result in the following.
  1. Warning.
  2. Kick
  3. Kick
  4. Ban
We do not want people's experience to be negative in any way and we will not stand for people who do not follow our rules. Other then that please enjoy the game! Feel free to play tough on our admins! They are friendly and will never punish you for killing them.

Admins:
  • [FTG]FletcherTime
  • [FTG]DubPixel
  • [FTG]DarthRavenous
  • [FTG]linksis
We will also have a varying map rotation. Please feel free to vote on your favorite map! Also, players who are especially helpfull may be offered to join [FTG] . If you are not interested, please politely decline. If you want to join feel free to ask! You can visit our website HERE. All maps that are voted for will be included in the rotation. Also be ready to be filmed. Server info is below.

Server Name: [FTG]FletcherTimeGaming
Server IP: 75.142.42.162​

After the event is over feel free to reply to this post with your experience!

UPDATE: The event will not be starting til about 5:00PM Pacific Time

UPDATE 2:It has officially started.

Last edited:
Republic cruiser isn't in that poll.
But I guess that map isen't exactly a good map to train people on.

Probably maps with a lot of big open spaces would work, like Yavin, death star, cloud city, and dotf would work.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
I'd like to help some new players out but not on the NA side.
Well unfortunately I can't host an EU server. You could however send EU new players to a specific server and set up the same event :) . Other than that though, you should be able to connect and play without any connection issues. Sorry if you can't make it because of this :( .

Rules:
  • Please avoid using items considered OP or unfair (Not required.)

This line doesn't make any sense. If you are intending to teach people how to play, you should teach them every aspect on the game and how to use every weapon available. Veterans are not going to hold back just cause new players decide to not use something. The only way new players get better is by playing people that are better than them and coming up with methods of play that works for them. MB2 has hundreds of different ways it can be played. I understand you put "Not required," but my making it a rule, you are still telling players not to use things that we know work.

I was actually thinking of an event just like this to help assimilate new players into these clunky game mechanics. Cause as of right now, people pick the game up, try it for 10 minutes, then uninstall/never play again/think the game sucks. If you would like, I'd like to assist you further in this event. Add me on Steam to discuss, BROTHER.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
P.S. I will be filming saturday. If you want to be in the video show up then!

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Day 1 Summery: I got some filming done with my admins. The server wasn't very populated at first. @M@cropyte showed up and we played for a bit. It was him an three admins. He decided to leave because the servers weren't as populated :( . He said he will return hopefully tomorrow when more players show up. Later at about 7:00PM (Pacific time) people started to show up. We played for a good while and it was very fun. I hoped off and fixed some server issues. Still no noobs. Hopefully tomorrow.

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
The problem with new players is that most of them don't read forums, so it is quite hard to reach them via forum announcements ;) Still, thank you for such imitative. In the future, you might want try to reach dev team beforehand (like, a week or two before) - we could arrange something like news in the launcher, that would invite people to your event. Surely would have better coverage than forum post :)

Cheers,
/Cat Lady

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
I will still be continuing the event even if noobs fail to join. If anyone is still interested in playing.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Maybe try renaming the server to something such as "[FTG] New Player Training". I imagine a lot of new players just download the mod and try to jump right in without checking any news sources for the mod. To them, it just like another regular clan server at the moment.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Just in case some of you didn't see, the video of the event is finished and you can view it HERE.