hello movie 2 developers where is dueling patch

Lindsey

Movie Battles II Team
tumblr_pd5dkqmFAe1r1uuc8o2_500.png

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
did u guys give up cause like their hasn't been a new dueling build in like 3 years haha what is eta on tempest build open beta
Last ETA was late november :DD what a fool i was to believe it. Last time when there was actual saber testing was 3 years ago lol

Reactions: Leo

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
It will go to open beta when we are ready. There has never been a firm date and this kind of thing makes me wonder if it would be a better idea to go back to not talking about time scales at all.

What needs to happen to get the open beta out is this:
  • Finish new launcher
  • Migrate all users to new launcher
  • Wait a brief stability period to make sure everything is working
  • When Tempest has the code working on the latest build run the open beta

I would say that will be atleast 4 to 8 weeks. I would not surprise if it was longer if we hit issues or time constraints.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Not exactly. Different people work on different things. It wouldnt have been right to hold up CTF when there were other things that differnt people needed to do to get Open Betas ready - namely launcher. Since you were not one of the two people who gave test feedback on internal beta launcher release before the current one - that makes you one of the people who has held the Open Beta up. I hope you appreciate the irony of complaining about something you could help to bring about but just cant be bothered to.

Leo

Internal Beta Team
I downloaded multiple times the new launcher and problems that I've seen were addressed before by others

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Not exactly. Different people work on different things. It wouldnt have been right to hold up CTF when there were other things that differnt people needed to do to get Open Betas ready - namely launcher. Since you were not one of the two people who gave test feedback on internal beta launcher release before the current one - that makes you one of the people who has held the Open Beta up. I hope you appreciate the irony of complaining about something you could help to bring about but just cant be bothered to.
I was under the impression that the duel build was ready for open beta but you decided to make ctf your priority and run ctf open beta first. Which is a shame seeing how it died shortly after release. There is not even official ctf servers

Reactions: Leo

Leo

Internal Beta Team
I was under the impression that the duel build was ready for open beta but you decided to make ctf your priority and run ctf open beta first. Which is a shame seeing how it died shortly after release. There is not even official ctf servers
Mace would slide into this conversation saying "But that was never the plan (CTF being popularized). It works only as submode which is good enough"

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
i feel bad that this was the 'REASON' why tempest build wasn't even near beta

Like defiant said, it was not. CTF was started before tempest build did, and has been in progress longer as a result. Also it was Redsaurus, Spaghetti, and I that mainly worked on finishing up CTF stuff. Tempest is the only one that is currently working on his saber stuff.

This entire thread just makes me sad though, cause its full of misreading the words of devs to intentionally cause problems between us and the community. My estimates are generally based on everyone having adequate time to work on things each day and that isn't always the case. I often use words like hopefully, in order to convey its an estimate. Having my words taken as a guarantee when I did not word it like that doesn't help things. I also said many times that CTF open beta was a trial run of the launcher, to prep for the larger open beta for the saber system. Not that "once ctf is done we can care about saber build" because that isn't what I said and I have frequently said that the two are not reliant in any way on one or the other.

As far as I am aware, it is more or less ready for open beta, but the launcher is not. We ran CTF open beta to get more eyes on the launcher to help get rid of the bugs, without impacting the more important saber open beta and so that it could be smoother when ran.